Paul Fuji v Aaron Pryor

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Jel, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Watching Fuji swarming all over Sandro Lopopolo got me thinking about Aaron Pryor.

How do you think this would go between arguably the two hardest hitting junior welterweights in history.

The Morlocks likes this.
  2. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Pryor wasn't a devastating one punch artist like Fuji, and I would not say that Pryor was one of the biggest punchers at 140.

Pryor got guys out via accumulation, and combination punching. Fuji was definitely the bigger bomber.

In any case, Pryor wins by TKO. Probably has to rise off the deck to do so, but he eventually overwhelms Fuji.

3. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Well, I said 'arguably'... but you're right, one punch power Fuji clearly has the edge.

red cobra likes this.
  4. Rope-a-Dope

Rope-a-Dope Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Probably either Fuji by early KO, or Pryor by later KO after having been knocked down. Pryor could be sloppy and walk right into punches. If Akio Kameda and Dujuan Johnson could knock him down, Fuji certainly could. I see Pryor getting knocked down early. If that happens, Fuji has to not let him back into the fight and needs to finish him quickly. Otherwise Pryor eventually defeats him with accumulated punishment.

roughdiamond likes this.
  5. Rspen46

Rspen46 Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Pryor never fought anyone with Fuji's power, Cervantes was past his Prime at the end, and Arguello's best was JLW.
    Alexis was a solid LW but lost power moving up to JWW, even though he would have Koed Pryor without the drugs.
    Dujuan Johnson was the next closest thing to having power and he was nothing special, Pryor was downed at least 7 or 8 times by guys with a lot less, I say unless he gets Fuji quickly he gets hurt and put down and Fug finishes him.
    Pryor most likely loses to anyone with excellent power unless they are absolutely terrible, I think at LW Andy Ganigan would have got that 1 punch into Ko him.
    Pryor ran from the LW division as fast as he could when he was ranked #3 and due for a title shot down the road, instead his camp runs him to the worst division in boxing at that time where he hid for his entire career instead of staying at LW and fighting Kenty, Mancini.
    Arguello at LW better for Alexis.
    Gato Gonzales had power to KO him, Howard Davis Jr. would have been good, Davis beat him twice in the Olympics, and in time, Rosario, Jimmy Paul had nice power, O'Grady would have been nice, Bramble, even Chavez if Pryor had not had to quit boxing for drugs, also Camacho, Mcgirt and others he could have fought that were very good at the time and others coming up.
    He avoided Mamby at JWW who was the other JWW champ nearly Pryor's entire reign, but they somehow never fought, he should have fought and been Koed by DURAN, he turned down Leonard, he could have fought anyone and he chose a slow over 30 Arguello over his best weight, slow and prodding and methodical, perfect for Pryor, as they saw it, he avoided anyone and everyone like the plague especially power guys.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  6. The Morlocks

The Morlocks Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2009
    THIS PERSON IS A COMPLETE FRAUD AND LIAR. WATCH ALL PRYOR THREADS.

red cobra likes this.
  7. Rspen46

Jun 6, 2013
    I post well-thought-out replies to all posts, I use the knowledge I've gained since starting to watch boxing with the 1st Ali-Frazier fight.
    I was hooked forever after that fight, I've since read all I can find, watched every one could since then.
    I worked out at both of Pryor's gyms in Cincinnati, during his time at JWW, I also worked at both gym's as a small part of his crew, I was a Gofer along with several others, we would go get food at all hours of the day and night, drinks, whatever they needed, we cleaned the place, we worked out there and trained.
    So I have 1st hand inside knowledge of Pryor that most do not, so whenever I see Pryor posts I offer what I know to further that information that others are discussing.
    UNLIKE YOU who posts things calling people names and liars and whatever other stupidity you called me for no reason. You should be banned from these forums for such things, as your post has nothing to do with what was asked here.
    If you read everything I've ever posted on Pryor, you can easily see I am offering my own personal insight into him from personal experiences. in Cincinnati we all loved Pryor, he was a very good and super exciting fighter from our City, that was extremely exciting to everyone I knew and talked to in town.
    So what I saw about Aaron is the truth to the best of my knowledge and not from hating or disliking him, but from enjoying his bouts my entire life.
    I have seen all but 1 Pro fight in person right near ringside as a part of his crew, he hated the word entourage, we were all called his crew, and everyone in the crew believed things about him just as I did and do now. as we discussed it all the time, we all knew he could not take a great punch, we all knew he did not have 1 Punch KO power but yes hit very hard with both hands.
    He also possessed zero ring generalship because he was dumber than a rock, but we also all knew he was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet, when not on drugs which were not often, but he could be a great guy, fun to talk to and be around, so what I say comes from caring about him and getting the honest truth out as I saw it and knew it, so you can call all the names you want, but at least post on what the original topic is about, not to call others names and belittle them and bully them.

8. The Morlocks

The Morlocks Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2009
    THIS MAN IS A LIAR AND COMPLETE FRAUD. RICHANDHUFF MAYBE. BUT A 100 % LIAR AND RANK COWARD FRAUD TO BE SURE

9. Rspen46

Jun 6, 2013
    Another nasty person that does not post comments with anything to do with the original post only wasting time harassing people, who cares about when to start a paragraph, i just try to watch my speling and make my posts, you should your education and intelligence just by harassing me.

If you have the time to post this stuff then try answering the original post above, also do you go around trying to grade everyone's posts, retired school teacher or what?

10. bbox71

bbox71 Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2019
    who wins Chavez or pryor?