People trying to fight you, not knowing your a Boxer

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by pugilisticteen, Dec 27, 2013.

1. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    This thread has to go down in history as the biggest slagging ever , just what happened to the OP ????

He has fight vids on other threads , i wonder if he has morphed into a new profile ?

2. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    this is pretty ****ing funny.
    "listen, I fight 3 times a week, you fight a maximum of twice a year"
    its not witty or cheesy enough.

3. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I like what an old trainer that I knew (before he passed away) used to always say:

Never tell anyone you're a boxer. If you're good enough, they're all going to know anyway. If you're not, you don't want them to find out.

4. Speechless

Speechless Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I think that sums it up perfectly.

5. good boy

good boy Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I imagine a situation where the OP was confronted by a big guy, and he assumed the big guy cant fight.

OP stands back calmly and says ''listen, chump, i am a boxer and i go to the gym 3 times per week. You do not want to do this, it will be the last thing you do''

Then BANG, OP get knocked the **** out in front of everyone. Spark out. Chocking on his own blood. In front of the girls he tries to impress because hes a boxer :lol:

How embarrassing, no wonder he abandonned this thread

6. pugilisticteen

pugilisticteen Member Full Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Hi everyone, I simply forgot about this thread, infact I have not been on this website for a few months. I literally cant believe the amount of posts on it lol and some of your comments genuinely had me laughing. I just want to clarify something which I tried to already after initially seeing the abuse I was getting when I first posted, people have misconstrued what I was trying to ask/say so badly and I dont blame them because reading back over the post, I am amazed how I managed to type that without realising how arrogant I came across, its embarassing actually haha. There is a serious issue I needed advice on, and I cant for the life of me understand why I adressed it how I did, like I was the toughest kid on the block lol I really did not mean to come across that way. Ill explain what I needed help with, and hopefully this time around it will be easier to undertsand.

I respect a lot of the answers which simply told me to "walk away" or "dont say anything, show them" and I will definitely try this, and infact I more or less have because since I posted this I have had two people make nasty comments to me for no reason, and the issues were resolved non-violently.

I stated before, for whatever reason but I guess it must be multiple reasons, I ALWAYS get people make straight disrespectful remarks or threaten me when I go out, it must be my size, the fact I am pretty quiet and polite to everybody, maybe it is because I get along with nearly everybody who gets to know me and people just see me as an easy target. When out the other day, my friend started talking to this guy, and for absolutely no reason he referred to me as "this **** over here...", before that on another night, I asked a guy who I became aquainted with "where are you going pal..." to which he responded "away from you, *****". I cant stand people like this, who insult other people for no reason, and it is simply because they believe they are above me and if push comes to shove - would beat me up. That is where their confidence comes from.

I never have this issue, with people who are informed I am a boxer beforehand, it has NEVER happened but ALWAYS happens if the person does not know, and as I stated before I am a prideful person, and despite being quiet and reserved I cant stand for people more or less bullying me, and as we all know, standing up to a drunk person or a confident person usually will escalate to them trying to fight you. So I was looking for something I can say which will repel or water down any agressiveness towards me when I stick up for myself, and the most obvious thing to me would be to inform them that if they do want to fight me, they should know I know how to fight.

What I was trying to say came across and so arrogant, and funny when reading it back. Its not what I meant, but please understand people abusing me when out and about is truely an ongoing issue which I needed advice on, and some of you gave me that, others insulted me and I can see why (I came across in a way which does not represent me at all lol) and some of you made some funny jokes, imagining myself getting KO'd midway through a "movie" line is funny AF, im humble enough to realise ofcourse many many people could rough me up, but it wont stop me from defusing violence with assholes who still abuse me. Anyway, hope I can speak to some of you, peace.

7. pugilisticteen

Dec 30, 2012
    It was funnier the first 3 times I read it lol id like to know what chocking on blood is though

8. pugilisticteen

Dec 30, 2012
    Thanks, that is sound advice and definitely true. Unless I have the ability to drop this...

"You call that a knife, this...is a Knife" *machete spawns as if inside GTA*

9. FIN

FIN Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Its one of the reasons I avoid clubs now,full of drunk dickheads looking for fights,if someone dissed you who cares,they are probably just drunk and wont even remember it the next day but if a guy is wanting to fight you,stand off and if he comes at you then sort him out,but try avoid it..

10. pugilisticteen

Dec 30, 2012
    thanks yeah I do try, but as you said, people look for fights and prey on easy targets

11. JagOfTroy

JagOfTroy Jag Full Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Saying a 'line' is equivalent to provoking a fight to be honest...

Our coach talks about this all the time cause we live in a college town with a lot of stupid kids getting drunk.

Basically, if you hit someone hard enough without gloves on and they have a seizure, your going to be brought up on charges plus your training will be used against you in court.

I don't find fighting outside of the ring to be a wise decision unless it is a last option and I'm being provoked without an alternative.. which really doesn't happen cause I carry myself with confidence and treat others with respect despite how they treat me.

12. Ryan the Lion

Ryan the Lion King of the Jungle Full Member

Dec 10, 2013
    You come across a sensitive guy Pugilisticteen, but I wonder what type of friends you keep?
    You know the saying "you are who you hang with".
    If you hang about with people who don't care about themselves then they wont care about you.
    Or if you hang about with people who do care about themselves then they will care about you to.. It's simple.

As for these people being disrespectful, forget about them they have no respect for themselves, so they wont respect you or anybody and the last thing you want to do is waste your time on people like that.. Just walk away.

You said yourself you are a boxer and what is the most important thing in boxing - protect yourself at all times and that goes for outside of the ring as well.

Stand for something! Because If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.

Draw a line and don't let anybody cross it.

Chin up and Good luck :good

13. LeeJonesJnr

LeeJonesJnr Active Member Full Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I agree with the above, minus the advice to keep your chin up ;)

14. Brand NOOBian

Brand NOOBian Member Full Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I was shadowboxing in a pretty deserted park one night last summer because I couldn't afford to go to the gym at that time. I noticed 2 younger guys watching me out of the corner of my eye but didn't think anything of it. Suddenly, one guy quietly walked around behind me while the other walked a little bit in front of me. I pretended like I didn't notice them and shifted my position to keep both of them in my peripheral vision. They just watched me for a while and went back to where they were sitting. Then one of the guys started filling up a plastic bag with rocks. I just quietly finished up the round, packed up my things, and got out of there. Maybe I was wrong and nothing would've happened had I stayed, but something just didn't feel right. And I doubt any of that would've ever happened if I had just been doing pull-ups or chin-ups or something like that.

15. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    ****. :yep

You're 100% correct, shadowboxing anywhere in public make you a lightning rod for curious attention, not all of it necessarily being negative (though some definitely will be; it marks you for a prime target, as though you were asking to butt heads with a belligerent moron even if you are minding your own business...they'll see it as you 'flexing' and challenging them...) - but certainly all distracting if not just annoying.

You made the right call bailing on that iffy scene, especially where you were isolated.