Pathetic acting jobs by boxers desperately seeking a way out of a fight (DQ)?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BigDramaShow, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Doc Everlast

Doc Everlast Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Dirrell was the worst I have seen and I cant believe the they bought it. If I was Showtime I would of demanded to see his doctors records and scans for proof when he pulled out of that tournament. He had no concussion when he went to the hospital the night of the fight. But then months later when he and Ward cant find a way to fight each other the guy suddenly gets brain damage. Pathetic.

2. Doc Everlast

Doc Everlast Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Yes that was bad. The ex convict in him just keeps coming out.

3. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Hopkins. What a joke.

JL Fighter likes this.
  4. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This. Worst acting I've ever seen.

5. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Bernard Hopkins is a REAL BONA FIDE ATG!!!!!!! the times that man has been robbed in fights are many Taylor TWICE!! Slappy Calzaghe No way in hell he lost those fights . Bernard is a phenom I'm just happy to have been around to watch his fantastic career.
    As for the best acting job ?? Ill give you two

1... Floyd Cheatweather's girly scream of " He bit me!! He bit me!! ROFLMAO Maidana must have teeth like Jaws in the James Bond movie tp bite through the glove padding, hand wraps etc to severely hurt poor little Floyd !!!! Oh but I forgot there wasn't a mark on Floyds pinkies was there
    The look of panic on Kenny Bayless face was PRICELESS!! What the hell do I do now ROFLMAO

2... John Ruiz academy award worthy acting against Kirk Johnson coupled with the corrupt officiating of Joe Cortez not only cost Kirk a World Championship belt but also ruined his career. To be robbed blind like that broke Kirks heart he was never the same fighter again. We sat & watched every supposed Low blow screamed by Ruiz & warned by Cortez in slow motion several times only TWO could legitimately be called BELOW the Belt. That was disgraceful

Dementia Pugulistica likes this.
  6. lefthandlead

lefthandlead Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 1, 2010
    He's also a ATG faker..who was school by a Great Welsh man.:deal

7. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I would think Wales, a great country with great people, are extremely embarrassed over Slappy Calzaghe.. He gets a gift win while claiming he "SCHOOLED" Hopkins LOL But when Hopkins offers the coward a rematch in Wales in front of his home fans with Welsh officials, what does Slappy do???
    He runs for cover . He retires to a life of coke sniffing, getting drunk & chasing skanky ho's. He knew Nard would put him on his a$$ AGAIN!!!!!! but this time for the count of 10
    Tommy Farr was a great welsh fighter so was Jimmy Wilde but Calzaghe was a wussy:patsch

8. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Watched the Norris v Santana DQs for the first time. Remember them happening back in 94/95 and couldn't believe Norris (who was one of my favourite fighters at the time) could manage to get DQ'ed twice in a row.

Having now watched them, the first DQ was... questionable. Norris did hit Santana in the back of the head but it didn't appear to be an intentional foul. Santana's play acting is unbelievable though.

The second fight is mindboggling. Norris clear hits an unprotected Santana while the ref is still talking to him. It's an instant DQ and completely the correct decision. I just find it amazing that Norris gave Santana the opportunity to bail out again. I actually shouted 'No!' in disbelief, even though I knew it was coming, that Norris could be so unbelievably stupid as to commit such a flagrant foul.

Norris finally got it right in the third fight. He held back after each knockdown to make sure no possible foul could be committed. He only let his anger out at Santana after the fight was over.

Anyone agree that the first fight Norris was unlucky to be DQ'ed?

9. uppercut_to_the_body

uppercut_to_the_body Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2017
    kovalev quitting from legit body shots

nickpoppunk, Braindamage and Rumsfeld like this.
  10. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
  11. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    - David Haye flopping to the floor vs. Wlad Klitschko, trying to get a DQ win.
    - Dariusz Michaelczewski acting job vs. Graciano Rocchigiani

Starts at around 2:00
    This content is protected

Robney and Badbot like this.
  12. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    What a terrible post.
    Calzaghe went up in weight and in his first title fight at the new weight travelled to America and had Hopkins looking for a way out. Clear win for Calzaghe.
    Do you think anyone would want to see that rematch with Hopkins holding and looking for a way out? Who would buy it to see Hopkins lose again. Also lets not forget that Hopkins backed out of facing Calzaghe years previously. Forget that or just wanted to?

Birmingham likes this.
  13. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    When did he quit? did he turn to the ref and say no more? Or was he hit low and bent over because of that?

Flamazide likes this.
  14. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    I dont know if that was fake or not but they were two great fighters.
    Rocchigiani was very underrated