Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by codeman99998, Jun 25, 2007.

1. codeman99998

codeman99998 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Why?

Is it because he SEEMED like a jerkoff on DLH-Mayweather 24/7? If that is your primary reason for hating the guy, I have news for you folks. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT IS REALITY.

Think about it. The whole thing was aired SOLELY to increase ticket sales. He showed nothing but class when Judah hit him low in the Judah fight, only retaliating by saying in his corner that he "wanted to stop him" which is by far the most noble way to deal with the situation. All the way up to, and including, the Gatti fight he showed his respect after the fight to the fighter he fought.

He gave Jose Luis Castillo a rematch, fair and square, because the decision was so controversial. He seems like a nice family man if you looked past all of the HBO edited bull**** on 24/7.

Sure the guy wears bling and he fights a style you guys don't like, but he sure gets a lot of animosity from people who far too easily buy into the "good guy, bad guy" aspect of boxing. I remember him giving Angel Manfredy full respect, Arturro Gatti full respect, and others. Many fighters claim that their opponents have no chance against them in the pre-fight buildup. It helps their own confidence and their marketability.

Most of this "Floyd is classless, I hate him because he is a bad human being" is ignorance.

Some of the same people who love Mike Tyson claim to hate Mayweather because of "who he is" and not "how he fights"

2. jonesjrp4p1

jonesjrp4p1 16 yr old prodigy Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    good post i think the same thing

3. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Why did he chose to be a dick?

4. DoumB

DoumB HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT Full Member

Sep 18, 2006
    what about his comments on guys like hatton? Sugar ray Leonard ? his remarks towards margarito and his ***** acting when he face the man?

what about the disrespect he still show towards DLH and his team after the fight?

you are a nuthugger my friend, I used to be a fan of his but now he dont have many more real fans

u talk about giving arturo gatti ful;l respect? he threat the guy like **** and tell him hes a paper champ and after the fight he says he was a true champ?

u dont seem pretty inteligent by writing things like that man, no offense

5. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I saw him on the Tonight Show and The Late Late Show and he seemed like a classy, respectful guy to me...I am not a fan of Floyd by any means, but the way he acted in 24/7 was brilliant - he played the bad guy perfectly and did his part to make the event bigger.

6. codeman99998

Aug 28, 2006
    I am a fan of boxing, not fighters. The only exception to that rule is CARLOS "HIT HIM ON THE HEAD WHILE HE IS LYING ON THE GROUND ****ING AWESOME" MAUSSA.

I just don't understand why Floyd get's grief for being "classless". Many many fighters claim that they will easily beat their opposition, that their opponent doesn't stand a chance against them before the fight.

Fighters like Marco Antonio Barerra are never criticized for being "classless".

7. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    yeah ppl tend to not understand that this is NOT why hes so hated, its the way he behave when he talk about boxing and fighters, he think hes god and disrespect everyone including us the fans by only fighting for big dolllars and having the GUTS to tell it on top of it

8. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    fighters like marco antonio Barrerra go out there balls out take beating and are WILLING to put on a show, a fighter like floyd who is extremely talented tend to only come and get paid big dollar for fighting without risk, dont get me wrong, I think he fights perfectly but a lot of ppl will tell u thats some garbage

the only reason I dont like him anymore is what hes been doing since the DLH fight, nothing but dissapointing me and disrespecting whoever is willing to face him.

9. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    :good

10. jazzboy

jazzboy Free Boosie Full Member

May 18, 2007
    What did he say about sugar ray leonard

11. codeman99998

Aug 28, 2006
    It's this "classless" term that is being thrown around so willy-nilly that is bothering me.

MAB ****ing HIT morales at a press conference. He put Hamed in a half nelson and bulled him to the ropes (he might be a good boxer to MMA cross-over.)

Something was said on another thread, maybe by you, that is actually the best argument. Ali badmouthed his opposition and then FACED them and beat them. I do agree that insulting world class opponents and not actually fighting them is wrong, and tactless.

But seriously, the same people who love Tyson say Floyd is "classless" and I just don't think they understand what the word means.

I'm NOT saying you, or anyone, should LIKE him. I'm just saying that particular insult is poorly thought out.

On a personal note, I tend to lean towards intelligent dialogue over picking sides. I'm trying to say what I haven't heard anyone else say about Floyd. It's not that I'm a fan of his and I'm running to his defense because I'm upset he's getting badmouthed on the internet. If that is what I cared about, I'm sure I could have found another boxing forum where everyone loves Floyd.

12. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    yep you responded yourself just on that line, the word can be employed with different signification, the way he act towards fellow fighters is classless, the way he act to us fans by retiring with only one idea and it is a rematch with DLH is classless but outside of that hes NOT a classless guy, weve seen him on jay leno and another show and hes a real cool dude

If that was your point then I agree with you and apologize for calling you a nuthugger I didnt understand what u realy meant

13. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    I think beating his baby's momma is reason enough to dislike him.

14. codeman99998

Aug 28, 2006
    I've never heard that at all.

15. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    I didnt either and i'm sure hes starting **** up