Prime David Haye vs. Usyk, who wins?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Pluto, Nov 11, 2018.

Prime David Haye vs. Usyk, who wins?

1. David Haye by UD

1.9%
  2. David Haye by KO

25.7%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Usyk by UD

36.2%
  5. Usyk by KO

36.2%
  1. Pluto

Pluto Let's Go Champ banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2016
    The Hayemaker in his Prime, being able to beat the likes of Giant Valuev vs. Usyk, who you got?

2. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Usyk, both prefer for opponents to come to them but I think Usyk is better off the back foot with his movement and picks Haye off at range to win a decision.

Haye always has a punchers chance, he had crazy power.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  3. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Haye was lethal at Cruiser but id go with Uysk on pts. He is just more skilled and will get the better of the exchanges and pick up the rounds as he goes. The more Haye falls behind the more he tries to force the fight and the more easier it gets for Uysk.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  4. JediPimp007

JediPimp007 Long suffering reader Full Member

May 8, 2006
    Haye by ko. Usyk is far too open to a straight right and would walk into one. He gets hit far too much and Haye has ATG power at cruiser weight and I cannot stand Haye either.

I'd root for Usyk, but just don't think this is a good style match.

stittyb, emallini and The Akbar One like this.
  5. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Usyk by points victory. Too tough to be KOed, and too skilled to be outboxed by Haye.

JunlongXiFan and Perkin Warbeck like this.
  6. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Uysk knocks him out!!!! I knew this thread would resurface.

7. broxi51

broxi51 Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Apart from Wlad, who used his range and size advantage to nullify Haye, no one has outboxed Haye. Even a one footed Haye was outboxing Bellew in the first fight, before it went completely. Haye’s boxing skills are under rated because sometimes he gets wild when relying on his power

8. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Haye's stamina isn't great and his footwork is nowhere near as good as Usyk's. A big shot wouldn't win it for him either as Usyk seems to have an iron jaw.

9. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I agree. Haye's right hand would probably be cryptonite for Usyk. Usyk gets hit with right hands far to frequently.

JediPimp007 and Jackomano like this.
  10. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Haye was crazy fast and explosive in his prime, he wins this by KO.

11. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    It's not a straight forward fight, last night showed us how a prime Haye would be able to beat Usyk.
    Bellews right hand counter was landing last night and Haye is much faster and hits much harder than Bellew
    and Usyk would not be able to take too many of those from Haye regardless of how good he is. Haye just hits that hard. However as already mentioned by someone else, Haye has poor stamina and Usyk would get stronger as the fight goes on, this is where if Haye hasn't ended it, Usyk would take over and finish it late on. I would probably favour Usyk but its a 50 50 fight and I can definitely see how Haye could win.

12. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Usyk would box his ears off. Haye was a mediocre boxer with exceptional speed and power but little else when those attributes were taken away. He was also seriously untested at CW and struggled with the only world class opponent he fought at that division. He built up his rep on speed and flash and careful matchmaking that made him look a lot better than he actually was, to the point where people will still genuinely argue that he was one of the greatest CWs of all time. This, despite an absolutely paper-thin resume, obvious punch resistance issues and a loss to an ancient journeyman that exposed Haye's awful pacing, conditioning, and generally sub-par ring iq.

Usyk is a proven talent that's actually bothered to spend more than five minutes at world level taking on the best the division has to offer, and looked dominant against almost all of them. Haye wouldn't provide him with anything he hasn't seen before, nor would his speed and power prove much of an advantage past the first few rounds, once Usyk figures him out and starts upping the tempo. Considering the only "world class" opponent Haye managed to bomb out in under four rounds was the china-chinned Enzo Mac, that doesn't leave him with much of a hope in hell of getting to Usyk in that time.

13. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I respect Haye, but Usyk and fairly easily. Because of his chin, Haye had to pick his fights right, and this is one that he should not pick.

14. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    That's because Usyk is a southpaw and a (straight) right hand, preferably a counter right, is the traditional weapon against a southpaw. I'm thinking Usyk probably knows this fact. And yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Holler likes this.
  15. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Usyk might well stop heeeyyyman. David does not have the fundamentals to stave him off nor outbox him. But Haye is a better door2door salesman.