PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by yesihavearm, Sep 16, 2007.

1. yesihavearm

yesihavearm Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2007
    PBF could have fought a real welterweight in Williams or even Mosely/Cotto. Instead he's done what he's always done and avoided the best competition possible instead to fight a light-welterweight who was clearly out of his depth when he moved up to 147!

Williams said he offered the fight to Fraud but Fraud turned it done, running scared as usual, like he does in most of his matches.

PBF's best wins are against a shot Gatti and a shot DLH.

Who's he gonna fight next, Ivan Calderon ?

2. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Hatton is a real fight. He's undefeated and a world champion.

Should Mayweather beat him, then he will fight Cotto/Mosley or Williams

3. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Williams is the weakest of the guys PBF could face. I would even pick PBF t o stop him.

4. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Well said :yep

5. Lostmykeys

Lostmykeys Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    Williams isn't a big enough name.

That and Hatton was talking all kinds off **** after already ducking Floyd.

6. 41fever

41fever Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2005
    That's true, but Hatton has to come up to 147, a weight he doesn't perform well, he and his father admitted.

7. aliwasthegreatest

aliwasthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    you just did a thread about pbf avoiding people. does it ever get boring doing the same thing over and over again?

8. JAM Killer

JAM Killer Coming Through. Full Member

Nov 5, 2006
    I disagree that Mayweather should have fought Williams, Williams is no where near ready for that and he would lose every ****ing round. Anyway, Mayweather should have fought Hatton at 140, at 147 Hatton does not stand a chance.

9. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    That is the dumbest **** I have ever heard..In the history of boxing guys who stepped up a half a weight class or even a whole never made these bull**** excuses...Floyd is not a real welter...hatton is a lifetime 140 guy..floyd started at 130............................................the ****ing fight is even..Only in the world of nonboxing ******s does the half of weight class and 7pounds mean anything..If he whoops him at 147..he whoops at 146-145--144-143-142-141-140-139 etc etc....If floyd was the bigger man....and he was draining A-LA every other welter that really weighs 160 on fight night then you have a point.............otherwise..STFU..So I guess after Hearns got demolished by Hagler..he said he would of took him out at 154.....just like duran made that same excuse for beating Sugar Ray the first fight..RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
    INGRATES ACT LIKE HATTON IS MOVING UP TO MIDDLE..IT IS A HALF OF A WEIGHT CLASS...................................................................................................:nut

10. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    :good

I am stil waiting on the crowd to prove to me a great fighter that moved up a half of weight class and just was plain trash and if that same fighter moved down the half a weight class beats the guy that whooped his ass a half a weight class higher..Hatton was Hatton against Collazo........................that is the most pure utter bull**** ever spewed..Collazo was Collazo.........Hatton couldnt push him around....Hatton could not hurt him............Hatton got tired trying to muscle him around...but the point is....it was still him...everything else..NON BELIEVERS....the fight is on youtube finally. Proves my case that he was no different, just that Collazo boxed his ass up and was the stronger man.

11. aliwasthegreatest

aliwasthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    i didnt see that fiight pon youtube i dont see it up

12. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    when floyd gets big paycheques, does he share some of it with you?

13. Mundo

Mundo ****s the wives of every Full Member

Aug 17, 2005
    I cant BELIEVE all this BITCHING about Mayweather fighting HATTON.

im starting to believe the PBF fans that say he could be fighting ANYBODY and people would STILL *****.

Hes fighting RICKY HATTON...

this isnt gatti, this isnt judah, this isnt mitchel, this isnt baldomir...

for ****s sakes get a grip.

wow.... he turned down a fight with the williams... who has JUST reached elite level, to fight RICKY HATTON.

it was barely before the judah fight where RING magazine had on their cover
    'Forget Judah... give us Hatton vs Mayweather'

anyone who thinks that WILLIAMS is a better scalp, and opponent, for mayweather, at THIS POINT... is crazy. This is the perfect time to make this fight.

These guys are 2/3 of the undefeated star champions from 140-147 that have forged this era... being Mayweather, Hatton, Cotto... and this fight is needed. Williams is going to have to wait in line, because the winner of mosley/cotto should get it next.

14. The Kurgan

The Kurgan Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 16, 2004
    If PBF knows he can beat Hatton at 147, then he will lose.

15. The Kurgan

The Kurgan Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 16, 2004
    I think it's ******ed, but I'm not surprised. If PBF had fought anyone else, people would say he was ducking Hatton. Because he's number 1 in the best weight category in boxing (140-154), there are endless people for him to face. Since PBF can only fight one guy at a time (though he could probably beaten Gatti and Baldomir at the same time), there's always going to be someone he's "ducking".