Povetkin v Donald.. Views..

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Bigcat, Jun 21, 2007.

1. SweetScienceFan

SweetScienceFan Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    I was suprised to hear this fight was coming off. Hell, I wouldn't be surpised to see Donald outbox any of the current Champs outside of Klitschko.

2. Odo

Odo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004
    You are right,flabby!

Povetkin's weak spot may be his stamina.But I guess that Donald will test Povetkin's stamina.Donald's chin is okay,and so is his stamina.I dont think that Povetkin will be able to stop the experienced vet within the distance.
    Hopefully,this upcomming bout against Donald will tell us a bit about Povetkin's stamina.I for my part would like to see him share the ring with 1-2 teak tough journeymen like Sherman Williams,or Sedrick Fields before taking on -again-fighters of the upper echelon of his weight division.
    A fight against his durable stable mate Timo Hoffman would be desireable IMO.This fight could be staged without any trouble,and Hoffman is a decent heavy in his prime with a proven track record.

3. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    Povetkin should win, but a stoppage is unlikely.

4. Bigcat

Bigcat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 10, 2006
    What the hell does kickboxing have to do with the Larry Donald fight....

Boxing bro..

not kick boxing
    not thai boxing
    not ufc..
    not wwf wrestling
    not horse racing
    or base jumping

Boxing............

God bless....

5. Bigcat

Jan 10, 2006
    Is that him in the Avatar, that skinny guy crouching like he is about to take a ****.........

6. Bigcat

Jan 10, 2006
    he looks like he smokes cigarettes too

He would be smoked by Povetkin in a mere half a round..

He would be completely out of his depth..

7. Chilli

Chilli spectator Full Member

Aug 9, 2005
    I don't know if Larry could make it competitive. Much depends on his frame of mind. In his recent interview he stated he's never seen Povetkin fight. Larry only knows that he's Olympian. He took a fight on a short notice. Likely of despair. King didn't feed him any fight for a while.

8. chliJs

chliJs Active Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2006
    povetkin by early ko..

9. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Hmm. That really makes it sound like a "turn up for a payday and hope I get lucky" attitude from Donald...

10. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Povetkin has the pressure of fighting in front of a hometown crowd. Sometimes that can make a boxer punch himself out trying to make himself look impressive. There are a few intangibles at work here that a crafty veteran like Donald can take advantage of it the opportunity presents itself.

My guess for the fight is it will be surprisingly close with Povetkin's homecooking paying off. Povetkin via a point or two.

11. huki

huki huk huk ^_^;; Full Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Povetkin isn't Wlad. In front of his home crowd, he would never allow himself to burn out, even if he was inches away from death. No homecooking will be needed either, he doesn't fight at home to steal decisions. Donald will be KO'ed.

12. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    You either don't know much about Donald, or you're way overestimating Povetkin

13. Butch Coolidge

Jul 20, 2004
    If Povetkin KOes Donald I will handcraft a golden icon of Povetkin and put it on the dashboard of my truck and worship it while I'm waiting at traffic lights and railroad crossings.

14. Odo

Odo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Haha! You are exaggerating,butch! Could be quite annoying to have Povetkin's face in front of your eyes for hours and hours!

15. Butch Coolidge

Jul 20, 2004
    Maybe Povetkin will make me a prophet without even betting on him...sorry I couldn't resist that one.:rofl