Prime Golovkin Prime Canelo..(Not In Las Vegas) Poll edition

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Hanz Cholo, Feb 1, 2020.

sho Takes it & how?

1. GGG in points

2. GGG decapitation

3. Canelo on points

4. Canelo By KO

5. Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    An average of 2.5 more punches per round is "significantly"? LMAO!!!

ok bud... Canelo outlanded Golovkin in the good punches..Power.

2. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    And remember it was even less than that if you go by the live HBO punch stats in round 5 which had Canelo outlanding GGG. Then remember compubox altered the round 5 punch stats in the final compubox totals lol.

3. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    What history is that my friend? Are we discussing fictional history, like Narnia or the Shire, or we discussing real life. I do recall the biggest cash cow of the 90's getting the short end against Trinidad, and Mosley... Sooo... so much for your theory.

4. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    thats is part of it for sure.
    But if you are telling me “Robberies” “favoritisms “ & out right corruption does not exist in not only Vegas but in boxing all over the world. You must be quite young or just started following the sport.
    This is a Santa clause teachable moment here.

5. Hanz Cholo

Jul 11, 2012
    that was de la Hoya & that was an Arum fighter who was planning on leaving Arum with ramifications to pay after he split in 2002 to form GBP...
    & fought a Don king fighter (Mosley II
    2003 Pist Arum & Trinidad ‘99)

Besides those fighters were both prime as well & had plenty of star power themselves.. but the 90s was a good decade with multiple cash cows.

So let us discuss other cash cows ...what of Chavez Senior my friend?
    Another Don King Fighter if I’m not mistaken? How’s my theory in regards to him?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  6. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Sure I mean look at Wilder vs Fury. How did Wilder get a draw? He lost pretty much every round. Was there Wilder favoritism there for those judges to give him a couple of those rounds that he probably didn't deserve? Perhaps, anything's possible. But is this conscious pre-planned corruption / favoritism going into the match or is this just a result of human subjectivity? We'll never know. The whole "you must be quite young" because you are assuming that I totally discount the possibility of robberies favoritism, and/or outright corruption is your invention.

My stance is not that robberies favoritisms and outright corruption can't happen. It's that many fans and posters on here constantly go overboard and repeatedly assume that these things are going on when they have nothing to base that on other than "feelings". As it releates to Canelo, I have no reason to believe in what you believe about Vegas somehow favoring him unfairly. I don't think Bob Bennett gets together with the judges and tells them before a Canelo fight "look no matter what happens in the fight always ensure that Canelo will end up winning". To me that's preposterous to believe that, which apparently you and many others do.

That is extremely naive and paranoid to believe that something like that is actually going on.

IsaL likes this.
  7. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    What about him? How he lost to Randall? Or how he was penalized points for hitting low?

But, but the cash cow is protected.

Fact is this, you can argue that Canelo swept rounds 1-4 and 10-12. That alone is a win. All the rounds were close, and GGG only landed an average of 2.7 punches more per round than Canelo according to punchstats. HARDLY a robbery. Mosley-DLH, Trinidad-FLH, Chavez-Whitaker are fights with real arguments fir a robbery. Canelo-GGG I, not so much.

acie2g, shadow111 and Hanz Cholo like this.
  8. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    If you're referring to the Whitaker match I think those judges were probably biased and being too favorable to Chavez, giving him rounds that he probably didn't deserve. Though I would say a lot of that had to do with the fact that Chavez had a pretty good poker face, he didn't really give the impression that he was being hurt by Whitaker. Chavez was such a massive star that I think judges have a tendency to be biased in certain situations and it can affect their scoring. The same thing happened to Ali in the 70s. Did he really deserve that decision in the 3rd Norton bout at Yankee Stadium? Probably not I think most think Norton derserved it but Ali got a lot of those close rounds because he was Ali. Same thing happened with SRL. That one judge scoring the Hagler bout wide, all the judges scoring the rematch with Hearns close when it appeared to most everyone else he lost.

Star power is a real thing and I think there's a point to what you're saying that judges sometimes give too much credit to name fighters who are well established. But just because it happens in some matches doesn't automatically mean it will happen in other matches. The dynamics surrounding Canelo are not the same as the dynamics were surroudning Ali, SRL, and Chavez. It's a much different time now and with social media the same kind of favoritism that affected Ali SRL and Chavez doesn't necesarily apply to Canelo or other fighters. Every situation every match is different and imho it's wrong to just assume that the same kinds of things are happening to Canelo when you have nothing to base that on. Especially considering the difference between Ali SRL and Chavez as opposed to Canelo is that unlike them Canelo is still in his physical prime and is actually performing well enough to be winning these matches. Ali SRL and Chavez were all well past their prime and older when they got the so-called favoristism. With Canelo it's different, he's still in his prime, him winning close fights makes sense because he's prime especially when he's fighting older fighters who we can all admit are older and past their prime.

Hanz Cholo likes this.
  9. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I'm a boxing fan and by nature a Canelo fan based off what he's done in the sport.
    Gained my respect when he refused to fight on PBF undercard and refused to duck Trout who was unbeaten and WBA WBA Titlist most considered him the real #1 not Floyd thought opener scoring ruined a good fight but Canelo edged it close I'm hat could have been wide... saw them say he would duck Lara dude fight him and he him running more than any fight ever thought it was close gave it to Nelo 7-5 but was cool with the SD because that's what happened a close 50/50 hell could have taken Lara title but didn't want to fight for it because Floyd was the Real. WBA Champ fight turned around and stopped the guy who was giving Lara his toughest fight in Angulo, beat the Lineal Champ and HOFer in Cotto thought the weight was bs but that's on Cotto, followed it up by regaining a title at 154 beaten an unbeaten Champ Smith.
    Dude technically has 5 MW fights and in those fights he's beaten the Lineal Champ(Cotto), the unified Champ(GGG II), and the IBF Champ(Jacobs) sprinkle in a showcase fight vs Khan and a draw vs the unified Champ(GGG I) that's 3 #1's and a #3 going 4-0-1..
    Personally I scored GGG I a draw and GGG II a 8-4 win for Canelo. And on top of that moving up 2 weights to stop Kovalev a top 3 LHW Champ why wouldn't i be a fan. The drug test thing was bs felt regardless if it was an accident or not still looks bad. Saying that VADA was considered the good agency yet when they say Canelo ain't cheating people still hating... ay the end of th day I score fights without bias or what I think was gonna happen or who I want to win I score what happened hell I had Kova up 6-4 at time of stoppage but the offical scores at time were 6-4 x2 Canelo and 5-5 even that's a reality of the fight close fight harder shots landed by Canelo better boxer was Kovalev all three are reasonable scored but stans like you will call robbery and all this bs

maac and shadow111 like this.
  10. Hanz Cholo

Jul 11, 2012
    i am not arguing canelo vs GGG.
    Just discussing cash cows & the effects they have in Vegas & close fights.

i was being questioned as if the concept is brand new or the theory has been debunked. Shady decisions are a thing.
    Let’s not act like they don’t exist.
    This is coming from an unbiased canelo supporter.

for the record I thought Golovkin won the 1st fight & canelo won the 2nd.
    but they were both close fights.

the poll for sure don’t lie though
    As it is a landslide for prime GGG.

i voted Draw.

11. Hanz Cholo

Jul 11, 2012
    yes i was referíng to Whitaker fight.
    Canelo has a track record of having one judge score card being insanely skewed towards him. In almost every fight. Since Adeleye bird in the Mayweather bout.
    It makes things look corrupt & sketchy.

Im not saying it is I’m saying it is a bad look. & why I’m saying if I’m GGG I’m going out on my shield cuz they won’t give him the decision ... think Pacquiao vs MARQUEZ IV

12. ayala

ayala Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 21, 2007
    How can you say that when he boxed GGG he was at the start of his prime and couldn’t knock him out then. Maybe now he would

13. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Excellent post. You knocked it out of the park.

14. ndthentherewasx

ndthentherewasx let it marinate Full Member

May 5, 2019
    Prime Golovkin fights the same as he did in the 2nd fight. Getting hit hurts and he abandons his traditional "mexican" style.

Stay wishing little g fangirls

IsaL likes this.
  15. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    A simple yes would of been sufficient Stanelo.

The rest of the nonsense you typed was as per usual with you Canelovers a complete waste of our time.

fistsof steel likes this.