Poll: Pernell Whitaker vs Manny Pacquiao?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BetterThenYou, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Exactly! It's easy to see. People are horribly underrating pea thinking that because pac came up through so many weights he would beat light punching pea. It doesn't work like that when you're in with a master. What they fail to realize is that a prime pea is pbf level possibly even higher.:deal:

lufcrazy likes this.
  2. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Definitely higher level than pbf.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  3. JL Fighter

JL Fighter Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Pac ducked Paulie in 2009. Sweat Pea >> Paulie.

4. BoxingIntegrity119715

BoxingIntegrity119715 Super Full Member

Dec 24, 2019
    Whittaker lost to Trinidad becauase he could not handle Trinidad's accuracy and power punches and not the other way around. To say that he lost to Trinidad because he was out of his prime is just a fan boy excuses.

Pacquiao wins against Cotto and Dela Hoya were definitely more impressive than Floyd's win against Dela Hoya and Cotto. You need to learn how to identify whose win is more imprssive. Even a grade school student knows which win is more impressive. You claim to be an expert but it seems like you dont know how to indentify which win is more impressive.

Pac jumped two divisions just to fight the giant De la Hoya and almost everyone believed that Pacquiao has no chance and i think you believe also that Pac has no chance... Now when Pac made dDela Hoya quit you descredit Pac with your excuses. Do i need to tell you how hard to skip two weight divisions? Regondeaux has an exceptional fast hand speed, punching power, abilities, and defensive elusiveness but looked average and quit on his stool when he jumped two weight classes to fight Lomachencko.

You are really Floyd fanboy... and you still considered Floyd's win over Maquez was such as an impressive. I think you dd not know that Floyd dragged Marquez at a catchweight of 144. Marquez that time had never fought beyond 135 lbs. Floyd was still not satisfied to take advantage, he weighted 146 and paid $300000 penalty. Only a bias fanboy appreciates with such an opportunistic move of Floyd. His win over Marquez was not impressive as he did not fought Marquez fair and square. That is why up to now he does not get the respect for his win. Full stop. lol

Zhuge Liang likes this.
  5. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    This is one of the worst posts I've read this year.

Pimp C and Bujia like this.
  6. BoxingIntegrity119715

Dec 24, 2019
    I know Pac is 2 - 1-1 against Marquez where in fact it should be 3-1 if one of the judges did not rob Pac on their meeting
    Whittaker lost to Dela Hoya in a closed fight... To say that Whittaker would have schooled Cotto is doubtful. Whittaker had a hard time handling accurate and hard puncher and physically bigger opponent.
    Pacquio speed, awkward movement and workrate can trouble Trinindad.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  7. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Wtf! Marquez outboxed Pacquiao. I only gave Pac 1 win. He lost 2 and draw one. I am Pac supporter. Stop with the nonsense. Troof is Marquez had Packitos number.

8. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I got the Whitaker that took on JCC. I was blown away how he stood in the trenches as opposed to being mobile. To be fair though he did land a few lowblows, not sure if it was intentional. But the wild Pac used to run in head first!
    Not sure where he was at the fight before DLH, because he was off against Hurtado who boxed his ears off, only to savage the win by fighting. Damn the dipsy-do, he beat that ass!

And I agree with @Pimp C By the time he faced Tito, that was 15 years into his career?

Side note Pimp: I met him around 2011 IBHOF- was told he didnt like taking pictures, but i drank at the time-had liquid courage. Joked about his dipsy-do & being the same generation, Bobby Brown Bell Biv Devoe...give a bruh a photo.o_O
    If I can explain- we were face to face. Then he smiled like OK...before I knew it... I WAS STANDING NEXT TO HIM.:eeek:

OH YEAH! HE SPUN ME!!!!!!!!! 'Grabbed me by my waist. I was like dayum!! I'm 6'0 190lbs...how'd he do that?:eek: :bump I rarely show the photo cause I'm cheesin' smiling like a girl with Prince!!
    It really was my reaction and the dude who snapped it is a professional photographer Erik Killin boxing photos.

Pimp C and lufcrazy like this.
  9. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    @ 135 I would take Pac but at WW I lean towards Pernell.

10. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Sweat Pea schools him.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  11. Bujia

Bujia Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2020
    Why are you guys wasting your time with this boxingintegrity dude? Let him live in his own little world.

Pimp C likes this.
  12. Grinder

Grinder Dude, don't call me Dude Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Pac was a lot faster than the likes of JCC who Sweet Pea dominated. Even if Pac lands Pernell has a solid chin. Tough call, whether Pac's constant attack is enough to win over the counterpunching Whittaker.

Pac may win on apparent punches landed but a close analysis may show Sweet Pea outlanded him.

13. Anima

Anima Kinetic Link Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Pacquiao wins, he wins the same way Dela Hoya did just a lot better.

14. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Dafuq

Pimp C likes this.
  15. BoxingIntegrity119715

Dec 24, 2019
    Whittaker signature wins were against Azuma Nelson, Mcgirt and Luis Ramirez all by UD.I doubt if they could last to 12 rounds against prime Pac

Whittaker lost top level opposition...
    He lost to De la Hoya in a closed fight.
    He was outclassed by Trinidad and had a mojority draw against a JCC who was later lost to Dela Hoya twice that Pac beat and lost to a journeyman Frankie Randall in his prime

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020