Pernell Whitaker vs Vasyl Lomachenko

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by KeedCubano, Dec 24, 2021.

Who Wins and How?

1. Whitaker KO

8.0%
  2. Loma KO

8.0%
  3. Whitaker PTS

61.6%
  4. Loma PTS

22.3%
  5. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Tito and Whitaker both weighed 155lbs in the ring when they fought each other. Way heavier than Loma who would look like Butterbean weighing 155 (Yes, I'm exaggerating to make a point). Hardly fare to match Loma up with a savage punching welterweight who wound up at 160 and fought up at 168 and is way naturally bigger than him.

Reinhardt likes this.
  2. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Whitaker is the naturally bigger man with great skills, I'd lean his way

3. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Why are you so triggered for anyway?

Regardless, nowhere does it state this is a 'PRO-BOXING' forum. It is a BOXING forum, period. As in, all aspects of boxing are included here.

Also, amateur boxing > pro boxing!

Best and real boxers do it at the most authentic stage, without there being any drama or politics involved, which is at the Olympic and amateur level. They do it for self-pride and true love of the sport. Pro boxing is basically a joke today and doesn't hold a candle to the highest level of Olympic boxing.

Lomachenko's amateur boxing record is the greatest boxing record of the past 10 centuries or so, and only someone like Alexander Karelin's Greco-Roman wrestling record is superior in all of combat sports for the past few centuries.

So not only is Lomachenko the greatest boxer, but the second or third greatest combat-sport athlete of the past few centuries.

Loma is technically better based on having shorter, crisper punches, being able to KO opponents without needing wild-swings. Whitaker's punch technique is outright embarrassing, almost Deontay Wilder level of embarrassment swinging wildly whilst horribly off-balance. His athleticism, not technique is what bails him out. This is similar to Prince Naseem Hamed, except Hamed had consisten explosive power in addition, and wasn't a powder-puff like Whitaker.

Lomachenko's punch technique is literally miles ahead of Whitaker's, it's like comparing Wladimir Klitschko's punch technique to Deontay Wilder's. Technically, they are in a totally different league.

And Lomachenko has had over 400 bouts. I can forgive him for losing a few fights here and there. Come back when Whitaker has 400 fights himself and still loses fewer times than Lomachenko. Oh I forgot, that never happened and Whitaker is no longer alive so your comparison is moot.

4. scandcb

scandcb Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2020
    WTF am I reading?

Loudon likes this.
  5. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Ali is no longer alive. Legacy tarnished.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  6. Cobi97

Cobi97 New Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2022
    I understand you’re a big Lomachenko fan but what were saying is that Lomachenko hasn’t proven it at the pro level yet, Lomachenko hasn’t been a undisputed champion in the light weight yet, hasn’t been in with guys Oscar Delahoya size, hasn’t beaten any Iconic name yet, he does have a brilliant Amateur record but so does Rigondeaux, who great but he himself doesn’t have the Resume of Pernell Whitaker. But Rigondeaux did beat an iconic name in Nonito Donaire but that’s it, he hasn’t been a undisputed light weight champion, has fought in multiple divisions and be champions in them, at least not to my knowledge. So Lomachenko has to prove it with resume.

Floyd may haven’t been a undisputed champion but he did everything else, Floyd had a different approach which more business like and science, he approached was not to be a showman and take risk, instead get the most money out of it by taking less risk as possible, I can’t knock Floyd for that because technically it’s smart and he did what works for and benefits him, Floyd knew defensively he couldn’t do what Nicolino Loche nor what Pernell Whitaker could do, instead Floyd did what he knew what he could do and how he get the ultimate prize for. So Floyd more business like than an Artist like Pernell or Nicolino. But Lomachenko has to prove it with Resume.

7. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    :facepalm:

8. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Another idiot post.

9. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    There's just no point in retorting that level of idiocy.........

Loudon, MarkusFlorez99 and Pimp C like this.
  10. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Some people think having a controvsial 'hot take' makes them edgy or intelligent. Luis if neither.

11. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    That second fight BS won't fly round these part's! Loma looked unstoppable from his 3rd fight until he lost to Teo. No way he improved that much from the 2nd to 3rd fight. He just fought the wrong fight against Salido.

12. rodxd

rodxd By Popular Demand banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2021
    LOMA on points maybe late stoppage

13. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Loma’s amateur record is superior to Pea’s pro record?

Loma can juggle?

Pea was a poor man’s Naz?

Ha!

And you wonder why you get labelled as being a troll and are regularly ridiculed?

Go and join the circus.

You’re a clown.

Boon likes this.
  14. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Nobody is triggered.

We’re just all in amazement at your horrific posts.

Come back when Whittaker has had 400 fights?

No.

You come back when Loma improves on his 16-2 record and fights and beats the calibre of opponents that Pea did.

You are an utter embarrassment to the forum.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    Boon likes this.
  15. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Or facing him in only his 2nd professional fight?

I'm not saying either way who I think would win but I could imagine many (who became) top fighters would struggle against a seasoned world champion in only their second fight
    In Pernells 2nd pro fight he was not facing someone at that high a level
    I think sometimes people need to put the situations into context