Paul vs Fury Official

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Oct 29, 2021.

1. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    With the limited amount i,ve seen of both i reckon paul will beat him. People call him just a youtuber...but neither of the brothers are idiots...pretty sure they throw around a lot of money to put themselves through hard training camps...with the best of everything.

Anyone training seriously with that sort of budget will come on a lot. Hes not great but tommys playing at it a bit by the looks of it.

2. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    The press conferences will be fun. Tommy is incredibly unintelligent and won’t look good in those against Paul.

Say what you want about Jake Paul but he’s very clever and markets himself fantastically. I hope he wins.

Even John Fury admitted that he and Tyson are fans of Jake Paul.

im sparticus and hobby rider like this.
  3. ElPantera

ElPantera Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2021
    If Tommy loses this expect a rant of epic proportions from Big John about Tommy's celebrity lifestyle.

It's always been a sore point for John about whether Tommy is a fighter or influencer but none of the Furys will accept their name getting embarrassed in boxing like that especially when they've backed him.

Tommy loses, he's cut away straight away.

4. Guru88

Guru88 Active Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2020
    He isn’t fitter than Paul, Paul has been in training camp preparing for this for the last 7 weeks (according to him) whilst Tommy has been out of training and eating ice cream every night with his bird on Instagram, I don’t know if he genuinely thinks this will be easy for him but it definitely won’t, I would make Jake Paul the favourite, he’s naturally bigger and isn’t quite as slow and useless as Tommy, he’s also much better prepared and will have better people around him etc, not just John Fury ranting in the background

Sap1en likes this.
  5. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    How the hell is Parker gonna cope with this?
    He’s normally hanging out the back of the Furys, grinning and smiling along.

He won’t be happy he’s missing out on this

LeavemealoneKoooogs and Jurgen like this.
  6. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Agreed. I don’t suppose they’ll have any as they’re clearly both getting a bit of ‘help’.. but would be interesting to see if they do have any sort of drug testing. I don’t think they have for any of these celeb fights.

Shows how effective Jake Paul has been when there’s already a 3 page thread of discussion on this forum. This time last year a Jake Paul fight wouldn’t have registered on this forum.

im sparticus and Jurgen like this.
  7. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Haha. Just because he's been training for 7 weeks doesn't mean that he's fitter than Fury. We don't know what sort of stamina Fury has, but we know that Paul's stamina is poor.

8. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    The Gypsy pride is on the line here. If Tommy loses, Tyson and Hughie should both retire.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  9. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
  10. Guru88

Sep 6, 2020
    Are you joking? Somebody who has been training consistently for nearly 2 months and is on weight vs somebody who has been out of shape and has never gone more than 4 rounds, I’m guessing Paul is in better shape, besides you only have to look at Tommy Fury to know his stamina will be poor because of how unnaturally muscular he is, he is more of a weight lifter than AJ a few years ago ffs, there’s no way he will be able to carry that for 8 rounds at a high pace at cruiserweight, if he swerved the weights and 10,000 calories a day he brags about off and slimmed down and focused on boxing he’d probably be a super middleweight

11. Guru88

Sep 6, 2020
    If Tommy loses you arguably have to discredit pretty much everything Tyson has done, did he really beat Wilder in the 3rd fight if Tommy ****s this up? I’m not sure

Glenn McKrory and Max Thunder like this.
  12. Safin

Aug 3, 2019
    No, I'm not joking. All of the things that you say can indeed lead to someone having poor stamina. Tommy Fury's stamina may therefore be suboptimal, relative to his own baseline. But even then, his stamina could still be better than Jake Paul, who, by the way, is clearly boxing at an unnatural weight. I'm not sure why you're ignoring that. It's as clear as day. The guy even bills himself at 6'1''.

There are countless (and I mean that in a literal sense) heavyweights out there that could easily make cruiserweight if they weren't slobs and although their stamina is suboptimal, it's still at a level where it is oftentimes better than their opponent. This is no different. Tommy Fury may have a **** poor aerobic capacity, but he may not. I'm assuming that he's not that fit, but that he may be fitter than Jake Paul, whose stamina, for someone who has apparently had high level camps, is crap.

You say that "there's no way he will be able to carry that for 8 rounds at a high pace at cruiserweight". That's true, but why do you think that this will be boxed at a high pace and why do you think Jake Paul would be any different?

I reckon both will probably gas a bit from all of the cognitive distress they'll be under. Both of them are egoists who will be desperate to win and will probably be trying to keep their hyperventilating to a minimum after throwing a couple of token jabs.

13. Guru88

Sep 6, 2020
    I’m not saying Jake Paul is some athletic beast with the stamina of a prime Joe Frazier, I’m just saying that he’s currently in better shape than Tommy, I doubt he spends all day lifting weights and pounding back 10,000 calories so he can pose on Instagram, he is ironically behaving like much more of a ‘fighting man’ than Tommy is. Tommy’s bulky muscular build just leads him to be slower than he already is and as poor as Jake Paul is his technique is more fluid and crisper than Tommy’s. I agree that this fight will probably look like 2 teenagers having a fight outside school after a couple of rounds but I wouldn’t bank on Tommy’s fitness, in fact I wouldn’t bank on him at all, you’ll see how poor he is on the night, seems like a decent guy but he has 0 talent, none. All of this ‘he’s a boxer and Paul is a YouTube’ is absolute rubbish aswell, Tommy has had a amateur few bouts in his late teens and fought a few journeymen, I’d bet there would be a few youtubers out there who would batter Campbell Hatton if you have them long enough to train, that’s how bad him and Tommy are. Paul should be the favourite in this

14. Safin

Aug 3, 2019
    I'm not sure who will win this, but I seem to rate Paul higher than 99% of the forum. I don't accept the whole "he's a YouTuber" thing. Look at the amount of "professional" boxers that are used as stepping stones and knockover jobs. They're crap, and hold down full-time jobs. Is a boxer with 50 bouts, but holds a full-time job as a UPS driver more of a boxer than Jake Paul? I would argue not - just that Paul is at the start of his boxing career (or stint). Why does Tommy Fury get "pro boxer" status when he only had about one bout before he went on to that shitty love island? He's much more of a "celebrity influencer" than he is boxer.

I think it will come down to stamina and ability to take a punch - if they decide to go for it. It could be a snoozefest, though, with a lot of clinching and dancing around. Paul seems to have a better right than any punch Fury has.

15. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Fair play to Fury, gone the celebrity route as is about to get paid well for it. No interest in the fight at all but hope he wins for boxing sake