Post your slip. Joshua vs Usyk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MarkusFlorez99, Sep 22, 2021.

1. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    This content is protected

A small wager on Joshua by decision

I was thinking about betting 200 on Joshua by decision but after remembering Gassiev stun Usyk with a counter right in round 4 and Joshua's sub par gas Tank against Pulev in round 3 im not as confident in my prediction and i won't rule out a Joshua KO or an Usyk TKO but i still have $60 on Joshua by decision.

Post your bet slip

latineg, sasto and chico g like this.
  2. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Haven't made a decision yet on what to bet. But I usually like small stakes high odds. I remember winning on a 7/1 on Whyte vs Povetkin on both fighters to be knocked down.

I'll be betting on something specific rather than just the overall outcome.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  3. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    Tempting -
    Joshua To Win By KO/TKO In Rounds 7-10 & Usyk To Be Knocked Down In Rounds 1-6 13/2

BoxerToxer, Reinhardt and McGrain like this.
  4. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    IMO that is a great bet, though I don't think it will happen personally, odds are what you'd want to see.

5. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    Hmm, too early for the knockdown though I think. I think Joshua will wait a bit before trying it.

6. McGrain

Mar 21, 2007
    I agree but I think there's a good chance that Usyk just isn't going to be prepared for this power and gets flashed. Nothing heavy, just a holy**** scramble of some description.

latineg, BoxerToxer and Reinhardt like this.
  7. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    Yes, will be interesting. Or his weight will slow him down, and Joshua's long jab will be a pain in the arse for him, and he'll struggle to get forward and land.

latineg, Reinhardt and deadACE like this.
  8. deadACE

deadACE Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Agree with this. People seem to think that Joshua has to out skill Usyk. That's not going to happen. For Usyk to get on Joshua inside he has to make Joshua lead and slip to get on the inside that will only work if Joshua doesn't move his feet. If Joshua uses feints and steps off after the jab he won't be there for the counter. It might be a case of few punches landed the whole fight. Usyk will make Joshua miss but can't miss every jab

Bumnard_Hopkins, sasto and Bokaj like this.
  9. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Betting on a fight that could go either way (meaning the decision, assuming we get there, which is fair to do) factoring in the potential for robbery ...is kinda dumb, sorry. If you bet on, say, Usyk, but he gets robbed in a fight where virtually all fans and press row had it for him by about 118-110, do you really have anything less to brag about than somebody who tipped AJ?

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Man's fought loads of super heavies before, many of them a deal bigger and packing more wallop than Joshua. Granted that was all with headgear on..

My point is the power may be more than he's used to feeling lately but won't be uncharted waters for him.

Bustajay, Rumsfeld and BCS8 like this.
  11. McGrain

Mar 21, 2007
    Aye, maybe, but there is a difference between getting clocked for the fifth time by a big punch in round 6 of a difficult fight and getting hit in your protected head for the second time while still absolutely fresh. Fatigue makes cowards of us all.

As stated though, I don't expect it to happen either, I believe those odds are welcoming though.

sasto and IntentionalButt like this.
  12. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    I know a robbery could happen but i do legitimately think Joshua will win a convincing but competitive decision without a robbery. Wouldn't really be a bragging right if Joshua won convincingly or not though. It's just a small bet in how i see the fight playing out.

13. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Well said.
    There are two reasons I'm not betting on this one
    1. Potential corruption.
    2. I like one boxer way more than the other, so any decision I make would potentially be influenced by emotions.

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Fair enough. Usually this kind of "post your slip" thread is meant to be about bragging rights and one-upsmanship. Might not be how you meant it, but that is the usual tone of these.

15. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    I know I've seen the sherdog forum lol, nah i just wanted to see what and how much people bet thats all

IntentionalButt likes this.