Parker vs Joyce - WBO title eliminator late 2021?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Jun 18, 2021.

Parker vs Joyce

Poll closed Jan 4, 2022.
  1. Parker KO/TKO

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. Parker decision

10 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. DRAW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Joyce KO/TKO

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Joyce decision

27 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    People often mistake quick feet with good movement. You can have quick feet and terrible movement and vice versa you can have slow feet but have good movement. It doesn't matter how quickly you can move if you forget to move and just stand there.

Joyce doesn't have the quickest feet but what he is always doing is stepping off laterally to create new angles. He's rarely just standing there in front of an opponent, he honestly has some of the best movement in the division. He moves better than Joshua, who has quicker feet but all too often forgets to step off the line and ends up standing in front of his opponent.

Wizbit1013 and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  2. znalniaskas

znalniaskas Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    This, he probably has better fundamentals than Joshua.

Brighton bomber likes this.
  3. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Yeah his head movement is underrated too, he's a far better defensive boxer than given credit for. He's been given this image as a slow, plodder who just walks forward always throwing.

But there's way more skill involved in his style than given credit for. People just see how slow he is and put him in the face first plodder category, like a Arreola or Kownacki. But if you actually watch him more closely you can see he's always moving either his feet or head.

I think Parker would struggle vs Joyce. He's way faster but without the ability to counter he's got nothing to keep Joyce off him and he'll just get walked down and out worked.

4. bartkiwi

bartkiwi Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Hearing this is about to be officially announced they are just waiting to have confirmed as title eliminator but otherwise signed

Finkel likes this.
  5. 11player

11player Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Great!!! Really hoping it happens next for both.
    Looking forward to it.

Evenly matched but I'd go with Joyce.

Finkel likes this.
  6. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Yup, great fight! To be honest, it's a little difficult to pick. I like Joyce and picked him to get past Dubois, but I'm somewhat leaning toward Parker; Joyce tends to win through attrition, and I don't think that strategy works against the Kiwi. If a boxing match breaks out, I suspect Parker's significantly faster hands carry him to a decision

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  7. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Finkel - I am with you

Parker by UD

8. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Thinking joyce though he has vulnerabilities i think hes a more consistent boxer

Boxer first athlete second vs athlete first boxer second, going with joyce likely goes 12

9. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Whoever loses, they wont have a real shot again. Either fighters career is basically over after this. Joyce needs it more than as if he loses he might as well retire. Parker could perhaps make a comeback but it's yet another run ending in defeat.

10. red corner

red corner Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 9, 2021
    Yes, his window is short. But he has enough pressure and power to make the safety first Parker cover up and not engage. Joyce UD.