PBC Countdown: Jermell Charlo vs. Tony Harrison II - airing on FS1

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Dec 8, 2019.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
  2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Pretty interesting hearing the coaches walk through what the real-time game plan was as it unfolded, breaking down x's and o's. Also funny how deluded Jermell is, he still can't understand why he lost.

don owens likes this.
  3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Jarring contrast between the camps. You have the "Lion's Only" mansion, where the former champ is awoken by a member of his training staff and plays with his dogs ("Ali's the smart one. Tyson is kinda dumb.." :lol:) before moseying down to breakfast, where his fiancé's mother insists on him to imbibe her "ginger shot" along with like two dozen other members of his team, imploring him to set a healthy example... :dunno :azote:

Then you have Tony Harrison leaving his family & clingers-on behind in Detroit and relocating his camp to Florida, where neither he nor anybody in his corner knows a soul. Doing his runs and footwork drills in the sand of the beach (and lest you worry about complacency, if this sounds too much like a vacation - Harrison isn't a fan of the beach, or the ocean, as he is deathly, irrationally phobic of sharks :lol:. "I gotta be uncomfortable, then everybody out here uncomfortable with me, bare footed")

don owens and CST80 like this.
  4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    idk why I'm so happy to learn that Harrison and Keith Thurman are friends, but... I dig it.

941Jeremy, George Crowcroft and CST80 like this.
  5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    One-Time really KSAB. He should definitely get a job as either a commentator or trainer when he retires. He correctly identifies that Charlo is going to be hungry to knock Harrison out to get revenge, but that if Harrison can't summon up the same desire to hurt Charlo - if all his trash-talking and selling Harrison's victory short don't light a fire under his ass to make him want to hurt Charlo just as badly - then he should just plan to instead outbox him, which is what Thurman says worked for him last time anyway. "Jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab, and you got it. Focus on the numbers, forget about the power.."

I agree. Harrison gets in trouble when he falls in love with his power - which is considerable, but "Iron Man" does have an iron chin. In a pure boxing match, however, Tony can't lose.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Jermell going all out with the mind games, mocking Harrison for the ankle injury that postponed their originally scheduled rematch date in June (when he instead fought Jorge Cota), and intimating that it was either faked or exaggerated. "Yeah, that's fine, watch me blast this dude out and get that money while you sit there at ringside just watching. You just bought yourself a little time, is all.."

CST80 likes this.
  7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    There's genuine mutual dislike here.

8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This content is protected

9. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I don't really care about these road to the fight kinda shows, but I do want to see the rematch when possible because the first was a pretty good close fight.

Holler likes this.
  10. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Hopefully Harrison can get the win again, Charlo comes across as a bitter deluded dickhead

11. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    This content is protected

:lol: ****, it´s been a year since the first one. PBC are really nailing it.

CST80 likes this.
  12. ILikeBoxingForRealz

ILikeBoxingForRealz Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Looking forward to this one. I think Charlo takes back his title

13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Mark my words, the Charlo twins are going to pull the switcheroo again in this one ie. Jermello shows up at the weigh in, and a 190lb Jermallo shows up in the ring on fight night.

J Jones, Holler and CST80 like this.
  14. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Harrison owned him again at the final presser, he makes me crack up

CST80 and Badbot like this.
  15. _Scott_

_Scott_ Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Fix your title son, it's Tony Harrison vs Jermell Charlo II