Pick A MW To Beat Bob Foster

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by McGrain, Jun 17, 2007.

1. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Probably he was to good; and you are right to say Tiger had plenty left (incredibley - that man was ahead of his time as far as his longevity was concerned). But Dick's head was not in the game. The civil war in his country was well under way and Dick was heavily, heavily involved in the politics of the side of the receiving end of a genocide. His people were being slaughtered while he tried to train, his businesses and home being "repossesed" by the state. Even boxing writers of the time speculated about his commitement, previously unheard of.

The version that Foster beat was worse than the version Griffith out-pointed the second time, I think that's clear.

2. Luigi1985

Luigi1985 Cane Corso Full Member

Feb 23, 2006
    Carlos Monzon
    Stanley Ketchel
    Roy Jones Jr.
    Bob Fitzsimmons

3. Minotauro

Minotauro Boxing Addict Full Member

May 22, 2007
    Burley, he had a great chin, speed and defence enough to possibly box his way to a decision but Foster would still be favourite.

4. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007

I really like this shout and i want to agree.

However, I think Burley was too small.

Although he may have grown into it if he hadn't be forced into an early retirement.

5. AREA 53

AREA 53 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 10, 2006
    How About Micky Walker ?

6. Minotauro

Minotauro Boxing Addict Full Member

May 22, 2007
    I was just gonna mention him I think he'd have a decent chance. He beat McTigue and drew with Jack Sharkey who were a lot bigger then Fosters so size shouldn't be a huge deal.

7. Titan1

Titan1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Greb, only Greb and that's debatable.

8. C. M. Clay II

C. M. Clay II Manassah's finest! Full Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Well, Foster always hd trouble with busy fighter who had lost of stamina and didn't let him get set to set up his power punches (aka Joe Frazier). Marvin Hagler and Harry Greb would fit that description the best I think, and if I had to choose, I would say Hagler.:good

9. Street Lethal

Street Lethal Active Member Full Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Bob Foster was a freak of nature and this makes it hard for anybody capable of making 160 pounds standing much of a chance against the man.