Prime Mayweather vs Current Crawford @ 147 lbs

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by bluebird, Apr 6, 2021.

Who wins?

1. Prime Mayweather

80.0%
  2. Crawford

20.0%
  1. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Active Member Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Who the hell voted for Terrance Crawford

surfinghb likes this.
  2. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
  3. SheenLantern

SheenLantern Member Full Member

Jan 13, 2016
    I wish we could have seen Mayweather against a fighter with a similar reach to him with lightning fast hands.

Judah almost qualifies but he had such a low fight IQ he had no idea how to use his advantages.

I'm not saying Bud wins, but I think if you were to build a fighter in a lab to beat Mayweather, that's what he would look like.

4. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    I'm impressed with Crawford. Good fighter. I'd love to see him and Errol Spence Jr. get it on.

Does he pose a problem for Mayweather? Sure, I think so. Can he win? Unlikely.

Floyd fought so many different styles, so many different kinds of opponents. Even at 147 he's absurdly quick, with rock-solid fundamentals. I also think he's a lot tougher than usually given credit for.

I think it would be interesting for a good few rounds, but Floyd eventually figures him out and pulls away for a decision win.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  5. Blaxx

Blaxx Member Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Beating the worst of the three who himself was coming from a long layoff is the measure of this era?

6. 88Chris05

88Chris05 Active Member Full Member

Aug 20, 2013
    I'm a great admirer of Crawford's talent and style - it's clear he's a damn good fighter in any era. But relative to his talent and his standing as a genuine pound for pounder his opposition has been underwhelming (not all his fault by any means) - and taking it one step further, at Welterweight he's barely fought anyone with a pulse.

Of course head to head fights aren't decided by résumés and just because one guy's got the weaker record it doesn't mean they don't still have physical advantages or skills over the other guy. But in this case the gap in terms of opposition beaten is SO wide I really couldn't pick Bud outright just yet.

Both genuine tacticians and problem solvers who can win in different ways depending on the situation, but given that similarity I'm gonna have to go with the one who has done it at a consistently higher level.

Competitive fight with Crawford giving Floyd problems, but I'll go with Floyd to rise to the occasion and take a decision.

7. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders NSB defector Full Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Mayweather: Mosley had him almost out on his feet. Maidana fought him to a draw. So did Castillo. Looked like **** against Oscar until he got tired. Needed 10 rounds to stop a 0-0 noob. Weasled his way to a decision over Pacman.

What close fight has Crawford had? His lvl of opposition is lower up to now, but at least, he's dominating what is put in front of him. Crawford is a great challenge for any version of Floyd.

8. HolDat

HolDat Active Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    So much wrong with this post. There's plenty of hypejobs who've dominated who's been put in front of them. Does that mean they're better than an ATG? NO. You should stop posting about a fighter you dislike if you can't be objective.

9. surfinghb

surfinghb Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Ya pretty much dude ... Don't know any other way to break the news to ya ... Worst of the three? .. I must of missed the Crawford , Thurman , Spence fights then ..... my bad ... ,, weren't these 3 , top 3 for years ?? or no... no fights between them ,, not hard to figure out here

10. Blaxx

Blaxx Member Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    This content is protected

This content is protected

Yes, he was the worst of the three. Coming off an injury-ridden last few years and two contentious wins in his previous two bouts.

11. Colonel Sanders

Sep 13, 2012
    So much wrong with my post? What exactly, you addressed none of it. Where did I say Crawford is better than Floyd? All I did was exposing Floyd had trouble along the way against various fighters and given his talent, Crawford would be a tough fight. Dont @ me with bs like you shouldnt be posting about this or that. Snowflaky and weak on your part.

12. HolDat

HolDat Active Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Being bias and using weak arguments such as "atleast Crawford has dominated his competition" when he has a weak resume in comparison is foolish.

By the way, only a HATER goes out of their way to spew such nonsense. :ciao:

13. Boxing GOAT

Boxing GOAT New Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2020
    I would choose Crawford by decision. Crawford has the combination of boxing, punching power, aggression and defense that would trouble Floyd. If you look back on Floyd's resume there is not one A-list elite level fighter at their very best who he defeated. We could say the same of Crawford, but he is a large WW, and has the tools needed to scratch out a win against Floyd.

14. Colonel Sanders

Sep 13, 2012
    oh no ! Look @HolDat another HaTeR disagrees with you! Are you going to cry?

15. Colonel Sanders

Sep 13, 2012
    More weak ass stuff from you. Cringe.