Pick 1 fight you would watch: Tyson vs Foreman, Lewis vs Bowe, Mosley vs Trinidad, or JMM vs Morales

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Aug 26, 2020.

1. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    JMM beat Morales in my no.1
    Bowe knocking Lewis out is no.2

Jel and Sangria like this.
  2. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Can we get Lewis Bowe but with an older Lennox commentating on it? The Lewis who commented on the Fury Wilder rematch is just special.

This content is protected

3. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

Yeah sure

robert ungurean likes this.
  4. Sangria

Sangria You bleed like Mylee Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Thank you. I'm absolutely sure of it as well.

5. Sangria

Nov 13, 2010
    I'd go with Norris-Trinidad, Camacho-Paez and DeLaHoya-Tszyu myself, but woo wee Fenech-Esparragoza is a cracking azz fight!! Good call.

How close were Fenech and Esparragoza to fighting? I have the KO magazine where they were pitted in the HEAD-2-HEAD section. Maybe I'll need to rummage through my magazines to find it. I know Esparragoza was ranked in the Top 5 Pound-4-Pound in The Ring with Fenech not quite established in America yet.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  6. Sangria

Nov 13, 2010
    I can remember being very disappointed with the way Mosley "dogged" it. That might be a little harsh but he didn't quite show me enough in certain fights, especially rematches. I couldn't agree more with your claiming his lack of discipline was detrimental.

Tito was backing DeLaHoya up for most of their fight and DeLaHoya was backing Mosley up for most of their first fight. I think someone like Ike Quartey would handle Tito better than Mosley would. Terry Norris as well. Good Lord there were some potential barnburner ATG firefights we missed out on!!

Tito-Sugar Shane would be a tremendous fight nonetheless.

7. JWSoats

JWSoats Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2011
    All great matches, but Tyson-Foreman for me. 1990 George showed that he still had the big punch against Cooney, and he went the limit in a competitive bout with Holyfield. He carried power into the later rounds as he demonstrated later against Moorer when he KOd him after losing all the way previous to the KO. Tyson would have the edge in speed and he would probably enter the ring the betting favorite. This fight might come down to an intangible, such as heart, or who wanted it the most. In that regard, Big George has the edge. Strangely, if we're talking '70s George against prime Tyson, the longer the fight goes the better Tyson's chances, but for '90s George, I believe a longer fight favors Foreman. I would pick early 90s Foreman against the Tyson of the same time, and certainly would pick mid-90s George over mid-90s Tyson.

8. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I would want to see Tony Ayala Jr. vs Roberto Duran

Sangria, Jel and CharlesBurley like this.
  9. CharlesBurley

CharlesBurley Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2020
    1. Lennox-Bowe - one of the most disapointing number 1 and 2 not facing off. Would of been huge. Emanual Steward said he asked Eddie Futch why they didn't fight. Eddie apparently said he thought Lennox was too big and strong and would hurt his fighter.

2. JMM - Morales - Marquez outboxes Morales, far better all round technical boxer. Arum actually kept Morales away from Marquez

3 Mosley - Trinidad - I'll go with Trinidad here, straighter punches get there first. But you never know.

But, how about:

Robinson-Burley

McCallum - Fab 4

Nunn-Eubank

Vitali - Povetkin

10. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    I don't think Ayala would have done well against a focussed Duran.

ETM likes this.
  11. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Marquez-Morales just to complete the circle (or square, I suppose). That's nearly as good as it gets for me.

Bowe-Lewis a very close second.

12. robert ungurean

Jun 9, 2007
    No way in hell Eddie said that. Hes on record saying Bowe had the potential of being one of the greatest HWC of all time.

Sangria likes this.
  13. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    This content is protected

They talk about Bowe around the 35 minute mark.

CharlesBurley likes this.
  14. CharlesBurley

CharlesBurley Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2020
    That's what Emanual Steward said my friend

15. robert ungurean

Jun 9, 2007
    That may be what Emanuel said and trust me I respect Manny but I dont believe Futch said that not at all.

Sangria likes this.