Pick 1 fight you would watch: Tyson vs Foreman, Lewis vs Bowe, Mosley vs Trinidad, or JMM vs Morales

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Aug 26, 2020.

1. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I agree. It would have been entertaining though. Ayala could fight but his style would have cost him. Duran would have picked him apart.

2. CharlesBurley

CharlesBurley Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Fair enough Robbo, the forums for sharing info and learning. At least we can agree on Marquez beating Morales though ;)

3. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
  4. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    Sugar Shane Mosely vs Felix Tito Trinidad, when both were prime 147 lb champions.

ETM and Sangria like this.
  5. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    I picked Morales-JMM before and Lewis-Bowe a close second. I’d probably switch that now. Morales-JMM isn’t really a significant gap in either fighter’s legacy, whereas the winner of Bowe-Lewis would have cemented a place for himself in heavyweight history then and there.

Sangria and Richard M Murrieta like this.
  6. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    At the time, this was a fight I was really interested in because they were both unbeaten champs at 147 and 154 respectively but now I think Tito would have had too much for Mosley.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  7. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    I think that Tito's height, pin point accuracy with his right hand would have made the difference against the speedier Sugar Shane.

Jel likes this.
  8. Sangria

Sangria You bleed like Mylee Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Just wanted to add something. How about the holy grail of round robins with the stacked middleweights of the late 80's and early 90's?

Pick and choose any match up you like from these guys: Michael Nunn, Mike McCallum, Julian Jackson, Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank, Iran Barkley, James Toney, Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, Gerald McClellan, Reggie Johnson, Lamar Parks, Sumbu Kalambay, Michael Watson, Herol Graham, John David Jackson and add Terry Norris to the mix.

Jel and Richard M Murrieta like this.
  9. Bigcheese

Bigcheese Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Lewis vs Bowe is my all time fantasy fight that actually could have happened

10. wutang

wutang Active Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2012
    I'm probably in the minority, but I always wanted to see Trinidad Mosley. Morales JMM would be a close second - I was never much for the heavies.

PhillyPhan69 likes this.
  11. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Those are all good fights buy Lewis/Bowe would have been an event. The perfect heavyweight fight had it happened when it was supposed to.

12. ikrasevic

ikrasevic For the honorable cross and the golden freedom Full Member

Nov 3, 2021
    Lewis vs Bowe.
    The most interesting heavyweight fight of the 90s did not happen.
    After the 90s, and after Lewis came the era of the Klitschko brothers, when we knew we would never see a Wlad Vs Vitali fight.
    After the era of the Klitschko brothers, boxing fans were put in a situation where they did not watch fights:
    - AJ Vs Wilder (for the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world)
    - Fury Vs AJ
    - Fury Vs Usyk...
    I think that as time goes on (90s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s) things get worse in terms of not having top fights.
    Such a thing was unimaginable in the 70s.

djanders likes this.