(PIC) Errol Spence Eye Surgery

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JOKER, Aug 11, 2021.

1. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Drunk drivers, but did he hurt anyone or just himself?

Pimp C likes this.
  2. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Bunch of flat earthers in here.

Toker likes this.
  3. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Here's my problem.

Pac posted a picture of himself in the hospital. Pac walked around with a sling. Pac didn't fight for a year. And the world famous sports surgeon who counts clients such as Kobe Bryant and Tom Brady not only confirmed the surgery, but performed it, and told ESPN.

Yet people still say Pac faked the injury.

Now Spence posts a single oddly angled selfie that looks like a cheap last minute Halloween costume and everyone's like, ah, I knew he was telling the truth!

:lol:

I need that statement from the LensCrafters opthalmologist!

:deal:

Forza and pacas like this.
  4. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    As I understand it ... a scratched cornea and retina issues are quite different. The retina is actually at the rear of the eyeball.

In my case I didn't really notice anything leading to it ... it just suddenly came on in the space of a couple of hours. It's starts with flashing and then black spots caused by bleeding. But the day before I had no indication of anything.

In retrospect, I did have these tiny barely perceivable very occasional flashes in my right eye at the very edge of my vision in months leading to it ... but my work often involves long stints looking at spreadsheets and working with online data, and I figured it was just eye strain.

In my many years riding motorbikes since I was a teenager I've only had one real accident and my helmet was impacted on my right side, and I have thought that this could possibly have weakened my right eye. But maybe not ... it was quite a few years beforehand.

Post surgery - I was ok but I had some minor myopic (short sighted) issues in that eye which have been corrected. But people usually need to wait a year or so before a second round of surgery can be done.

I'm not sure about Sugar Ray Leonard's vision in those later Hearns, Duran and Hagler fights. I heard an interview with him once where he discussed it but can't remember what he said. I think Shavers had a detached retina too.

sasto likes this.
  5. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    I researched it and indeed you are spot on.

Common symptoms of retinal tears include: Sudden onset of black spots or 'floaters' in your field of vision. Photopsia (flashes of light) in one or both eyes. Blurred vision.

sasto and kostya by ko like this.
  6. this_and_that

this_and_that Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    The thing is nobody in the medical community still got Spence's back. No statement. No press con. Nada.

In this day and age, how easy is it to take a photo of your medical findings and post it?
    In this day and age, how easy is it for whoever found the retinal damage to come out and freaking create hype around his name and draw in more clients?
    How about who performed the surgery?
    And especially considering you're going up against the most famous active boxer in the world, why the lack of accountability?

If you think all these are all "normal" especially after you ducked the biggest fight of your life, I kid you not you're a Spence nuthugger or a Pac hater.

Any impartial, unbiased fan of the sport will think something's not quite right.

pacas, BoxingWarrior and JOKER like this.
  7. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Dude...i have nothing against Spence. Yeah, he made a mistake. He almost paid with his life. Thank god he didn't kill someone. I'm just saying it is what it is. People jump on guys like Spence because of his scumbag behaviour a lot more. It's normal. It has nothing to do with "agenda haters". If you don't understand my messages why did you reply in the first place? I never said you should condemn Spence because of one mistake. I do not condemn him. I was just explaining the Spence trolling and mocking since he pulled out. Pimp was crying about "Agenda haters"...nothing to do with an agenda. It's the same with BJS. If Saunders wouldn't have gone all out on Dubois for quitting against Joyce nobody would troll him that hard after he called it a night against Clenelo. Same thing. People who behave like scumbags in public getting much more attention.

PIPO23 likes this.
  8. MURK20

MURK20 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2008
    You can't take these fools comments serious on this forum. Thinking about Spence and other fighters who they envy leaves them temporary crazed and all kinds of irrational thoughts comes to mind as you can see in this thread. It's hysterical.

Pimp C likes this.
  9. Sammy123

Sammy123 Money Maker Staff Member

Apr 15, 2015
    His eye got injured watching pac's training videos, they were so wide open. It decided it would rather injure itself than from a punch from Pacquiao.

We won't forget this Spence, robbing us of a career defining fight because of a training oversight, probably because you knew Pacquiao was going to beat you and trained and sparred harder than you should have and this is the result.

Unless Pac fights you six months down the road, this fight should never be made now and Pacquiao should retire after Ugas. Too bad he never got a chance to leave by beating a Spence or Crawford. Though, Crawford would have found a way to duck or age Pacquiao a little more.

pacas likes this.
  10. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Training oversight.

Teehee.

pacas likes this.
  11. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Who gives a ****? Most people here have gotten behind the wheel when they have too much to drink or high on weed or something else atleast once in their life. Quit acting like you're a saint and stop being so self-righteous. The man made a mistake and had a near fatal car wreck that was his fault and he has to deal with that. With that said to act like he's faking because of fear and ducking Pac is ridiculous and agenda driven trolling trash.

12. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    Where do you get that type of medical patch for the eye, rite aid?

13. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Nah. Abercrombie & Fitch.

pacas and sasto like this.
  14. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Let's all hope he fully recovers from that. Eye injuries are no joke.

Toker likes this.
  15. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    So You think old navy sells eye patches at 75% off just so spence can look cool?

sasto likes this.