Predictions For Spence vs Garcia ??

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Feb 17, 2019.

Who wins

1. Mikey Garcia UD

2. Mikey Garcia KO

3. Errol Spence UD

4. Errol Spence KO

5. draw ??

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    this is how i rank the welters based on skills and resume alone 1. Crawford 2. Keith Thurman (healthy) 3 Errol Spence 4.Shawn Porter 5 Danny Garcia . i did not include manny pac because he has not fought top tier fighters prime fighters in a while so i just leave him out besides he is close to retirement . i only list fighters who will be fighting for a for seeable future

2. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I agree
    I personally feel loma and linares chose the easier opponent.

3. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I’ll take Mikey over anybody at welter other then Crawford, Spence, and pac. If Mikey beats Spence then clearly he and Crawford are the best two welters in my opinion.

4. JMotrain

JMotrain Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 30, 2005
    Garcia will win, I reckon by decision.

heerko koois likes this.
  5. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    nice i agree if he wins he makes a statement however i do not think of spence that highly so i would still rank mikey as #3 or #4 but p4p i would rank him # 1 overall

6. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Garcia turned down the Linares fight in search of other options. Mikey has been wanting to make a statement win and at first he was after a Cotto fight (which he got offered and then Robert Garcia vetoed), and now he got the Spence fight.

Garcia vs Lomachenko has never been seriously discussed yet due to promotional difficulties. In theory Garcia still has this fight anyway even if he loses to Spence, and thus it makes sense to try that first. Besides Mikey is probably thinking that a win over Lomachenmo would look less impressive than going up two divisions and beating Spence; and he actually thinks he can win (although I think Spence is too good and too big) .

7. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    I won't count Mikey out. I'll let the ref do that.

12toneman and Mickea4 like this.
  8. twopiece

twopiece Pugilistic Ambassador Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    I want Mikey Garcia vs Terence Crawford. That's the fight I've wanted for a long time for Garcia.

A fight against Lomachenko would've been nice as well, but it was clear Garcia would be moving up at some point prior to that match-up becoming a reality. With Bud, there's no such weight discrepancy hindering the fight being made.

9. ILikeBoxingForRealz

ILikeBoxingForRealz Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
    My honest feel for this interesting fight is Mikey will be competitive first half of the fight, but in the second half gets worn down by Errol's size and body work, and gets beat up to lose a UD. Think about Garcia's fight with Sergei Lipinets. A southpaw who tagged Mikey thru out the fight and marked Mikey up pretty good. Now move up a whole weight class and fight arguably the best welter today. Mikey has a huge mountain to climb March 16

10. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    You guys are kidding yourselves.

You'll all be quite disappointed. This is purely about avoiding an embarassing boxing lesson from a smaller man in Vasily Lomachenko. They are whitewashing this with "street cred" of fighting a bad ass in Spence.

This will not be a fight, it will be a sacrifice.

Robert Garcia fed Margarito to the dogs and let the man lose an eye. No such bloodletting will happen here. Robert is throwing in the towel at the first hint of the beating commencing.

Towel will be in before the 5th round. Very disappointing fight.

11. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    :lol:

You really DKSAB, bro. If you did, you'd have seen how Lipinets (an unheralded fighter) managed to rearrange Mikey's nose and have him looking like he survived a car crash. You don't think Spence does better than Lipinets?

12. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    I absolutely agree. And I can totally see Mikey leading the cards for 6 or 7 rounds. But I just don't think he can manage that extra weight long enough and I think that somewhere around Rds 8-12 - Spence Jr is going to be able to bomb him out of there.

I'd be happy if Mikey proves me wrong.

13. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    That's a bit of an exaggeration - Mikey was bleeding from the nose - but Lipinets didn't break it.

But, yeah, 140 was a stretch for Mikey and 147 is too far.

14. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    This content is protected

He probably did. Mikey's nose shifted 5 inches to the left.

:lol:

15. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    Hey let's wait til the fight and see if Spence gets the ko. From then we can talk after wards