Pathetic acting jobs by boxers desperately seeking a way out of a fight (DQ)?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BigDramaShow, Oct 22, 2015.

1. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Calzaghe was incapable of throwing a LEGAL punch Even the low blow he fouled B Hop with was a SLAP Not to mention Nard put him on his ass Hopkins was robbed

2. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I understand that Hopkins is an American legend that people want to see as an iconic figure. But...

Here are some solid facts
    1. Calzaghe landed more than 100 punches than Hopkins throughout the fight.
    2. Contrary to what people want to believe, Calzaghe also made Hopkins miss more
    3. All round punch percentages, Calzaghe finished ahead of Hopkins
    4. Calzaghe outlanded Hopkins in every round
    5. A Byrd who scored for Hopkins.... Type in Adalaide Byrd in Google and see what comes up for yourself, still here are some little things for you to look at
    a. A Byrd was the only judge out of the 3 scoring judges that had Mack ahead against Cloud
    b. The K Pavlik - A Lopez fight was scored 98-92, 99-91 by the other 2 judges, A Byrd scored it 95-95
    c. A Byrd was one of the judges that had Morales a 4 point loser against Maidana
    d. In the S Aydin vs S Ouali fight, the other 2 judges scored clearly for Aydin. Byrd scored for Ouali
    e. The J Almaraz/C Tyler fight was scored a Maj-Dec all because of one judge, guess which? A Byrd
    f. The A DeMarco/J Reyes fight was a SD. Guess who the odd judge out was? A Byrd.
    g. The R Torres - M Arnaoutis fight was a close fight, a point either way to 2 judges but a wide result scored by Byrd
    h. In the A Pryor Jr/D Stanislavjevic SD, guess who the odd judge out was? You guessed it... A Byrd
    i. The W Ferguson/J Lopez SD, guess who the odd judge out was? You guessed it... A Byrd

Remember the other 2 judges scored clearly for Calzaghe

6. Calzaghe beat Hopkins in America, at a new weight with 3 American judges and Cortez as ref.
    7. Calzaghe scored the single highest score card against Hopkins ever at that time. 116-111.
    8. The 2 judges that scored for Calzaghe agreed on 9 of the rounds
    9. Calzaghe landed more on Hopkins than anyone ever at that time.

Now I know there will be a flood of people coming on here noting Hopkins scoring a flash KD in the first round, and I agree that Hopkins did win a few rounds even when he didnt land as often, but people are mad if they think Calzaghe won on workrate, Calzaghe won because he was able to land his left more often than Hopkins could land his right.
    Calzaghe finished the stronger and took away the moments Hopkins likes down the stretch.
    Other thoughts, If Hopkins thought he was winning, do you think he would have been looking for time out and would bother trying to get points deducted off of Calzaghe, of course he wouldnt, Hopkins knew he was losing.

What I do note is that nobody seems to mind Hopkins lost to Taylor. In the first Hopkins/Taylor fight, Jermaine was badly hurt and Hopkins looked the stronger at the end, yet it seems to upset alot of these people that Calzaghe beat Hopkins. Appears very biased.

Birmingham likes this.
  3. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Baileys on it.. Great and very accurate post !

bailey likes this.
  4. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    Thank you Birmingham

Birmingham likes this.
  5. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Very impressive post........BUT
    How many od the shots landed by Calzaghe were actually LEGAL ?? Not slaps
    which are illegal FOULS!!
    The low blow was a deliberate foul
    Both Taylor fights were robberies too

6. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Francisco Lorenzo against Humberto Soto was so pathetic (Joe Cortez was even more pathetic) that the WBC chose not to award Lorenzo with the title despite winning by DQ.

Robney likes this.
  7. Mynydd

Mynydd Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Have I missed it in your post, or did you overlook that it was also Byrd who thought Canelo took 10 rounds against Golovkin? It's amazing she gets anywhere near a boxing ring.

As for play-acting, who was that guy Rahman fought who must have taken a tumble eight times in that fight despite not taking a solid shot? Utterly comical.

8. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Pacquaio earlier in his career against Agapito Sanchez.

dinovelvet likes this.
  9. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    This. Hopkins gets nowhere near the respect he deserves.

TigerDariusz, bailey and C.J. like this.
  10. stiflers mum

stiflers mum Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Paul Briggs against Danny Green.

dinovelvet likes this.
  11. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    Must have been enough legal shots for him to win the majority of rounds with the 3 judges.
    Slaps are only illegal if landing with the inside of the glove and I didnt see that happen. Do you not think Hopkins would not be able to walk through slaps?
    As for the low blow. who knows if it was legal or not but seeing as Hopkins had his back turned, I struggle to believe it was intentional, and Hopkins was even questioned about it after the fight and the ref even told Hopkins to carry on so it looked to me that Hopkins was just wanting time out.
    Stick to the facts which you found impressive and they are indeed

Here are the same some solid facts for you to read again...
    1. Calzaghe landed more than 100 punches than Hopkins throughout the fight.
    2. Contrary to what people want to believe, Calzaghe also made Hopkins miss more
    3. All round punch percentages, Calzaghe finished ahead of Hopkins
    4. Calzaghe outlanded Hopkins in every round
    5. A Byrd who scored for Hopkins.... Type in Adalaide Byrd in Google and see what comes up for yourself, still here are some little things for you to look at
    a. A Byrd was the only judge out of the 3 scoring judges that had Mack ahead against Cloud
    b. The K Pavlik - A Lopez fight was scored 98-92, 99-91 by the other 2 judges, A Byrd scored it 95-95
    c. A Byrd was one of the judges that had Morales a 4 point loser against Maidana
    d. In the S Aydin vs S Ouali fight, the other 2 judges scored clearly for Aydin. Byrd scored for Ouali
    e. The J Almaraz/C Tyler fight was scored a Maj-Dec all because of one judge, guess which? A Byrd
    f. The A DeMarco/J Reyes fight was a SD. Guess who the odd judge out was? A Byrd.
    g. The R Torres - M Arnaoutis fight was a close fight, a point either way to 2 judges but a wide result scored by Byrd
    h. In the A Pryor Jr/D Stanislavjevic SD, guess who the odd judge out was? You guessed it... A Byrd
    i. The W Ferguson/J Lopez SD, guess who the odd judge out was? You guessed it... A Byrd

Remember the other 2 judges scored clearly for Calzaghe

6. Calzaghe beat Hopkins in America, at a new weight with 3 American judges and Cortez as ref.
    7. Calzaghe scored the single highest score card against Hopkins ever at that time. 116-111.
    8. The 2 judges that scored for Calzaghe agreed on 9 of the rounds
    9. Calzaghe landed more on Hopkins than anyone ever at that time.

Now I know there will be a flood of people coming on here noting Hopkins scoring a flash KD in the first round, and I agree that Hopkins did win a few rounds even when he didnt land as often, but people are mad if they think Calzaghe won on workrate, Calzaghe won because he was able to land his left more often than Hopkins could land his right.
    Calzaghe finished the stronger and took away the moments Hopkins likes down the stretch.
    Other thoughts, If Hopkins thought he was winning, do you think he would have been looking for time out and would bother trying to get points deducted off of Calzaghe, of course he wouldnt, Hopkins knew he was losing.

What I do note is that nobody seems to mind Hopkins lost to Taylor. In the first Hopkins/Taylor fight, Jermaine was badly hurt and Hopkins looked the stronger at the end, yet it seems to upset alot of these people that Calzaghe beat Hopkins. Appears very biased.

12. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    Hello Mynydd
    That post was a copy and paste of a very old post I did, long before the Golovkin/Canelo score card. Im sure since that post which is years old there could be more to add

13. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    I used to have a copy of that fight. I thought of that fight and would never have guessed at that time that Pacquiao was going to go on and become an ATG. Sanchez was causing him all kinds of problems
    That was a SBW unification if I remember correctly that ended in a draw

14. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    I think he does. I think many think of him as one of the best MW champs ever. There isnt many I would have favoured against him at MW

Potwash likes this.
  15. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Jesus! 3 pages of Hopkins :lol:

Potwash likes this.