Popular fighters that you find boring

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Bronze Tiger, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Bye for now! banned Full Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Masterful boxer- poetry in motion and insomnia curing in practice.

2. Kamikaze

Oct 12, 2020
    Interesting- Watching him made me start boxing.

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  3. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I do find Muhammad Ali a little boring. Kind of sickened myself of him as a kid I think - read all the books, watched all the fights, over and over and over again and there are so many of him. Then you get really, really into guys like Langford, Greb, even Armstrong and Joe Gans and you realise they're even more accomplished than Muhammad but they just get a hundredth of the attention, less than that...it's just kind of hard to get a kick out of someone so overexposed.

Absolutely nothing to do with him, all about me as a younger guy obsessing about him. I'm just not that interested any more. Still rate him very high p4p, still rate him number one at heavy, but sick of talking about and looking at him.

4. Boxing GOAT

Boxing GOAT Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2020
    Mayweather
    Hopkins
    Ward
    Wright
    Lara
    Wladimir Klitschko

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  5. HolDat

HolDat Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Benitez
    Monzon

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  6. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Wlad and Lewis except when they got knocked out and Lewis-Mercer.

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  7. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    This.

Watching him lay on the ropes, make the other guy miss then counter was exciting.

His fights with Leonard and Hearns were kind of boring as hey didn't fall for his trap but at the same time had trouble hitting him.

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  8. 88Chris05

88Chris05 Active Member Full Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Ricky Hatton. He was huge business for a few years and easily the biggest name in the British game for a long while. But the whole myth about him being wildly exciting, standing and having it with anybody etc. never really sat well with me. A lot of his fights were quite scrappy, ugly affairs marred by a huge amount of holding and fouling. All well and good being an aggressive fighter but when that consists of never jabbing, leaping face-first into shots and relying on lenient referees to turn a blind eye to you man handling an opponent, it gets a bit dull after a while.

Bronze Tiger and ChrisJS like this.
  9. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Ward and Wright were awful to watch.

Bronze Tiger, ChrisJS and Kamikaze like this.
  10. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    How the hell can you find Chavez boring?

Kamikaze and Showstopper97 like this.
  11. Kamikaze

Oct 12, 2020
    The Tszyu fight was filthy and absolutely boring. It could easily have been fight of the year if Hatton came to actually box.

Bronze Tiger, Clinton and ChrisJS like this.
  12. Kamikaze

Oct 12, 2020
    Manhandled is the wrong word it was quite close which says a bit about Lewis as Vander was an old man after the second fight look who went on to beat him more convincingly- See Rummys wonderful video on Bowe and Lewis I have never seen Bowe afraid of Lewis in the entirety of my life I’d like to see film of that.

Briggs was a caveman who lost to a 48-49 year old odd Foreman and still nearly shattered Lewis in there little war before being stopped.

The rest I however agree with, nothing weak about any fighter from any country what is weak is insulting them from behind a keyboard with a patriotic agenda.

13. ChrisJS

ChrisJS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Agree with you. Hatton was a person you could root for and a nice guy but his fights were a choir. Really ugly and harsh on the eyes.

88Chris05 likes this.
  14. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Roy Jones was actually quite boring throughout fights, it’s only his finishes and ko’s which are exiting

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  15. Moggy94

Moggy94 Active Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2021
    Roy Jones Jr, Andre Ward, Bernard Hopkins, Ricky Hatton, most current boxers etc

Bronze Tiger likes this.