Prime, 140lb. De La Hoya beats Floyd's ass!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by KeedCubano, Sep 7, 2020.

Am I right or am I right?

1. **** yeah!

49.0%
  2. Hell no!

51.0%
  1. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    But how is Whittaker better than Floyd? Floyd beat better names held more titles in more weights plus he is the better fighter, he has the better ring IQ, better balance, height and reach, Mayweather found a way to beat everyone and Whittaker may be tricky early on, but once Mayweather figured him out, he would be timing Whittaker, taking advantage of his poor balance and landing straight rights consistently, feinting, throwing off Whittaker’s balance and landing punches , Mayweather was the master of getting people into positions where he could land and making sure they couldn’t he did it all 50 times, why would this be any different? Mayweather ALWAYS loses in fantasy fights but ALWAYS wins real fights, Mayweather could adapt to any style or person and beat them, he is the greatest technical boxer of all time, people can’t admit this because they hate him, I hate him but it don’t make me blind to his boxing ability

2. christpuncher

christpuncher Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2019
    He wouldn't take a fight with prime anyone.

3. aboutfkntime

aboutfkntime New Member Full Member

Sep 7, 2020

Mayweather was never a Junior Middleweight, he punched above his weight because of his skillset/IQ.

when they fought, one of the few advantages on paper for Oscar was, he was established at 154... what did Mayweather weigh, 150ish?... at 140, Hoya would be in his prime... and like Hoya, Mayweather only had a handful of fights at 140, but jww would probably have been his ideal weight... I think 140 could steer that fight more toward Mayweather

GREAT fight !