Parker Vs Fury presser (parkers promoter loses the plot)!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Chalky, Sep 18, 2017.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    He only had to phone Robin Smith to get ref changed. Was gave option of a new Zealand ref but never even contacted to boxing authorities to sign it off so missed the boat on that one.

lukevegas likes this.
  2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Are you shitting me? Had he been professional and taken a seat at the table, and argued his point professionally in a sober manner he would be seen as defending his fighter's interests.

By causing a drunken scene and interrupting the proceedings, Higgins just embarrassed Parker, Parker's entire team and brought the whole of NZ boxing into disrepute.

Twentyman and lawslaw like this.
  3. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Not true, your post is full of inaccuracies, even according to Hennessy.

If you listened to the Hennessy video, he said he gave Robert Smiths telephone number to Duco to discuss the referee situation. That was all that was offered. Nothing more.

Second, according to Hennessy, Duco were given the option of a NZ judge NOT a NZ ref. Big difference.

And what your post has anything to do with a member of TF ever being coked off their head at a presser anyway, I do not know.

4. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    Playing devils advocate... has it actually been proven in anyway that he was actually drunk or drugged up?

We only really know that because the Furys and Mick Hennessy said so... which conveniently supports there narrative that Duco are the jokers not us.

I personally think it might have been set up... If you watch the beginning of the presser again... it looks like Joseph Parker and Kevin Barry are smirking at something asif they are waiting for something to happen.

5. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    I think it was apparent from his glazed eyes and general demeanour that he was drunk. Francois Botha was also slurring his speech.

lawslaw likes this.
  6. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    You are joking right? Did you even watch the video of the incident? :facepalm:

It is obvious to anyone with two eyes that has a little real world experience that he was off his head one way or the other.

7. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    Haha No, Maybe i am giving him too much credit... but to me he could of just been angry and wanted to make it a show hence why he never sat down.

I dont know maybe im wrong, it would of also been what 1 oclock 2 oclock in the afternoon... could just be me being naive and its always possible.

But if drink was never mentioned by peter fury et al... I dont think we would on here discussing oh he was drunk.

8. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    Erhhhh yeah, we would.

9. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Seen enough drunk and drugged up people in my life to see he was away with it. Notvset up, Duco already deeply unhappy at fact fights on YouTube so they won't be helping promote event over here.

10. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Your a Buffon who knows nothing about boxing, you must be bitter as you put your giro on vlad beating Tyson and then had to watch Tyson toy with him. Personally not going to reply to any of your posts again as your an embarrassment.

Unforgiven likes this.
  11. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    And you know boxing and what you are talking about? :risas3:

You can't even get three simple facts right in a post on points YOU are arguing for.

You called Robert Smith, Robin.:rolleyes:

You say Team Parker were offered a NZ ref, when they were not, they were offered a NZ judge.:facepalm:

You say Duco were given 'Robin Smiths' number to get the ref changed. NOT TRUE. Hennessy gave them ROBERT SMITHS' number to discuss their concerns over the ref.

You can't even construct a proper sentence or post on here, certainly without making lots of errors, and you call me a buffoon? (Note the correct spelling of buffoon, you are not even capable of getting that right!).

Jog on son, your village is missing you.:cunaooooo:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    dellboi94 likes this.
  12. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Final press conference Thursday afternoon...

Come on Mick you fat *******. Get Higgins, Botha and big John Fury all at the same table. I want to see plenty of coke fuelled shenanigans and absolute chaos. Let's promote the **** out of this thing.

13. JeremyCorbyn

JeremyCorbyn Active Member Full Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Thing is, I watch a lot of boxing videos on youtube, so boxing videos (amongst a few other interests) always come up as my recommendations.

But youtube have missed a trick here, they haven't advertised this fight to me once, and I'm their exact demographic they should be targeting, if it weren't for the fact I came on here I wouldn't even know it was on youtube PPV.

This is not going to sell well with casuals. Casuals wont even know it is on, let alone know how to watch it.

lawslaw likes this.
  14. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    This was not staged. You can tell Peter Fury is a bit of a control freak and likes to promote a professional image. Maybe due to his past.

The way he exploded was clearly not planned. If it was he should become a professional actor. He actually looked pretty terrifying

15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I didn't think he looked terrifying.
    Because of the way he stood and started ranting AFTER Higgins had been pushed clear away by the security man.
    Peter was sat down quietly when Botha and Higgins were a bit closer to him.

Yes, perhaps it was just a case of his blood boiling and he exploded, but I've seen it often where someone will wait for the security or the police to get the 'opponent' away, then the 'hard man' ranting act comes on strong.

Likewise with Big John Fury, we've all heard him saying he'd like to beat Lennox Lewis up on the cobbles (for what and why ? I doubt he even knows) but Im pretty sure if they were alone together you wouldn't hear a peep out of Big John.

impacted likes this.