Pick 1 fight you would watch: Tyson vs Foreman, Lewis vs Bowe, Mosley vs Trinidad, or JMM vs Morales

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Amos-san

Amos-san Member Full Member

Feb 2, 2020
    I'm torn between Mosley - Tito and Mexicans.

Heart wants first fight, brain wants second...

Quick Cash likes this.
  2. Sangria

Sangria You bleed like Mylee Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Yeah I know Tyson absolutely obliterates Foreman in there. Foreman never saw anything quite like Iron Mike Tyson. It's the reason why they never fought: Foreman calling out Tyson and then running with his tail between his legs when presented with a contract to sign. And this happened on occasions, plural.

3. sweetsci

sweetsci Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Since I'm a fan of the heavyweights, I'd like to see Bowe defend his crown against Lewis in May, or maybe November, 1993.

George Crowcroft and Sangria like this.
  4. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    I actually think Foreman would have taken the fight because that was the first supoerfight for him and he wanted the money .. luckily it didn't happen .. I remember when Foreman KO'ed Terry Anderson in the first round and was making a big deal about it and Tyson being interviewed and laughing said "Imagine if I even signed to fdifght Anderson what they'd say ... "

Sangria likes this.
  5. Sangria

Sangria You bleed like Mylee Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Yeah, when it comes down to it I believe both would've signed to fight had things panned out differently. Like if Tyson had beaten Holyfield I'm positive Foreman would've been next. Tyson-Foreman smashes pay per view records and had it happened it would still be in the Top 10 most PPV buys to this day.

6. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Which Tyson and which Foreman ?

I'd pick 1973 Foreman v 1989 Tyson.

(I tend to favour Foreman.)

7. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    All of those would be amazing. But I think I’d go for Iron Mike Vs Big George

Sangria likes this.
  8. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I think it would certainly be a great fight

cuchulain likes this.
  9. Bill Watkins Jr.

Bill Watkins Jr. Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2020
  10. Quick Cash

Quick Cash Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Those are the two for me as well. If pushed, I'd go for Tito-Mosley, even though it'd have the least historical significance out of the four. The Mexicans were two of my very favorites when they were active, but I don't believe they would, together, create the same drama Tito and Mosley would.

Amos-san likes this.
  11. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    He wouldn't have before he hooked up with Steward. Lewis would have been ko'd in 5 by 1991-1994 Bowe.

Steward-era Lewis would have eaten Bowe up...Bowe wouldn't have made it 10.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  12. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Tyson would have probably tried to bite his ear in 5. He couldn't have taken that jab and uppercut, and Foreman couldn't seem to be put down in the 90s.

13. GOAT Primo Carnera

GOAT Primo Carnera Member of the PC Fan Club Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    1. 87 Tyson vs 74 George
    2. Bowe vs Lewis
    100. 91 Tyson vs 91 Foreman (hugfest)

Sangria likes this.
  14. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Well, the fights that didn't happen which I would've wanted to see are Esparragoza vs Fenech, and a round robin of Canto, Obha, Borkhorsor and Chionoi. Those are more enticing to me than the four mentioned in the OP. However, the order of which I'd wanna see the aforementioned are:

This content is protected

This would end up either a war or a tactical affair. Either way, I'd wanna see it. And it's likely that it would a closely contested SD with a controversial result, so you'd end up with a rematch/trilogy.

It would've been an amazing fight, and if it happens in early-mid '93, then I think Bowe maintains his condition like he did vs Holyfield. He'd certainly be motivated. I tend to think that Bowe should be favoured, but Lewis' aggression and power at that time could spring the upset. It'd be great to see the fight and the result.

Who wouldn't wanna see these two go at it? I just prefer the other two.

If this happens in the 90s, I don't think it'd be entertaining. It'd be very one-sided in favour of Tyson, or it'd be a low-output hugfest. Early 90s Tyson delivers a prolonged beating on Foreman, and in the late 90s these two would just not throw many punches.

Sangria and Big Ukrainian like this.
  15. ChrisJS

ChrisJS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Between Trinidad-Mosley and Marquez-Morales. Oddly, the years when Marquez-Morales was hot would have been more tactical than what people imagine. I think Marquez counters his way to a clear decision. Morales a bit slower than Marquez and timing wouldn’t be in his favor as Marquez had better timing than him too. Trinidad-Mosley would be a great fight because Mosley doesn’t really know how to stick and move or isn’t smart enough to fight a disciplined fight. Only concern would be if he started holding too much as he tended to do when he was getting beaten up. My guess is Tito has the strength to prevent that so it would be a fun fight most of the way.

Sangria likes this.