Poll: Pernell Whitaker vs Manny Pacquiao?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BetterThenYou, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Pac couldn't even annihilate a prime jmm log off.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  2. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Too many excuses and not enough knowledge about boxing or pea whitaker. Your post is so ridiculous and ignorant it's not even worthy of a real response. I must keep reminding myself that you're a casual and the same person who scored pbf-pac for pac and said the whole world scored the fight for pac.

3. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    He clearly lost to Tito and Oscar. Period. The other fights he had are not as good whom Pacman fought in his prime.
    His KO rate for none-Pacman level rated boxers are low so how can he KO Pac? You should be able to follow this.
    Pea hits harder than Floyd ? That's very laughable LOLOL
    And there is always a first time - Only a Prime Pacquaio can annihilate a prime Whitaker. This is hard to argue when we are talking Prime Pacquiao - I can laugh myself at your disagreement.

I do agree with a lot of your other posts Goerge but not this time, sorry.

Bottom line , I can look at your opinion in just the same as you look at mine.
    I can laugh at yours too.
    Have a nice evening.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  4. SquaredCircle

SquaredCircle Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    What the fuck is this?

Pimp C and George Crowcroft like this.
  5. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Fair enough. Agree to disagree.

6. Bujia

Bujia Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2020
    :risas3:

Pimp C likes this.
  7. Bujia

Bujia Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2020
    So we've got two certified Filipinos on this forum.

8. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Sure George.
    We give each other's opinion without disrespect.
    :beer-toast1:

9. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    I guess you have a point. But everyone and their momma knew Canelo wasn't even close to ready then. Floyd saw the opportunity, took it.

10. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The comical part is thinking Canelo hasn't improved. :lol:

11. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Revisionist history at its finest.. Canelo called him out and I remember back then here people said he would duck Canelo because he was young and pbf only fought old fighters. I think canelo saw a old faded smaller pbf thought he was past it and thought he would be ripe for the picking. Canelo saw this as an opportunity not the other way around, pbf never mentioned canelo.

12. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    No Sir Whittaker is probably the finest pure boxer there has ever been alongside the likes of Charley Burley, SRR, Ali and Floyd. His fundamentals were excellent which would spell trouble for Pacquiao. Age has nothing to do with this. I think the premise was each fighter at their peak.

Pimp C likes this.
  13. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    What am i revising Pimp? That Canelo wasn't just a 23yo? Doesn't matter who called out who. You know call outs mean jack. Floyd was called out my a lot of fighters, you didn't defend their call out then.

I can't begrudge Canelo for taking it. Was a HUGE fight. But it was still just a 23yo fighting the guy you say is the best of his era.

14. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    I really don't understand that statement. No I take that back, i DO understand. Pimp doesn't want to acknowledge canelo's improvement. because he'll think that means ALL people now think canelo would win. It's like a preemptive strike he's trying to make on Canelo.

15. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Before the fight happened pbf was criticized for not fighting young fighters only older ones. It also was posted here that he was going to duck canelo. But when he fights and beats canelo it wasn't a good win because canelo was green and drained.

A guy who was 36 past his prime and seen as ripe for the picking by the next big thing in canelo. Like I said earlier this was supposed to be a passing of the torch fight like we've seen traditionally in boxing and usually the older fighter loses to the younger fighter.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Olu G. Rotimi likes this.