prime joe frazier vs prime mike tyson

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by EverLast, Aug 24, 2010.

1. bernie4366

bernie4366 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Mike can do everything Joe can do, and a lot of things Joe can't. We've also seen how Joe reacts to big power being throw at him, he has problems. Can't seem to stay balanced. As said above.. the only one I'm picking over Mike is prime Ali.

moneytheman12 likes this.
  2. Muchmoore

Muchmoore Guest

Why do people always say this :lol:

3. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    He probably would. Joe was a simple come forward slugger who's only money punch was his left hook. He was ridiculously easy to time and to hit with that bobbing up and down style he had. Mike would have no trouble finding him in the ring and Joe would most certainly have met Mike in the centre of it.

4. bernie4366

bernie4366 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 29, 2006
    When Tyson is standing over Frazier's bruised and broken body, I'm sure it will give Joe a lot of comfort to know that his resume is better than Mike's overall, just not in a H2H sense lol

Re Foreman, his jab would give Mike trouble, but that's really the only edge he has over Tyson. Mike hits just about as hard, is much quicker on his feet and with his hands, throws much better combinations and probably has a better chin. I'd take Mike in this matchup as well.

5. PeteDawg

PeteDawg Observant Observer Full Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Joe Frazier knocksouts Tyson in the late rounds...

6. TommyV

TommyV VIP Member banned

Nov 2, 2007
    Congratulations on missing the bigger picture. You really do not know how to analyze a head-to-head match-up, do you? All I see is a list of attributes you've listened. Well done. Care to expand on any of that?

7. J.R.

J.R. No Mames Guey Full Member

May 26, 2008
    What kind of idiotic response is this?? This clearly comes from a man who has little to no knowledge of the sport. Have you ever heard of the saying 'styles make fights'? Those guys you've mentioned fought moving away from Tyson and held on for dear life whenever he got close. Frazier would have done no such thing. He would've stood toe-to-toe with Tyson and exchanged heavy blows from from the get go... and seeing how Frazier had a tendency to go down early in fights, and considering Tyson brutal killer instict, yeah, I don't think Frazier goes past 3 rounds.

8. Hattons Hook

Hattons Hook Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 15, 2009

I know plenty of the sport and have seen plenty of both fighters. People who dismiss Joe Fraziers chances to 3 rounds know more than me ? **** off. I grew up watching Tyson and rate him massively but i also know what Frazier achieved and what he was capable of so its you ****s makin out he wouldnt last five minutes who know **** all.
    So again, kiss my arse.

9. jaffay

jaffay New Orleans Hornets Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Frazier by KO in 10th while losing on points

10. kingmiller8282

kingmiller8282 Active Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Damn, well put, and I agree 100%

11. tommygun711

tommygun711 The Future Full Member

Dec 26, 2009
    assuming Frazier can survive the early onslaught he would probably wear down Mike afterwards, but i don't think he survives personally. that's just where it becomes a matter of opinion. frazier either gets sparked early or he wears out make late.

12. TommyV

TommyV VIP Member banned

Nov 2, 2007
    Would Tyson be able to back Frazier up as easily as Foreman did though? Foreman could afford to come forward and throw bombs and had the size and physical strength to impose himself. Frazier's physical strength is under-rated. I just wonder whether his slow start in comparison to Tyson may be negatated be the fact they could smother each others work earlier, dragging the fight on longer and increasing Frazier's chances.

13. RobertV77

RobertV77 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 7, 2010

Explain? I can think of a few similarities so feel free to explain how they differ.

14. TommyV

TommyV VIP Member banned

Nov 2, 2007
    I think we'd all like to hear these similarities rather than going through ALL the reasons why they aren't similiar to each other.

15. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Frazier. Too much heart and determination for Tyson. Joe would smother Mike and turn it into an inside fight then Knock Tysons ass out.