Poll - Pacquiao vs Ugas - Who Win, How ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by titanic, Aug 18, 2021.

Your Pick - Pacquiao vs Ugas - Your Pick and Bold Prediction ?

1. Pacquiao KO/TKO

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. Pacquiao UD/SD/MD

39 vote(s)
    61.9%
  3. DRAW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. UGAS KO/TKO

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Ugas UD/SD/MD

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  6. No Contest / Someone gets DQ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Pac 117-111 type score.

What Pac need to be careful is the bodyshots on the inside. Pac, being the much shorter fighter has to jump inside and throw his combinations, this leaves him open to the body where Ugas might take a couple of hits to the face to land his left and right hook to the body.

Pac is also not a fan of guarding his body, he has a high guard, he usually protects his body by getting out of range.

On the flip side, I can see Ugas attempting that those bodyshots which leaves him open upstairs, perhaps to the right hook followed with a combination that may hurt him. I can also see Pac's overhand left being effective as he goes inside, goes low to protect his body, Ugas goes to the body leaving his head open and Pac throws that overhand left like he did vs Horn and Bradley, a lot.

If Pac hurts him, I think he stops him, Ugas doesn't look like he has the best reaction to being hurt based on the Ramos fight.

I think it'll be a tactical fight where Pac uses range and scores points in and out, but I wouldn't rule out a KO if he does hurt him.

2. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Lets get it ON !!

This content is protected

3. JabbaTheGut

JabbaTheGut Active Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2019
    Ugas by close decision

4. Shay Sonya

Shay Sonya The REAL Wonder Woman! Full Member

Aug 15, 2021
    Manny Pacquiao's age does not bother me as much as the layoff. 42 is not that old. Without the layoff I would pick Pacquiao to easily beat Ugas. He is faster, better, and more experienced. Since there really is no way for me to predict how much of a factor the layoff will be I am going with Manny Pacquiao by decision.

5. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Pacquiao should retire win or lose. Before he gets seriously hurt. It's time to hang em up. That's it it's young man's sport. Farewell fight maybe in the Phil Islands then call it a day.

djanders and titanic like this.
  6. Ivan28

Ivan28 Active Member Full Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Me prediction - Pacquiao win two score cards 116:112 and one 117:111.

7. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Ugas should win on points but would not be surprised if Manny got a sentimental decision

8. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    I predict a great RUMBLE fight !!!:headbash
    Manny wins:campeon:

9. Shay Sonya

Shay Sonya The REAL Wonder Woman! Full Member

Aug 15, 2021
    Quoting Myself:
    Well. That prediction went well. Great job, Shay! GRRRR! :sconf: :enamorado: :risas3:

Thank you, Manny Pacquiao! I really enjoyed your fights. I loved them in fact! That loss was no disgrace to end your career on! I don't want to see you in the ring again. Onward to other things! Live a long life with more successes in your political career!

Fergy likes this.