Price vs Dave Allen

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by On The Money, Feb 4, 2017.

1. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I know Price just had another loss but I would actually like to see this one. Dave Allen is not as good as Hammer and Price did have the Hammer dude down. A good domestic scrap. I don't want to totally w/o Price yet (can learn from Hammer loss) although I can see why many would. Allen would be a good option to put Pricey back in the domestic frame.

2. Eksman

Eksman definitely the best man banned Full Member

Feb 4, 2017
    it's the perfect time for that fight now

or sexton vs price for the vacant british

3. TSoprano

TSoprano Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Allen wins this easily. Just survive for 5 rounds and Price will turn his back on him. Never seen such bad stamina and chin in a fighter, I wished he would be better but this is just sad.

4. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Allan and Price coming off losses and can't fight for British off a loss, I' thought Sexton v Cornish has been called

5. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Allan has a pretty good set of whiskers on him, and I am sure he would be able to see it out for the first 4 rounds.

Price would have to do something about his stamina, as it was awful again. Perhaps there are some supplements out there that can help him with his stamina and his nervous energy.

I think this is great matchmaking, get the fight on.

I would marginally favour Price in this one - he would have a lot to prove after the Hammer loss.

6. Jobless Jarman

Jobless Jarman Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Allen wins this quite comfortably. Solid chin and a good tank. Price has little to no chance sadly.

Price would beat Cornish and Sexton if he doesn't nervously shake himself knackered in the dressing room.

7. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    That's how I see an Allen fight.

Cornish has gone full time now with Billy and Sexton would no doubt also fancy the job now, thinking that Price would be there to taken out if they can make it to the second half of a 12 round fight.

8. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    See last nights fight... Allen is extremely durable and appears to have decent enough stamina. Allen TKO 7-8. Maybe even sooner as Allen has a better chin than Hammer.

luke groome likes this.
  9. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Actually really like Price/Cornish as a domestic matchup. Would have liked to see it sooner honestly.

luke groome likes this.
  10. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Allen has a chin and can fight for 12 rounds, both these things are a disaster for Price.

power play likes this.
  11. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Stop mentioning Price......he's finished simple as that! He had his ideal opportunity last night and came in fat and unconditioned and just can't take pressure! His money fights have gone so he needs to just pack up and take up another pastime.

12. Jobless Jarman

Jobless Jarman Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Two tall chinny fighters. Cornish actually is one of the few heavyweights with less heart. Think Price wins by early KO but would be interesting.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.