Paul Appleby vs Gamboa

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by C HOP, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Beeston Brawler

Beeston Brawler Comical Ali-egedly Full Member

Jan 9, 2008
    I think Appleby has some talent, but needs to be moved along at a more steady pace, rather than blasting people out and then the big jump up!

He should have had a better quality of opponent by now as a test, but don't rush him up too quick.

I think he certainly has what it takes to be a European level, too early to say about World, but can't complain so far.

2. box-now

box-now Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    appleby has looked good in his pro fights so far but against very limited fighters. jason hastie beat him in a commonwealth games box off in 2006, hastie has just turned pro and is 2-0 looking like a very good prospect also

3. boxgirl

boxgirl Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2008
    if you know anything about paul appleby and jason hastie you will no that appleby beat hastie a couple of times and the commonwealth games box off, well lets just say it was a bit of a cut up , jason is a good boxer and hopefully he will succeed to his full potential scotland could do with some more good fighters best of luck to both lads .

4. box-now

box-now Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    no i dont agree with you there hastie won the fight fair, and although they have fought a number of times they where always close, i believe hastie wll do very well as a pro, and we will prop be seeing these two fight as pro's in the next few years.

5. girv

girv Gatekeeper Full Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Its too early too call. I think Gamboa is the most exciting young fighter I have watched in a while and while I havent seen Appleby, I have been told that he is the goods. Hope they both do well!

6. Big Ears

Big Ears Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Martin Lindsay won by ko in the first round last night to set up what is a very intruiging encounter between Appleby and Lindsay for the Celtic Featherweight title(and a British title Eliminator) .

I just hope this fight goes ahead as it would be a real cr@cker .

7. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Good luck to the guy though, hope he proves me wrong.