Picture of Sonny Liston and Rocky Marciano

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by The Undefeated Lachbuster, Apr 14, 2019.

1. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I'd agree with picking him over anyone before Ali. Hell, I'd only pick Holmes and Foreman after Ali.

swagdelfadeel and Reinhardt like this.
  2. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Sadly yes.

RockyJim likes this.
  3. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

Aww where to start? forget it ,I'm sure after he ko's Liston he'd take apart Foreman and Ali

mcvey likes this.
  4. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

This is an objective opinion,,,,instead of the Marciano the man,the myth,the legend , ...….the nonsense

5. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    1.Ali was feather fisted, yet he stopped 37 men for a 60.66ko%?
    2.Ali stopped a past prime Williams coming back from a near death gunshot wound.
    3.Satterfield was 30 years old not an old fighter at all.
    4.Whitehurst was knocked clean out of the ring by Liston in their second fight,he was trying to get back in when the final bell rang saving him from a ko.
    5.Liston stopped Besmanoff in6 rds.
    6.Besmanoff went 10rds with Moore
    What you don't know about boxing would fill up the Atlantic Ocean!
    Posters are correcting your mistakes everyday here, yet you never admit or acknowledge them.
    In my time here I have learned a lot about the sport from posters who have particular areas of expertise.
    As for you ? If you remain here for another 10 years you'll be just as ignorant about boxing as you are now,because you have neither the capacity to learn from those who know more than you [hardly difficult,] or the common courtesy to admit you are wrong ,you're like a clone of Rasta Gooly another poster who cannot accept he is ever wrong.

BlackCloud and swagdelfadeel like this.
  6. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    1.Marciano was two and a half inches shorter than Liston.
    2. He never fought as heavy as 190lbs in a title fight.
    3. Liston was beaten by split decision by Marshall when he sustained a broken jaw having his 8th fight against the 19-6-2 Marshall Liston was still green .
    4.Marciano's 8th fight was against the abysmal Bill Hardeman
    1-4-0.Hardeman was have one more fight, lose that and retire.
    4. Liston was stopped by Martin when he was an old man.
    5.Marciano was dropped by a 39/40years old light heavyweight and a 38 years old Walcott
    6. Marciano's chin is untested against power punching big heavyweights of any class.
    7.Louis was 37 years old and past it.
    8.Louis cut Marciano and caused swellings around his eyes.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    BlackCloud likes this.
  7. SerbianLoudmouth

SerbianLoudmouth Overhand right-Suzie Q Full Member

May 3, 2019
    1.Ali was feather fisted by George Foreman and he used to wore people down not knock them out except glass jaws like Williams!Old Archie Moore went more rounds than Williams says alot!Ali is feather fisted but sharp puncher!
    2.Williams was so past prime but he before Ali after shooting beat Sonny Moore,Sonny Banks and green Terell so he was not that past prime and Ali would beat him and that was green not yet prime Ali!
    3.Satterfield was washed from fights and before Williams had 10 losses and he was a lhw for god sake!
    4.Yes he was knocked in second fight when he was washed but even then old Archie and Chuvalo did better!
    5.Liston stoped Besmanoff in second bout first went decision so did Archie to him!
    6.You are ******* who like to jerk and tall black fighters probably make you horny and you defend them hating all white fighters!

Brockton Rock likes this.
  8. SerbianLoudmouth

May 3, 2019
    1.Marciano is only inch and a half shorter which you could see in their picture!
    2.Yes he fought as
    193lbs in one title fight!
    3.Marshall was bum,afterwork fighter,washed and very old at that time with feather fists and bad record and still menaged to beat "green" Liston(He was green allways when he loss or he was old which are allways your excuses)
    4.Yes but Marciano won again man his age by Ko he didn't lost like Liston against bum and old fighter!
    5.That old Moore later fought Ali and beat Besmanoff and that Wallcott beat Louis!He was drooped by them but he didn't quit like Liston but he fought and won!And they are quick and fast with slick boxing skills which are made Liston quit!Liston was not only defeated by LHW but that feather fisted man broke his jaw and beat him!Marciano was dropped by one of the best LHW!
    6.What about Louis???He was big and strong man and what about Rex Layne?
    7.Yeah he was so past that he came after 10 wins all by KO!
    8.Well I didn't see that because Louis was man who was knocked!Marciano was cut but did he loss or quit?Nope!He knocked Louos threw ropes and I didn't see him having problems woth Louis!If Louis cut him why he was knocked threw the ropes?
    Wanna continue?

choklab and Brockton Rock like this.
  9. SerbianLoudmouth

May 3, 2019
    Maybe not but he would not quit like Liston did!

RockyJim likes this.
  10. Brockton Rock

Brockton Rock Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2020
    I can see Liston cowering in his corner end of round 3 or so, wanting to quit because he had no heart, but his corner forcing him back out, Liston would then want to take a dive to prevent further punishment however Rock gets to him first with a devastating flurry of punches showcasing his ko power in both hands. Liston is done all ends up and Marciano ends his career.

RockyJim likes this.
  11. BlackCloud

BlackCloud I detest the daily heavyweight threads Full Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Rocky Marciano......if he was a Norwegian Mormon you wouldn't even hear his name mentioned.

Sadly he is all some people have to worship.

Sad.

Reinhardt and JC40 like this.
  12. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Williams beat Terrell in1963, 3 years before he fought Ali.
    Williams was out of the ring from1964 until 1966 recovering form a 367magnum buillet inthstomach
    Williams beat Terrell in1963 3 years BEFORE he fought Ali.
    Williams was shot in the stomach at point black range by a 357magnum it is a miracle he survived he came back after two years of hospilatization and rehab he was never the same and never a ranked fighter again.
    "Williams underwent nearly six hours of surgery that involved removal of a small section of intestine. "I died three times on that operating table," Williams said.

"I've never seen a man with such a constitution," Dr. D.L. Bricker said after the surgery. "He lost enough blood to kill a half-dozen men."

"Doctors told me they had never seen such muscles on a human being," said Hugh Benbow. "Anyone else, they said, would have been killed by the shot."

Perry Payne, Williams's trainer, was with the boxer when he regained consciousness. He said Williams asked, "Is the old man [Benbow] mad at me?"

Williams underwent four operations over the next seven months for colon damage and an injured right kidney, which was removed in June 1965. Doctors did not take out the bullet, which had broken his right hip joint and caused partial paralysis of some hip muscles.

Williams lost almost 60 pounds off his 220-pound frame, but he regained strength by tossing 80-pound hay bales on a cattle ranch in Yoakum, Texas, owned by Hugh Benbow.

"It is a miracle that he is not in braces," his surgeon, Dr. Don Quast, said two years later. "
    The Ali that beat Williams is, by general concensus the best version ever! Satterfield 30 years old fought for another 3 years and managed some notable wins including over Valdes.
    Liston only fought Besmanoff ONCE.
    Your ignorance of boxing is really quite astounding! I wont dignify your childish insults with a comment.
    You are a running joke here fella!

Reinhardt, JC40 and Glass City Cobra like this.
  13. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    If he was black he would be a back number today!

JC40 and BlackCloud like this.
  14. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Marciano was 5'101/2" iston6#1" -2 1/2"
    1.Marciano was 5'101/2" Liston6''1"= 2 1/2"difference
    2. Marciano's weight in title fights was as follows.
    Walcott 1st fight 184 1/2lbs
    Walcott 2nd fight 184 1/2lbs
    Lastarza 2nd fight 185lbs
    Charles 1st fight 187lbs
    Charles 2nd fight 187lbs
    Cokkell 189lbs
    Moore 188,1.4lbs

JC40, swagdelfadeel and BlackCloud like this.
  15. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    1.Marciano was 5'101/2" Liston6'1" =2 1/2"
    2.Marciano's weights for his title fight were as follows
    Walcott 1.184 1/2lbs
    Walcott 2. 184 1/2lbs
    Lastarza185lbs
    Charles 1.187 1/2lbs
    Charles 2.187 1.2lbs
    Cokkell 189lbs
    Moore 188 1.4lbs

3.Marshall was just 30 years old when he beat Liston.
    4.Walcott did not beat Louis
    5.Louis was a 37 washed up fighter when he lost to Marciano fighting because he was bankrupt.
    6.Layne was not a big skilled heavyweight.He was 6'1" 193lbs, a small cruiser
    7..Louis cut and bruised Marciano and he did it with just his jab.
    That's all your points exposed and corrected.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020