Post-Fight Press Conference: Anthony Joshua

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Astaxanthin, Sep 25, 2021.

1. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Probably wishes he was back in an open prison!!!

Jurgen likes this.
  2. LondonRingRules

LondonRingRules Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It’s actually beginning to put me off him, yes it’s a positive mentality after a defeat but he takes that mentality into the ring with him, if he loses or doesn’t do well it’s fine because he’ll learn something. That’s the mentality you have for sparring, not for the actual night of the fight.

His prime is long gone IMO, he peaked from 2016-2018, he doesn’t look anywhere near as fast or powerful anymore, his killer instinct and confidence have almost completely evaporated at this point.

3. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    I'm fed up of him talking in clichés and riddles.

You can never get a straight answer out of the guy. It's like he thinks we all want and need to hear his unnecessarily deep, irrelevant and nonsensical thoughts.

Cecil, Camaris, Howitzer1888 and 5 others like this.
  4. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Mayweather was the same.

Couldn't give a straightforward answer to save his life.

BXNG101 likes this.
  5. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Why would he shy away from trying to write the wrong in a rematch that serves to land him millions + an opportunity to get his belts back.... to instead fight someone like Hrgovic?

That would make no sense.

He's no longer the unified champion but he does still have an opportunity to become a 3 time world champion in his very next fight.... obviously there are many things he would need to correct / do differently but he would be mad to pass that up.

deltabravo and Brixton Bomber like this.
  6. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Agree 100% he actually comes across as a deluded ****.

7. Brumsongs

Brumsongs Member Full Member

May 29, 2021
    Going straight in with Usyk seems a mistake to me- as it is for Wilder to go straight back in with Fury. If you're making big style changes then that needs to settle in to your muscle memory and that doesn't happen only in the gym. Both of them should have taken tune up fights to groove in the changes they are making. Too much is made of keeping fight plans secret- they either work or they don't. Fury tells opponents exactly what he's going to do, for instance.

bbjc and Jurgen like this.
  8. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Hearn talking about '3 time heavyweight champion' like it's a better achievement than being 1 time and not losing the belts in the first place. Joshua talking about it being part of the journey and the legacy. Spinning hell.

9. First Round KO

First Round KO Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Can someone explain how Hearn gets to call the shots regarding rematch venue? Surely Usyk has more influence than silver spoon Eddie.

10. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    In fairness to AJ, whether you like him or not, he owns up and takes defeat like a man.

As he did for Ruiz, he's again come out and said he was beaten by the better man.

No bull**** excuses that his water was spiked, his ring attire was to heavy or Usyk put nuclear bombs in his gloves.

11. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I disagree he does it in such a back handed way, like its part of some big scripture.

12. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    When he lost to Ruiz him and Hearn were talking about a health issue but wouldn't say what it was because they 'didn't want to make excuses'. Why mention it then.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  13. djfonti

djfonti Active Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2005
    There needs to be rules around rematches. You can have one but you don't get control of it. You're not the champ any more.

14. teddybaldock

teddybaldock Active Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I don’t like the idea of AJ having a permanent safety net of a rematch clause every fight tbh. To become the champ you don’t just have to beat AJ, you have to beat him twice, I think that’s wrong tbh

djfonti likes this.
  15. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    It’s not just AJ it’s every champion and every fighter with a name. Warrington vs Lara (I think) there was one. No belts on the line. Arthur v Yarde - a British level fight where the challenger had a rematch clause. Utterly bizarre.