Paul Smith Jnr is ranked 5th..

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by nurological, May 13, 2017.

1. John-tha-dunce

John-tha-dunce Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2016
    Yeah seen that myself . Hopefully the uproar is making him rethink the fight . Hopefully pulls it. Would love to see smiths face when he gets the news

2. Dibbs

Dibbs Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Gilberto Mendoza stated he would make a decision on this fight within 7 days, which was 9 days ago. He has failed to answer questions relating to the almost mystical No:5 ranking of Paul Smith Jr. There are only two ways that a fighter progresses up the rankings, obviously by consistently winning or that organisation has a hidden agenda to make a fight to ensure it looks credible. Paul Smith Jr's ranking changed while he wasn't even fighting, and even if he was, fighting the last 3 tomato cans with a total 51 loss record would not have you top 5 in any organisation. This is the guy who states his opinion on Sky as an 'unbiast' pundit, but when you ask him why should he be fighting for a world title he will simply block you on Twitter. It's a fair point but everyone is blocked because he cannot justify it. Deep down Paul Smith knows he is not entitled to another title shot, but if he blocks anyone that asks and stays quiet then just maybe he can pretend he deserves yet another shot.

3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Seems there's some interview with Boxing Monthly or someone where Smith states he deserves his ranking because of his losses to Ward and Abraham.

Farcical. Paul Smith is a ****ing joke. Not to mention the 'not caring about the haters' except for when he talks about them at every opportunity.

Ace Frehley likes this.
  4. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    There was a time, years ago, when a fighter had to earn his ranking, but now this is not true.................$$$$$$$$

5. Sniper4

Sniper4 New Member Full Member

May 14, 2017
    anyone remember when 19-2 Lewis Petit was ranked 5 in the WBA haha. This is worse tho, if wba kept him in rankings, low down the table, after AA loss in Feb 2015, wouldn't really been an issue. But from 2 years without being ranked to go to 5! ahead of active fighters, is a joke.

6. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
  7. mstar

mstar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
  8. Dibbs

Sep 10, 2005
    For all the young Pro boxers out there, never give up hope, you can have a domestic career, fight tomato cans, and still get multiple world title shots. Give your career that extra push and get friendly with the WBA, they have an astonishing magic marker which when used can manipulate your ranking without you having won a fight. And if the fans question anything just be like Paul Smith Jr and just block them from your Twitter account. Boxing is the noble art, yet there is nothing noble about Paul Smith Jr or the WBA. When this Sky 'pundit' happens to be commentating on how boxing is a hard sport, i shall be ready with the mute button to silence this hypocrite. Boxing is a hard sport but when you are handed multiple title shots and a top 5 ranking without actually beating anyone of note, something is clearly wrong.

yesihavearm2 likes this.
  9. PaulLynch83

PaulLynch83 New Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    How the **** is he even ranked? He's no better than a British level boxer, the WBA is definitely corrupt.

Seriously how can people recognise WBA anymore? They are a joke[/QUOTE]

Odins beard likes this.
  10. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Smith prepared Fonfara for Adonis Chickenson by knocking him out....................so then Chickenson decided to fight Fonfara........................WBC should be ashamed, but they have no shame.............

11. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    **** Paul Smith

See a woman on Twitter said he wasn't deserving of it and then started calling her ugly and stuff. Haters don't bother him though! Horrible, horrible individual.

JE SUIS ZEUGE

Robney likes this.
  12. Dibbs

Sep 10, 2005
    It's not just haters that Paul Smith cannot deal with, he is so blinded in his pursuit of a world title that he cannot see why it is so, so wrong. Paul Smith states he is 'world class' and yet his professional records states otherwise. If i were to tell you i was a world class boxer and my best win was against Tony Dodson you would probably think i escaped into my own mind a bit to much or that i smoke spliffs the size of table legs. Paul Smith does not need to justify this fight or his magical WBA ranking because it's easier to block people than offer an explanation. I certainly wouldn't follow Paul Smith as his account shows personal verbal attacks that show a very childish mentality and an over zealous use of the block feature. Boxing always had this stigma of a corrupt sport, after all if i was a boxer and Arthur Abraham had beaten me twice, i would think it rather strange how i would be above Arthur Abraham in the rankings. The WBA themselves are very much like a team of sleight of hand magicians, they can make things disappear and reappear but won't actually divulge how the trick is performed.

Robney and PaddyGarcia like this.
  13. Dibbs

Sep 10, 2005
    Paul Smith last fought on 10th September 2016 at this point he is not even listed in the WBA’s top 15, after all he fought 3 tomato cans with combined losses of 51 there is no reason why he would be top 15. Upon checking the WBA database Paul Smith’s ranking was still not listed in the top 15 in March 2017 which is not surprising, NO FIGHTS SINCE SEPTEMBER 2016. Then in April 2017 Paul Smith Jr’s ranking with the WBA suddenly changed, he suddenly appeared at No:5 without actually fighting.

Now the WBA have been very suspect on this issue, Gilberto Mendoza promised to make a decision on whether this fight with Tyron Zeuge would indeed go ahead, yet he remains very tight lipped. He will not answer questions on why Paul Smith Jr’s ranking changed without actually having a fight.

There remains some extremely shady area’s within boxing and a lot is in the direction of the governing bodies. Gilberto Mendoza has failed miserably when he stated the WBA was going forward, so if you are a fan do not bother contacting the WBA as they only answer questions when it suits their agenda when it appears transparent or in this case some what hidden where silence is the best option.

14. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    Just passing by to say **** Paul Smith

15. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Again the sport of boxing looking like an utter f***** circus. Embarrassing.