Prime for Prime-Evander Holyfield vs Mike Tyson

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by tommygun711, Apr 23, 2010.

1. salty trunks

salty trunks Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Tyson was defintely better in the second fight and I dont think that Holyfield handled him. Tyson was starting to do well, but he was cut over both eyes and fouled himself out. The fight was heating up to be a good one, its ashame Tyson did that, because he had a good chance of winning. Holyfield is the fighter that is completely overated based on his win over TYSON. He was horrible against Bowe (3) and Bobby Czyz. After the Tyson fight, he was sloppy against Moorer, lost to Lewis in two consecutive fights and went life and death with John Ruiz. Holyfield was as done as Tyson was going into the Tyson fight, only he was still better than the version of Tyson that came out of jail who was really never the same fighter.

2. WABCBoxer

WABCBoxer Member Full Member

May 7, 2013
    There is nothing "mytical" or "over-rated" about 86 - 88 Tyson, he was as close to heavyweight perfection as we're ever likely to see.

Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Carl Williams, Frank Bruno, Tony Tubbs, Mitch Green, and Tyrell Biggs. These fighters were all pretty much in their primes when they faced Tyson, and they were good fighters (at least at the time they faced Tyson anyway). They were neither shot, nor old.

You wanna talk about "shot" competition?! Take a look at Lewis' resume! lol! He never beat even one good fighter who was in his prime.

3. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

i don´t know if you are just blind or you can´t read... i said it 30 times...vitali klitschko was a great fighter(he would have destroyed every guy that you did mention) and lewis did beat him by cuts, when lewis was in his end..

4. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

:-( the last time that i answer one of your absurd comments

5. salty trunks

Dec 22, 2009
    Tyson's not great, but Vitali is? :rofl Vitalis competition is complete and utter garbage. His biggest fight was comparable to Tyson's destruction of Larry Holmes and he lost. Lewis was older than Holmes was when he faced Tyson and he still beat Vitali down.

6. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

i will explain it to you slowly , because it is not your fault(your limited brain). mike tyson was very good fighter h2h, but his legacy, his victories never were great, vitali never had a career full of stars... but he looked great against lewis,plus head 2 head he was a monster, tyson never was proved in his prime, i think that vitali is a great fighter and tyson was a great fighter, but the question here is .... lennox lewis did beat a prime great fighter:vitali klitschko. mike tyson never did beat a prime great hw fighter. period.

7. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

yes because 2003 lewis was equal to 1988 holmes right? , your comments are better everytime:rofl

according your logic of the age.... tyson was 23 when got knocked the **** out by the bum buster douglas right? tyson was 4 years younger than holyfield and 1 year younger than lewis right? you are a complete dumbass haha

8. sean1982

sean1982 Active Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2010
    How many other heavys have wins over "prime greats"?
    You can pick holes in prob all resumes.

9. salty trunks

Dec 22, 2009
    Yes probably. Thats how bad Vitali really is. In the 80's he would be comparable to Tony Tucker and I dont even know that hes that good.

10. salty trunks

Dec 22, 2009
    Holmes went on to fight Holyfield, Mcall Mercer. Holmes has better names on his resume after Tyson than Vitali does his entire career. :blood Vitali doesnt have a win better than a prime Ray Mercer.

11. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    It's only "virtually invincible" if that 99% of the time actually happens. Thus far, there has been no evidence provided to suggest that he would.

Well then you must be seeing something that most of the rest of the boxing world isn't, because lots of us have seen extensive footage of Tyson, Ali, Lewis, Foreman, etc..etc.. And your opinion seems to defy the norm.

You mean like the ability to go 15 rounds while being challenged in the heat of adversity by someone who can actually stand up to you?
    How about coming back from a beating to win a fight? Or maybe change your style to adapt to your opponent after your initial fight plan had failed you? Tyson has NEVER demonstrated that he can do these things.. Hell he's never been able to turn the tables to score a victory in a fight that he was otherwise losing, or risen off the canvas to win.

12. sean1982

sean1982 Active Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2010
    He turned the tables in the botha fight, not a great example but still turned it around fast!

13. Sangria

Sangria You bleed like Mylee Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    This, and I'd go so far as saying the Ruddock fights. Yes Tyson was winning but he took some hellacious shots and was hurt yet took back control when he was in trouble.

14. mr. magoo

Jan 3, 2007
    Tyson took some hard shots against Ruddock, just as he did against Bruno and Smith. But he was the aggressor in all of those fights, and never in any real danger of losing them. Muhammad Ali fought life and death with Joe Frazier on three occasions and was a huge underdog against George Foreman.. Tyson was never in that type of situation, or at least not in one that resulted in a win..

15. mr. magoo

Jan 3, 2007
    And seriously.. Using his performance against Frans Botha as a comparison to what other past greats have overcome?