Price vs Allen

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Apr 20, 2019.

Who wins

1. Price KO

34 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. Price Points

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Allen KO

106 vote(s)
    71.6%
  4. Allen Points

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    The fight we’ve all been waiting for is in the works after that last night.

Who’ve you got and how? I’ll have to go with Dave Allen after their last two performances!

We’ve seen Allen get outboxed a couple of times now and then pull out a KO shot to take it. Price was awful against an area level Kash Ali and the one asset he usually has - his power seemed to have evaded him. We also know that Price doesn’t have a chin and has the heart of the tin man so he could be vulnerable to a big Dave Allen shot!

moog and lewis gassed like this.
  2. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Hard one. Allen was being outboxed by one of the most slow, cumbersome things I’ve ever seen. But he’s proved a couple of times now he has one punch ko power.

If it was a 6 rounder I’d tell Price to just coast on points. Any longer though, which it will be and I think the usual stamina issues would happen.

The thing is, Allen still loves to block shots with his face, even telegraphed, slow Lucas Browne ones. Price is a lot more slick and athletic than Browne and hopefully has the power left.

I’d say Price KO but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gassed and Allen got him.

Twentyman likes this.
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    It’s an oddly entertaining and fascinating match up. Price is a huge puncher whose now reluctant to let his hands go due to his appalling stamina and Allen is just Dave Allen... obvious call is that Price outboxes him for 5 or 6 rounds before getting knocked out or suffering an asthma attack.

4. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    There's nothing left of David Price but the empty shell. Allen will either outlast him or find a shot like that which despatched Webb or Brown and end it earlier.

S.K, moog, lewis gassed and 2 others like this.
  5. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    It’s a freak show, but one Allen will win by KO whenever he lands on Price

6. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Allen would either land a big punch and KO Price or Price would lean over the ropes by round 7 and lose by exhaustion.

Emerald Oracle likes this.
  7. BoxingNL

BoxingNL Dutch P4P Champion Full Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Allen has my support for this.

8. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
  9. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Price has power but he’s gun shy with letting his hands go. Still, he’d win every round until Allen caught him with a big shot whilst Price blowing out of his backside.

I do worry what’s going to be left of Allen’s cognitive function when he retires.

Gatekeeper, DJN16, Greg Price and 3 others like this.
  10. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Allen will just about survive six and take Price out.

11. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    This fight needs to be made, either Allen or Chisora next for Price. I'd back Price by K.O against Allen, Price is much more technically skilled than a plodding Browne and would find the openings much easier.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  12. thornpipe

thornpipe Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2016
    Price is gun shy and when some one steps into him he panics and doesn't no how to step back.
    Allen likes to block punches with his face and this has got to be last chance saloon for price.
    This could be a walk in the park for price with the reach advantage but i'm not sure he has the stamina to keep it long and box for 12 rounds.
    Going off their last fights got to pick Allen late stoppage, needs to move his head in the early rounds though

13. SnoopyboyM

SnoopyboyM Active Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
    If Allen can take his power because he will get hit no doubt he’ll knock Price out first couple of times he lands

14. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Allen by KO

Price showed his true level currently with his performance against Kash. He’ll also be nervous as hell and be sapped of all energy before he gets in the ring.

15. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Price will gas and get knocked out by about round 5.