Prime Del Boy I reckon chins the bodybuilder

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by FuryFTW, May 4, 2020.

1. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    I think the biggest difference between Fury in the first fight and Fury in the second fight was Furys tactics. If he had implemented those tactics in the first fight, I think the result would have been much the same.

caligula4 likes this.
  2. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Tactics and fitness levels, general physical prime relied on exactly that. He had the confidence and knew he had Wilder's number, and almost (should have, in my opinion) out pointed him in the first fight, but got cocky with too many hands behind his back, and tired but still nearly knocked out Wilder. He always knew it was easy work, but had to be mentally and physically there. Tactics were important, but he is just a far better boxer and optimum fitness always has a better game and skills than Wilder.

Back to the thread title, I don't think Chisora beats Joshua, but prime he probably has him worried at points and gives him a worthy fight, then again he often doesn't and never did turn up on the night so who knows. The pre-fight tactics and cannonball he can be could have gotten to AJ.

3. Accurate

May 3, 2018
    I think he was fit enough to go 7 rounds in the first fight. Main clue is he went 12.

4. caligula4

Jul 13, 2011
    Mentally fit enough, though, not for me. The last round knockdown was complacent and a fully focused Fury would have totally blitzed and (or) outpointed Wilder. I'm not questioning his spirit or confidence, but prime any time he makes easy work of Wilder, if focused he doesn't get knocked down

5. Accurate

May 3, 2018
    Mentally fit enough to go 12 after rising off the canvas twice.

6. caligula4

Jul 13, 2011
    Aside from his silky skills, his best attribute is his heart and desire, self confidence. I'm saying he shouldn't have been putting his hands behind his band and thinking the fight is won before the 12th is over. The final knockdown was unnecessary and he should have easily won the fight. In the second fight he did the complete job and remained totally focused until job done

7. caligula4

Jul 13, 2011
    What I am trying to say (apologies if I'm not being clear enough), is with his ability, he should have made easy work of Wilder the first time around, he knew, as we all do now, that he's way better than him, but if he was at 100% focus and fitness, he would have made easy work of Wilder. He thought it would be TOO easy, and could do it at 60% with his hands behind his back.

edit to add: I am referring to a lack of concentration and mental focus in the first fight rather than at all his heart or mental strength, which is phenomenal and unusually impressive.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  8. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I can see the bodybuilder having a special handpicked referee for this one. He doesn't like pressure fighters taking him out of his prima Donna comfort zone.

9. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson “U should have been banned for life”-some fangirl banned Full Member

Mar 25, 2020
    Joshua destroys Del-boy

STOP MAKING STUPID THREADS:BangHead: