Prime George foreman KO's Prime Holyfield: I'm not Convinced

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by InMemoryofJakeLamotta, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Ronnie Raygun

Ronnie Raygun Active Member banned Full Member

Aug 20, 2017
    he couldn't ko a forty something foreman
    how the hell is he gonna ko a prime foreman
    foreman eats him like a cheeseburger

Reinhardt likes this.
  2. JackSilver

JackSilver Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2017
    The old George Foreman that Holyfield beat,would have beaten reckless young Foreman.

3. Sting like a bean

Sting like a bean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Nonsense.

Reinhardt likes this.
  4. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Foremans stamina problems narrative are primarily based on the zaire fiasco in which he fought a stupid fight swinging for the fences throwing non stop power punches for 8 rounds and not bothering to block any incoming punches.

Holyfield isnt going to just stand there and try to outlast or outslick him (like Ali and Young) he will either box or brawl, and both could get him killed against a prime Foreman. If it goes the distance obviously Holyfield is more likely to win the decision but i find it far more likely Holyfield tries to slug it out and gets stopped in the process. Were not talking about the chubby old nicer foreman who was patient and more methodical, young foreman would be throwing heavy leather every minute and would not let holyfield off the hook if he had him hurt.

5. richdanahuff

richdanahuff Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2013
    I see Holy stopping 70's George the fight might look like the Lyle fight but the tenacity and skills of Holyfield and IMO the most dangerous hurt fighter who gets meaner and tougher as the fight gets hard breaks George's will then....... the relaxed methodical 90's version was slower but much more resilient mentally

6. slash

slash Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 15, 2012
    nobody ko'd a forty something foreman.

70's foreman was ko'd.

7. Hayemakers

Hayemakers Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Jesus what a bunch of delusional idiots on this board. Young Foreman destroys Holyfield, get out of fairyland everyone.

Reinhardt likes this.
  8. Ronnie Raygun

Ronnie Raygun Active Member banned Full Member

Aug 20, 2017
    Holy wouldnt have kod a 70s capt cheesburger

9. richdanahuff

richdanahuff Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Foreman was a force the size and tenacity of Holyfield the iron chin the solid skills great hand speed combination punching and people forget how physically strong he his and Foreman at 225 isn't going to be able to throw him around like he did others....I reference the 210lb Ron Lyle giving him all he could handle....Holy is better and just as strong if not stronger

JackSilver likes this.
  10. moneytheman12

moneytheman12 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 4, 2021
    I argee and I never liked George's style in his young days holy brawled to much then it's hard to go toe to toe with George unless having a toughness for taking damage holy didnt have it much then

11. djanders

djanders Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Holyfield, the boxer/brawler, beats any version of Foreman IF he boxes him and just unloads occasionally. If he just tries to brawl with Foreman, he loses. I'll give Holy the benefit of the doubt against George. At his best, I think he fights the right kind of fight.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  12. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Old Foreman would have won if he went all out in the fourth round. Young foreman would have been much more fast and vicious and probably got him out sooner.

13. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Whether he wanted to box or not Holy would be forced to fight and Foreman would get him out of there.

Reinhardt likes this.
  14. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I’ve always felt the same way and argued it before

15. newurban99

newurban99 Active Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    I love the writing on this forum.