Predictions for Kovalev-Alvarez Rematch?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Jan 30, 2019.

Who wins the rematch

1. Kovalev UD

2. Kovalev KO

3. Alvarez UD

4. Alvarez KO

5. Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    The first fight was a very good fight huge respect to Alvarez for finishing off Kovalev.
    In this next fight i think Kovalev will win basically i just think kovalev got tired and Alvarez got him at the right time . Alvarez was doing very but i do not think he has one punch knockout power as i have stated i believe the stoppage against Kovalev was just in my opinion beacause kovalev got tired that is the only reason i believe he got the knock out. This time Kovalev will stop Alvarez because i believe Kovalev had probably fixed his gas tank problem so whether its by KO or Decision im going with Kovalev . If Alvarez was 30 instead of 34 i would give him the edge . However im with Kovalev whether its by KO or decision .what are your predictions ??

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Ever since Kovalev was robbed against Ward he has not looked the same. His stamina in second ward fight and this last fight was bad. He is old and has legal troubles, I think Alvarez ends the career. Kovalev still has great power so I won’t rule him out but he is in decline.

oldcanvasback likes this.
  3. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    yes i see your point past prime Kovalev indeed

4. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    krusher is getting KO'd again :D

5. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    i would not be surprised if it happened to be honest

Boxingfan200 and oldcanvasback like this.
  6. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Alvarez +150 to win inside the distance is really generous when you consider the factors surrounding this fight.

Kovalev was badly KO’d in their first fight and hasn’t taken a warm up in between bouts, despite showing worrying stamina issues. Alvarez is arguably the best guy in his prime he’s ever got in a ring with, and knows he can handle his power while outlasting him down the stretch. Kovs mental state has been compromised and on top of everything he’s facing 4 years in prison. I’d be shocked to see any result besides an Alvarez stoppage.

oldcanvasback and Dance84 like this.
  7. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    really nice very good predictions i do think kovalev has been mentally compromised i feel he is looking to punish Alvarez to take his frusturations out

PunchersChance. likes this.
  8. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    My heart says KRUSHER but my head says Alvarez.

minemax and Dance84 like this.
  9. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    my head and heart both say Kovalev all the way

10. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    My head says 50/50 my heart says Alvarez beats womanbeater up.

11. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Kovalev deserves to be punched in the face as hard as he punched Jamie Frontz in the face, and Kovalev deserves to be kicked as hard as he kicked Jamie's dog when her dog tried to save Jamie from being raped by Kovalev.

Dance84, iii and thejudochop like this.
  12. thejudochop

thejudochop Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2014
    I believe Kovalev doesn't have the mental toughness to go in there with Alvarez again. Krusher is getting knocked out and earlier than last time. His career is over.

Dance84 likes this.
  13. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    ....Let Jamie have a few punches as a warm up then the dog have a chew ...then he gets his beatin...goes for all guys who are so tough to beat a woman,,,
    True story here.
    Me @ 18, walking home from a night out & I come across this couple & the guy was screaming & pushing the girl , as I walked along he hit her once then decided she needed two more. I went over , the guy was around mid thirties & about 20lb heavier than me , he was ranting & then at me I gave him some & he went down , I went onto him & as we were on the ground the lady started pulling my hair & punching me . I stopped hitting the guy & got to my kness. She kneed me in the tabs & the guy got up, they gave me a proper licking & from then on I said " Never interfere with a couple no more " lol...I have though ,but managed to stop it without to much tussling.

14. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    I couldn’t see kovalev winning with him ageing that bit more since the last fight and all this legal stuff over him. He said himself “funny how this has all come out now” , he’s already making his job harder with that statement as that’s obviously on his mind and he feels something/somebody is against him.

15. thejudochop

thejudochop Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Wow. I was totally wrong on this one. Kudos to Kovalev on his win.