Prime Gennady Golovkin vs Tommy Hearns?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by VeryMoistWalrus, Jun 16, 2021.

GGG vs Tommy Hearns

1. Hearns KO/TKO

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Hearns Decision

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. GGG KO/TKO

30 vote(s)
    73.2%
  4. GGG Decision

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. VeryMoistWalrus

VeryMoistWalrus New Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2021
  2. Indefatigable

Indefatigable Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 6, 2021
  3. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    If Hearns brawls, GGG gets him early. If Hearns boxes, GGG gets him late.

Golovkin's chin and conditioning will win this for him even if Hearns has him in difficulty in the boxing aspect, and, conversely, I don't fancy Hearns' chin against Golovkin's bombs.

4. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Tommy Hit Man Hearns is an absolute legend!!
    But, I'm afraid in this match up he'd suffer one of the worst kos of his career.
    GGG would strike early, Hearns would get drawn in to the battle.
    Tommy's shots wobble his opponent in the early minutes, feeling confident he moves in for the kill.
    With his left low, Golovkin powers over one of his A bomb s.
    BANG.
    Tommy hits the floor hard. Attempting to scramble up, but his legs won't obey.
    GGG win s by Ko in 2:32 second s of Round 1.
    Sorry Tommy..

Richard M Murrieta and Lenny like this.
  5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Outcome depends on how Golovkin reacts to TH's power and jab because GGG is going to be getting hit in this one a lot, especially the early rounds. If GGG can keep coming and not get disheartened then he gets a late TKO otherwise he himself gets stopped late or loses a decision.

MURK20, Blaxx and Richard M Murrieta like this.
  6. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Tomato can crusher aint no Hagler......full stop.

The Tomato can crusher aint no Leonard.....full stop.

The Tomato can crushers fans have a lot more confidence in his chin then him because he sure as hell was gunshy as hell against a blown up Junior Middle for 24 who was schooled by a old FMJ............and Ginger aint no hard puncher, he is a sharp and accurate puncher but not a lights out puncher.

The Tomato can crusher stepped up twice, barely got by once and drew/lost against the other, absolute fact.

The Tomato can crusher has never ever laid out a fighter of Duran's caliber..........despite Duran is a Welter weight and the Tomato can crushers specialty is to take on blown up lighter weights, fact.

If Hearns keeps this in the middle of the Ring staying behind the jab with right hands bouncing off the Tomato can crushers head to put him in a shell like Ginger did he can win this all day long.

Could would should etc etc etc.............the Tomato can crusher never delivered on the highest level. End of.

7. Lenny

Lenny Member Full Member

May 23, 2021
    I am with Fergy------I loved watching Hearns. Always went into a fight with guns "a blazing" knowing he did not have the best chin. How many fights did you see the boxer in Hearns.? It worked well for him in his amateur career but as a pro he certainly became the hitman. I feel he would attack ala Hagler and Duran and fall victim to GGG in the middle rounds. As stated earlier, if GGG could take those early bombs. Anyways---- great fight to think about. He certainly always gave us his money's worth.

Fergy and BCS8 like this.
  8. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I'd pay stupid money to see this.

9. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
  10. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
  11. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 13, 2006
    GGG would not like the very underrated body work from Tommy.

MURK20 likes this.
  12. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    It is a tough fight to predict. With the Hitman's right hand, I do not think GGG would fight his usually agressive fight. All in all, I am slightly favouring GGG due to the stylistic ingredients of this matchup.

BCS8 likes this.
  13. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    I agree with this. Golovkin is usually cautious with big bombers and prefers to fight off the jab. He'd try and cut the ring off on Hearns and box him in so as to get his big shots off while controlling the range. I think a good version of Hearns would be able to give Golovkin hassles in this regard. My only issue is that when Tommy's feet slowed down later in the fight he'd probably be drawn into exchanges regardless of his intentions. If Hearns had a great chin I might tilt towards him.

14. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    LMFAO ggg couldn't even get Jacobs in 2, you guy's still overrated ggg

Gatekeeper likes this.
  15. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    New thread: Canelo vs Hearns
    22JM: OMG Canelo kills that little wimp. canelo so manly, tough and with big balls. Canelo by decapitation :rolleyes:

VeryMoistWalrus and FastSmith7 like this.