Povetkin Not the same

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    I was seeing his fight with rudenko he sure looked different . slower got hit a lot more. I don't know if he can still compete with high competition

SnatchBox likes this.
  2. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    He will knock Hammer out, then he will get ready for a big fight, good thing VADA and the WBC framed him to protect Wilder of he would have knocked Wilder out! He is getting old though, I think he is 38 years old now, but still has some gas in the tank...............

SnatchBox likes this.
  3. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    then the top guys can quit ducking him. take that russian cash and add the best non champion name in the division to their ledger.

SnatchBox likes this.
  4. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    you must have missed his fight against Duahapas, he knocked his ass out like no one else. Just like he did with Tackam, and Charr, and Wach... but I guess thats not enough for u eh

SnatchBox likes this.
  5. Payback87

Payback87 Active Member Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Rudenko is very tough guy with excellent chin,however he had neck injury in the first round after absorbing some heavy punches and especially one uppercut.After that i felt like Povetkin didnt wanna hurt a guy that already had an injury and decided to continue , it was a very strange situation overall.

Povetkin still got what it takes to become champion but 6`6 + guys can always jab and grab him into wide decision if done properly anyway.Hes just too small for heavyweight and noone is going to DQ clinchers nowadays if ever.

AJ and Wilder arent rly clinchers but someone like Tyson Fury can spoil the fight for 12 rounds boring decision.

BCS8, SnatchBox and Birmingham like this.
  6. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    The hell you mean im the biggest povekin fanboy i support even his ped use .

7. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Most people know that Povetkin is formidable with his enhancers, since the Klitschsko fight. But obviously if you follow his his career, and seen the fights with Huck, Chageav, and Firtha, you would know that is his true level without the substances. A good contender, but maybe a little to undersized to deal with the superior bodybuilder Joshua, and the devastating bronze bomber Deontay Wilder!

BlizzyBlizz, IKSAB and SnatchBox like this.
  8. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I must get hold of some meldonium. Must be the elixir of life.

BCS8, radupidu and SnatchBox like this.
  9. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    I was gonna say

10. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I could pick 3 fights of any fighter ever and do what you just done. All the top heavies are using and abusing too. I agree that hes undersized for the big boys

SnatchBox likes this.
  11. SnatchBox

SnatchBox Boxing Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Hammer is no pushover either he's Huge. Plus he always gets up after getting knocked down

radupidu likes this.
  12. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    chubby boy was pretty good with his PEDs, a genuine contender. Shame he wasnt able to carry his immaculate amateur career into the pro ranks further.

Pimp C likes this.
  13. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Povetkin is like Bane in the Batman and Robin movie (as opposed to the one in the Dark Knight) ... when Batman (aka VADA) pulled the plug on his juice, he shriveled up into a harmless little nothing.

HerolGee and IKSAB like this.
  14. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    lol that movie was classic. they dont make em like that anymore.

15. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    And Wilder's like the Scarecrow. All smoke and mirrors.