Prime Joe Frazier vs. Vitali Klitschko

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Ali Frazier, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Ali Frazier

Ali Frazier KO ARTIST Full Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Before you dismiss this one consider this
    -The Klitschkos are massive headhunters.
    -Never known to attack the body.
    -Consider Joe Frazier's head movement,chin, stamina.

Call it
    UD,KO,TKO

and in which round? Who takes it away?

I'm gonna have to say Joe gets a stoppage in the later rounds. Vitali has a concrete chin no denying that but I think joe could cut him pretty bad.

Let's here it fellow boxing fans! :bbb

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  2. markclitheroe

markclitheroe TyrellBiggsnumberonefan. Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Frazier v vitali....Prime Frazier stops him 7-9 rounds.
    Frazier v Wlad....sadly Joe probably loses a dull fight on points .
    God help Wlad though if Joe lands that left hook !!

3. Ali Frazier

Mar 9, 2014
    Sounds about right on all accounts. Can't argue with the Wald scenario jabbin Joe to death..but then again in the middle rounds he could gas him with the body shots and hit a good enough hook in.

4. brb

brb Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Frazier vs. Foreman all over again, but probably a few rounds longer.

5. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Frazier wasn't known for his chin, ans struggled with larger fighters who were not top drawer in Mathis and Bugner. Infact Mathis was in the lead for a while. Bugner was always defensive yet when he landed something late he buckled Frazier's knees.

Vitali is much better than these two and would likely TKO Frazier in the mid to late rounds.

Wlad vs Frazier could depend on the ref. 50/50

6. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Neither of the Klitsckos fight anything like Foreman, have you ever even watched one of them fight? :patsch

7. Ali Frazier

Mar 9, 2014
    After losing the first few rounds I'd like to think frazier in this fight as already stated frazier is going to get past that jab and he will be rockin and a rollin
    :bbb

8. brb

brb Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 14, 2010
    This has nothing to do with Wladimir Klitschko.

It's a match-up nightmare for Joe. Vitali is a much larger man than George with arguably equal traits. Joe had problems with big fighters and Vitali would be no different.

Offensively: Vitali would keep him away with the jabs, rights, hooks, and uppercuts.

Defensively: Vitali would use his awkward lean-back style to keep out of range of any offense Frazier can muster up.

9. HitBattousai

HitBattousai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 6, 2006
    Vitali has nowhere near the power of prime Foreman. He hits hard enough, but he's not likely to pull a crazy knockdown session a la Foreman on Frazier. I think he probably starts well, but Frazier wears him down to stop him late.

Wlad has very little chance. He's got the power but headhunts too much with straight punches and doesn't throw enough to keep Frazier off of him. He will be gassing against Frazier's pressure and body shots by the middle rounds and will get stopped late in a surprisingly one-sided fight.

Boxingfan712 likes this.
  10. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    I dont think its a nightmare match for Joe, if anything, Frazier is Vitalis worst nightmare. Chisora, a very poor mans Joe Frazier (and 19 fight novice) had Vitali backing up, he gave Vitali the toughest fight since Lewis.

Vitali doesnt like pressure, he likes having things his own way, against Frazier, Vitali will very quickly realise hes in with a guy who's not willing to co-operate. Even Sanders had Vitali running for his dear life in the first round.

Vitalis punch power is extremely overrated, he punches nowhere near Foremans level. Frazier outworks Vitali.

Boxingfan712 and swagdelfadeel like this.
  11. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Not sure what you got right in your reply. Please, Vitlai was injured at the very end of his career when he fought and easily beat Chisora, who has a better chin than Frazier.

Vitali is fine with pressure, and fights back. As for his power, Briggs who fought both Vitali and Foreman said Vitali hit harder. Danny Williams said his power was even with Tyson.

As for punch out put, Vitali is among the best ever. He also moves around a lot. Frazier short stature and lack of reach means he would have to get very very close to land.

12. Waynegrade

Waynegrade Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Vlad has the physical equipment to win this fight,however... However, comparisons to Frazier/Foreman are not valid here. Vlad doesn`t have 1/2 of the tenacity, meanness or true one punch power of Foreman. The bet here is he comes out tentative,wary of Frazier`s power and intensity. If Frazier gets into the 3rd rd,this fight is all Frazier. The reason I see Frazier making it past his usual slow start is that Vlad fights extremely tentative,pawing with his jab while trying to keep a safe distance. That type of start ,allows Frazier to get properly warmed up and start Smokin` by the 3rd. As for how Vald did with Chisora, please... Chisora was never in Frazier`s class, and fights nothing like Frazier... IMO.

13. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    This is one of those threads is likely to last for months on end, resulting in a lot of name calling among posters. But as much as I like Frazier and rate him above both Klits, I don't see things going too well for him. Pound for pound he's superior to Wlad and Vitali, but that won't help him much here. Those guys are just too big. And I can't imagine Frazier landing often enough to make either man fold or gain many points on the cards.. Joe relied on workrate and wearing his man down over time. He'd have to practically kill himself working hard enough to compensate for the physical disparity.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  14. Waynegrade

Waynegrade Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 27, 2008
    MM, I totally see your points... The sheer mass of the Klit`s could be problematic... But,Byrd seemed to give them issues and Frazier was def stronger and more physical than the light-fisted Byrd... That`s why I favor Frazier... Am I a bit biased for Smokin Joe, absolutely :)

15. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Wlad can't beat Frazier. His record doesn't allow it. Its impossible.

Peter couldn't finish Wlad because he was too slow and had terrible stamina. If it was Frazier in there , Wlad would of been destroyed. Brewster hurt Wlad bad with a single left hook body shot. Joe would be sending them through one after the other before sending one up top to the computer.

Wlads single shot 1-2's fly past Joe's head all night long. Bob and weave hooks at angles beat 1-2 pot shots up top 99/100.

Saying Wlad beats Frazier is like playing rock, paper, scissors and arguing that scissors beats rock.