Prime Henry Akinwande vs Anthony Joshua.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by CroBox29, Aug 2, 2021.

Prime Henry Akinwande vs Anthony Joshua.

This poll will close on Jul 31, 2031 at 10:22 PM.
  1. Henry Akinwande UD/SD

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Henry Akinwande KO/TKO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Anthony Joshua UD/SD

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Anthony Joshua KO/TKO

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  5. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CroBox29

CroBox29 Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Who would win and why?

2. mark ant

mark ant Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Akinwande completely flopped v Lewis he was scared and held on the whole fight, he would do the same v AJ, Akinwande wasn`t as dynamic as AJ and didn`t beat the level of fighter AJ has beaten, AJ woud have won easily.

HolDat, Stiches Yarn and Fergy like this.
  3. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    AJ would eventually get a Ko but Henry makes him work for it. Would be a bloody nightmare fighting him and getting tied up.

4. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Joshua KO is what I'd like to vote, but the reality is it would end up just like the Lewis fight. Aj lands a bomb and Akinwande clinches for dear life until he gets disqualified

HolDat and mark ant like this.
  5. Turnip mk3

Turnip mk3 Member Full Member

Feb 6, 2021
    I think Akinwade if he can get out of the early rnds he could come on strong in the latter stages. He stamina was better than AJ and he was a decent boxer . Lewis couldn't stop him so I doubt AJ could.

6. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Akinwande was a lot better than Lewis made him look.

against Lewis, Henry was up against a very experienced champion. A two time Olympian having his second reign as world champion. A big, strong, clever guy.

As it turned out Akinwande gave Lewis too much respect, but if you remember back to this fight Manny Steward was quite concerned about Henry and saw him as a legitimate threat.

I think the occasion got to Akinwande. But he was a good fighter. Henry was unable to box and Lewis smothered him. Feeling out strength Henry panicked and hung on. Lewis cleverly exaggerated the extent Henry really was clutching. Shaking like he was trying to get away but still holding onto Henry at the same time.

Bottom line, Lewis had too many strengths, he knew how to stop Henry doing what he needed to do and it became a lost cause.

But what I want to know is, could AJ stop Akinwande boxing? I didn’t see that he was that clever a boxer against Ruiz. He is strong and physical enough but showed a reluctance to man handle Ruiz in the rematch.

I think Henry can outbox AJ as he could have outboxed Lewis had he been allowed to.

maybe AJ can bully him. But I don’t know that he could.

Turnip mk3 likes this.
  7. mark ant

mark ant Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Akinwande woulldn`t let Lewis punch, he just kept holding.

8. jont

jont Active Member Full Member

Sep 27, 2004
    i think Henry's fight with Lewis ruined his career. He had legitimate power, decent boxing skills.. but the nail in the head was the loss to McCall... wish Henry had a few more fights with some other Americans around his time..