PARKER Will Accept 35% to FIGHT JOSHUA

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Kiwi_in_America, Nov 17, 2017.

1. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    If Hearn doesn't agree to Parker's compromise on the split he is going to leave Joshua open to public scrutiny and Joshua isn't going to like that.

2. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    That will come to a surprise to few boxers for sure..lol

3. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Just because it's the fight most want the most doesn't mean he deserves more, where's the logic in that? That demand would have to translate into the financials and it clearly doesn't at the moment because Wilder still isn't a draw.

For example, fewer people want Povetkin or Haye to fight AJ but they are both known to have a fan base and draw good money. Povetkin bid over $7 mill for his fight with Wilder, Haye and Bellew spile $9 million between them for their fight. Both these guys despite the lack of interest deserve a decent split because they bring money to the table, just because their isn't the interest in comparison to Wilder doesn't mean you ignore the money they bring and pay them less. That's not how any business would work.

Wilder says he wants the fight now, with Parker now only wanting 35%, Wilder would need to drop his split to 35% or lower to make the fight next. It just makes more financial sense right now to go for Parker. So if Wilder really does want the fight next the ball is in his court, he will need to at the very least match Parker's split offer.

4. Payback87

Payback87 Active Member Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    35 % is fair imo,AJ should take that belt easily.Parker and his team arent delusional,you cant say the same about Wilder tho sadly.

5. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    Hearn and Joshua are smart enough to know Parker will be one of Joshua's toughest opponents.

6. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Joshua has no reason to not take this fight now.

7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Yeah I don't think this fight will be the cakewalk some are suggesting it will be. This won't be just a matter of showing up and collecting the belt.

Parker hasn't looked great as of late but he's been in with some tricky opponents in Takam, Ruiz Jr and Fury. Cojanu I'll put down to the change of opponent and Cojanu knowing what Parker does having sparred so much.

Parker is at his best against a static opponent who he can get off first on. Joshua fits that model, though the danger for Parker is Joshua counters reasonably well and will punish him if he does what he usually does and stays in front of his opponent after throwing.

But I think Parker showed improved head and upper body movement vs Fury and won't be as easy to hit as in some previous performances. Parker is durable too and seems to have fixed his stamina issues. Wouldn't shock me if Parker was the first to take Joshua the distance.

8. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    So it was 40% and now 35%

They will take less simply because AJ is there biggest earner even at 25%

Birmingham likes this.
  9. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Yep 70/30 will be the one.

10. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    The logic in that is that people will pay to see it... its simple, Big fights of that magnitude will require big money and big paydays for both as well, and Wilder is more of a draw then you think. 60-40 in Joshuas favor is a fair deal imo

11. Pez

Pez Active Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2013
    70/30 is probably the fair split but if it's 65/35 or no fight then it's worth conceding the 5% to add another belt to the collection.

12. Gneus7

Gneus7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Realistically Joshua deserves at least 30%. Parker's team knows this really but obviously want to get as much as they can. Depends on how generous Hearn is feeling I guess.

13. Gneus7

Gneus7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 29, 2007
    The numbers would hold up to public scrutiny though. It would just look like Parker is afraid and ducking Joshua.

14. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    I doubt they would. Hopefully the fight gets made and we don't have to find out.

15. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    35% is fair I think.

And I like Parker actually making real moves to get this fight done. It won’t be as easy a fight as many people think.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017