POLL - Spence vs Garcia , your Pick n Predict !

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by titanic, Nov 21, 2020.

A Close fight, a Wide UD or one sided TKO to who's favor ?

Poll closed Dec 5, 2020.
  1. Garcia Decision

9 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Garcia TKO/KO

27 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. DRAW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Spence Decision

81 vote(s)
    63.8%
  5. Spence TKO/KO

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. No Contest / DQ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I'll go with Spence by decision but I wouldn't bet on this fight. After I saw Spence's pic in the hospital, I'm not sure he'll the same.

drenlou and The Real Lance like this.
  2. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    If Spence is the same fighter I'm expecting a competitive fight, but Spence wins a decision.

Garcia is a counter puncher and he'll have opportunities to counter with Spence pressuring him behind that jab, but I think you need to back Spence up to beat him we saw Brook and Porter have success when forcing him backwards.

3. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    My sentiments as well. If Spences struggles, even with a win, we can safely assume the accident might have done more than we all thought.

4. Caliboxing

Caliboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Where is that power that Garcia supposedly has at 147? His power was more at the lower divisions, and he's going to run into the same issues that Mikey Garcia had. Big reach and speed disadvantages, and although a great counter puncher, he works at a slow pace, low output and doesn't have great head movement or foot speed to step out of range. He'll be mid range and will get clocked all night.

Spence stays low, is very well balanced and will be unpredictable with his punches, being tough for a counter puncher to predict what he's going to do. Danny is the perfect style for Spence to look good against. I expect Garcia to have his moments but Spence being well grounded and keeping a high guard, I don't see being too affected.

Spence by clear UD. We'll see how good Garcia's chin and body punch resistance really are, and Spence would be the biggest puncher he's faced. With Spence's ability to pressure and destroy your body, and take his volume of punches late into fights, that a completely different threat you have to deal with, accumulation of damage.

5. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Let's get Ready to Rumble !!!:ARMS1:

CST80 likes this.
  6. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    To be 100% honest.

I have no clue.

7. ILikeBoxingForRealz

ILikeBoxingForRealz Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Lol so Dubois didnt get me back on the winning track. But I'm goin Spence. By stoppage. Round 10. In a banger of a fight. Spence's body shots will do Danny in late

8. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Well see how Spence reacts to punches from garcia. I think danny will knock some of his teeth out and put him on the seat of his pants. I doubt hes the?same fighter after the accident. But hey well see. But you do realize spence was ejected from his car......right?

9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Thurman says Danny hits harder than anyone he's shared the ring with.
    This content is protected

titanic likes this.
  10. Caliboxing

Caliboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Yea, he said he landed on the concrete too. He also said he had muscle and hip pain for a while. If he could go through the tough training camp though, he can fight. He did sparring, etc, and got ready. The skills are not going to disappear because of that. If you can survive something like that then I don't see you folding in the fight.

11. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    There is obviously a path for Danny here. People saying Spence will be okay after his car accident are just naive. He took a beating. A car crash like that is like a major beatdown in a boxing ring and taking 200 punches (or more) to the head. Danny is a sharp counter puncher with much more power than Porter and Mikey so he's probably the best package Spence has ever fought considering Porter isn't really a counter puncher and Mikey is just too small and too featherfisted at 147. Danny has very good timing and knows how to counter off the backfoot.

Nevertheless i'm not super confident here. Danny isn't that great in winning rounds. The reason why he lost to Thurman and Porter. Porter and Thurman were different stylistic matchups, sure, but Danny overall is just not really reliable over a 12 round fight. He usually fights one half cold and one half hot. I doubt this will be enough against Spence in Texas.

I'm going with Spence via Majority Decision because i think the fight will be close. Can see a UD as well. If somebody wins by KO it's Garcia imo and this is path here. He needs to land those big counter hooks and watch how Spence reacts. If Spence won't blink, it'll be a tough night for Danny i think.

12. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    His chin could be made of glass now. I think Danny will put him on his butt, i hope im wrong about spence but this could be the end.

Bad Boy Bill likes this.
  13. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    After the car accident I wonder how Spence is, very hard 2 say,before the car accident i'd have gone with Spence 100%.
    Trying to make my mind up on this fight tonight, but I keep going back forth.

14. SpeedKills

SpeedKills Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2009
    You can’t cross someone out like that after a layoff. Rust is a real thing. Spence will have been kept out of the gym for awhile due to his recovery. Rust should be expected, especially if he’s not getting world level (as Garcia is) quality sparring.

You will get rusty on anything after being away awhile. You can go into practice mode all you want in Tekken, still gonna find it difficult to implement the first few matches online. I’m expecting rust to be more of a factor than the accident. Garcia fought this year and has stayed in the gym.

The Real Lance likes this.
  15. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    All I hope is that Spence is fully recovered from his horrific accident & is not taking this fight far too early. After the beating that crash gave him he needs to be 100% So does Garcia too
    I hope its a good fight with the legitimate better man getting the win he deserves whichever it is. Hope both fighter s come through with no lasting effects. May the Best Man Win

sid likes this.