Prime for Prime Joe Louis vs Wladimir Klitchsko

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by InMemoryofJakeLamotta, Nov 15, 2017.

Who wins and how

1. Joe Louis KO/TKO

56.7%
  2. Joe Louis UD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Joe Louis SD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wlad KO/TKO

36.7%
  5. Wlad UD

6.7%
  6. Wlad SD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    While Louis is without doubt the more fun fighter, and if he were the same size as Wlad I'd probably favour him.

Alas, he is not, he is 40lb lighter and has smaller dimensions. Wladimir throws straight punches down the pipe, Louis tends to hook more. Right away that's a problem for Louis, which is compounded by the fact that Wlad is gunshy and uses his feet to keep the fight at range. Both have great jabs, but Wlad's has 5 inches on Louis'. In boxing that's as good as a mile.

Louis could pull it off if he took risks and rushed Wlad, but that also leaves him open to the tremendous straight right Wlad likes to feed ambitious brawlers. There's a clear power edge to Klitschko. Joe would have to win by KO and win early. A long fight would expose him to the Klitschko grind and infamous "pizza face".

Wlad probably plays it safe in the face of a buzzsaw like Louis and peppers him from range all night long. Louis wasn't particularly hard to land on whereas Wlad made keeping his kisser baby-fresh a priority. It's going to be a long night for Joe en route to a probable UD loss.

InMemoryofJakeLamotta likes this.
  2. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    I'm going with Wlad 70/30 chance of winning. If Louis can land his powerful right on Wlad's chin, then
    Louis wins.

But I'm going with Wlad to win. By KO.

BCS8 likes this.
  3. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Wlad is getting more support against Louis than Vitally, which is as it should be.

It will come as no surprise that I still favor Louis though!

manbearpig likes this.
  4. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    If Louis could turn it into a close-up brawl then you'd well have a point.

Wlad, however, avoided close-up brawls the way he avoided ebola, even more so when facing a mincing machine like Louis. He'd use his superlative footwork and enormous reach to avoid engaging all night, and Louis has never really been noted for dazzling footwork. It would be a night long jab fest interspersed by huggery if Louis did get close; only if Joe was absolutely on his last legs would Wlad risk opening up the taps.

5. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    your post describes your own actions in your post, and theres no other content in it. So stop blubbin just cos smoeone disagrees with u.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  6. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    9-7 to Louis, tight vote so far.

7. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    u fail

8. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    If you followed heavyweight boxing in the 1990's ( I'm guessing you didn't ) Sanders was a star prospect of Kushner's heavyweight explosion series. Sander's name was often used by team Tyson or Lewis as a possible title opponent, but they selected easier marks on non-mandatories as no one wanted to face a south paw with fast hands and power. The risk was not worth the reward. That explains why he never got a title shot.

Judging by the low skill levels of Braddock, Buddy Bear and Galento who floored Joe Louis, Louis would be in a world of trouble too if Sanders landed something serious as he hit much harder, is much faster, has a big time height and reach advantage and was a south paw. Sanders has comparable early endings to Mike Tyson.

Seriously HerolGee, have you seen these guys on film? They are not very good and would be blow out today. Yet they took rounds and floored Joe Louis. SHOCK! Maybe if they could do it, and the were not very good, what the heck do you think Wlad would do?! Use your brain!

Brixton Bomber and BCS8 like this.
  9. HerolGee

Sep 22, 2010
    u fail?

10. HerolGee

Sep 22, 2010
    yes a prospect, who never into contention. lots got title shots even prime. he didnt. he didnt have it in him, like many others who couldnt.

that is all.

11. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    u fail

12. HerolGee

Sep 22, 2010
    i fail to see how sanders is as better than joe louis, sure thing. keep telling me i fail at that for sure, u are doing me a big favour classnig me as normal.

13. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    u fail

14. HerolGee

Sep 22, 2010
    too right i fail to see sanders>joe louis.

the more you write it, the better it gets, and the dumber u look, thanks.

15. Outstock

Outstock PBR Full Member

Mar 31, 2013
    His fight with Rahman was part of an eliminator series set up by Kushner. He got knocked out , hence why he did not get the title shot and Rahman did.