Povetkin wins by KO

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Thecheckjab, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Veys9

Veys9 Let's go Champ! Full Member

Aug 30, 2018
    I'd love to see Povetkin winning by KO, but I don't see it happening. Whyte is different in physique and probably in style. He didn't change his trainer for no reason. I think Whyte will destroy the body and then go for the KO, maybe via uppercut.

Wonder if Whyte will have any problems carrying these muscles if it goes to distance.

2. Coybig

Coybig Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Of course Whyte will win, mate. He's younger and looks like he's been in about the warm climate training ;)
    Povetkin is ancient and looked honking last few fights. Whyte will KO him.

3. ILikeBoxingForRealz

ILikeBoxingForRealz Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
    To be honest, I havent seen Dillian in this good of shape in a long time. He looks motivated. Povetkin is gna be game and he is going to come to fight, but I think Whyte wins in a good scrap

George Crowcroft likes this.
  4. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    As little as 3 years ago I'd be backing povetkin.. Not now... And I don't rate whyte... Actually think he will surprise a few people here and score an early ko in the first 6

5. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I think Whyte deserves the shot and it would be better for boxing if he won, but I keep having a vision...

Povetkin throws a feinting hook to draw the check-hook. Whyte obliges, throwing one of his patented all-in, off balance haymaker hooks, but finds Povekin just out of range. Povetkin answers with a well-planned overhand-right counter, and...

Down goes Whyte! Down goes Whyte!

Whyte pops right back up, but Povetkin smothers him, throwing 30, 40, maybe 50 largely unanswered punches, burning up every last bit of 40 year old gold-medal greatness in his last grasp at the brass ring in a barrage reminiscent of Dokes-Weaver. The parallel continues as the ref sees enough and steps in, even as Whyte is standing tall. While Whyte protests in disbelief as the ref explains that it is his job to protect himself at all times, the announcing team declares..

WINNER, AND NNNEEEEWWWWW WBC INTERIM HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!!!!!

They make it a point to note that adding the WBC interim championship to Povetkin's run as WBA regular champion makes him boxing's first two-time pseudo heavyweight champ.

Book it! It is going to happen.

CST80 likes this.
  6. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    More complete I agree, but I seen tough AF Parker looking sick for a spell in the fight with Whyte, he was taking some crippling blows, his face told the story, he couldn’t hide it, now that’s Parker, who has legs and is maybe the most robust man at Heavy, I think POVs gonna slow down and get stopped, I hope I’m wrong, but if that left lands to head or body from Whyte it’s gonna speed up the slow down if not spark POV at 41. Pov prime and I agree with u mate, quick and didn’t slow prime

7. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I agree. It could be a sickening end mate, I don’t wanna see a 41 year old stretchered out

Liquorice likes this.
  8. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I think Whyte should have sat on his title shot. Povetkin will win, and be welcomed into the bomb squad with open arms. The Russian will make a excellent placeholder for Deontay to get his shiny green belt back. lol

9. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    It’s a sport where one person wins and one person loses. You need to stop taking it so personally when someone makes a prediction you disagree with.

10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Respect for Povetkin. The former European, World and Olympic gold medalist is fighting Whyte at 41 years of age. The former WBA world champion probably has the best CV in the division. Wins over H Fury, Price, Hammer, Rudenko, Dahaupus, Wach, Takam, Wawrzyk, Charr, Rahman, Huck, Chagaev, Byrd, Donald and a draw with Hunter last time out. The man has never fluctuated more than 12lbs his entire career which for a heavyweight is incredible. It’s just not his time anymore but I’d like nothing more than to see him pull it off tonight. Amazing career.

11. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Nah....Povetkin is used goods. He'll gas out and Whyte KO's him later rounds. Round 8, at the 1:30 mark.

12. Goose

Goose Russian oligarch Full Member

Mar 2, 2005
    PEDvetkin is too old, no amount of steroids can help him win against the superior athlete that is the fat hippo Dyllion Whyte.

In all seriousness it's a 50/50 fight, even this old decrepit shell of his former self Povetkin can easily beat out of shape Whyte.
    But Whyte has that left hook and has the age advantage...so it's hard to pick.

13. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Pov KO is not out of the question but can you honestly see a near 41 year old Povetkin knock Whyte out cold?

14. CaravanDweller

CaravanDweller Member banned Full Member

May 31, 2019
    Whyte will bully him with his 2 stone weight advantage

15. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    He wasn't the WBA World Champion. He was the WBA (regular) World Champion.

WBA (regular) is not required for undisputed because it is not a legitimate world title. In an era in which 4 world title belts are deemed too many, it would be absurd to consider one governing body's second-string belt as a legitimate world title.

Is Manuel Charr currently regarded as a world champion? He's been sitting on his "world title" for nearly 3 years. I haven't heard many people complain - nobody cares.

Alexander Povetkin has enjoyed more than a respectable career, but it's a stretch to claim he has done more than moonlight as a world champion.

You've been duped.

kriszhao and chico g like this.