Prime Foreman vs prime Mike Tyson who wins?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Jun 9, 2018.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    This content is protected
    Cus D`Amato told Tyson it was suicide to come forwards v Foreman if you were a short armed fighter, was he right?

2. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm picking George.One of those sweeping uppercuts will find Tyson's chin and put him on ***** street and then it s all downhill for Iron Mike.

3. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    I've gotta say big George. I've ummed and ahhed about this fight ,seeing it from a few Angles but I don't see Tyson being able to beat him.Maybe not as one sided as Frazier kod s but still a brutal beating from Foreman. Tyson had a solid Chin ,he wouldn't be out in a round but he'd ship that much punishment he'd be forced to pull out .I'll go 6 round's Max .

The Morlocks likes this.
  4. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Foreman early. He's one of very few who would arrest Tyson's forward momentum and take away his effectiveness. At some stage Tyson would leap into something big and George would capitalize.

5. GOAT Primo Carnera

GOAT Primo Carnera Member of the PC Fan Club Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Indeed, Tyson rarely fought a man who could match him in functional power. Some fighters had brutal raw power, but weren´t as functional as George with both hands.
    The thing you might give Tyson is speed and accuracy, with Foreman beeing wide open after inaccurate, but brutal punches. Foreman had some chin, but could be hurt vs Lyle.

Some say this might end up in a Bonecrusher Smith fight with alot of wrestling and hugging, with far less punch exchanges fans might expect. Dunno about that one....

InMemoryofJakeLamotta likes this.
  6. ticar

ticar Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I actually think old Foreman matches up better with Tyson than the younger version.
    Why?
    Bigger, stronger, better chin, better defense, better jab, knew how to pace himself...

The Morlocks and GordonGarner65 like this.
  7. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Tyson was really quick with his hook though.

GordonGarner65 likes this.
  8. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    The fact that he was bigger when he came back hurt him vs Morrison and Tyson was quicker than Morrison. Foreman was not stronger when he came back! No way would Moorer have gone 10 rounds vs a young George. Lyle was a harder puncher than anyone George faced in his comeback yet he came off the floor in a classic to beat Lyle, that`s a chin, you`re chin doesn`t get tougher unless you feel he gassed quicker like he did in the heat v Ali, because when you`re tired you can`t take shots that well, that`s why Douglas knocked Tyson out but a more powerful fighter like Ruddock caught Tyson flush and took it well. Foreman also got hit much more when he came back, he was awful in his bout with Stewart, who Tyson destroyed in a round. Foreman`s jab was always great and the first punch that hurt Frazier was a jab.

MannyMMA likes this.
  9. ticar

ticar Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Dec 7, 2008
    First of all Morrison moved away from Foreman, Tyson would come to Foreman.
    Foreman was a lot bigger in his comeback, and thus stronger with a better chin. He was slower though.
    Foreman being a lot bigger and stronger than Tyson would allow him to bully him in the clinch and take Tyson's punches better. Old Foreman also had better defense, pacing and was more patient.

swagdelfadeel and The Morlocks like this.
  10. GordonGarner65

GordonGarner65 Active Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2016
  11. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Joe Frazier had a decent one too. Tyson is a long way from his best when he can't get on the front foot.

He would KO the post Ali Foreman who paced himself but the aggressive Foreman of the Frazier/Norton/Ali fights would get him for mine. Tyson only has a plan A and lacks the versatility to sit back.

langdell, SuzieQ49 and The Morlocks like this.
  12. GOAT Primo Carnera

GOAT Primo Carnera Member of the PC Fan Club Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    What clown world are you from?

13. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin Active Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2015
    I have to go with Foreman here, early too. If the mark one George would have had the balance of the mark two George, he would have a hell of a force to be reckoned with.

RockyJim likes this.
  14. GordonGarner65

GordonGarner65 Active Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2016
    You GF Fanboys are the most stubborn flat earthers ever !
    Your arguments are as thin as peak GF's resume.
    You're great at insults however.
    What did he do that was better than peak Tyson ?
    Peak Tyson could've blasted out Frazier and Norton in the same manner and he'd have beaten Lyle and Young.
    Peak Mike showed he could win in different ways, more blast outs at title level than GF and he could box his way to victory ( Tillis Smith Tucker) without a hint of GF style gassing.
    Mike was good where GF wasn't, co ordination and balance being 2 keys, clumsy GF starting to gas around round 5 or 6 and Tyson slides between his crude failings to wreck him with bodyshot and hook combos.
    You all assuming GF nails Tyson early but there's nothing factual in their peak records to assume this would be true.
    For a guy with such a thin peak resume and such a short title reign, the false worship the guy gets is unfathomable.He was a dangerous puncher yes, but was very limited. He did nothing better than peak Mike and peak Tyson isn't losing to Jimmy Young !

15. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    I agree he had a better jab, defense, and paced himself better. Strength is debatable.

What i dont get is why people think his chin got better after a 10 year layoff and gaining a bunch of weight from cheeseburgers. And he was in his 40's, no one in the history of boxing had a better chin at 40 than they did in their prime.