Prime Mike Tyson v. PRIME Pinklon Thomas

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Unforgiven, Oct 19, 2010.

1. My2Sense

My2Sense Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 21, 2008
    So Unforgiven's logic applies only when you want it to?

The one that was originally supposed to fight Tyson.

2. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah Tubbs and Thomas looked like total **** in that fight, but Tyson looked the same in all of his fights. :patsch

3. Foreman Hook

Foreman Hook ☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆ Full Member

Jul 30, 2010

Douglas was a v.much BETTER-Fighter then Tubbs, Tucker, Thomas, Biggs, Berbick ETC.
    + i read on a Sports-website Douglas was teh 1st fighter to ever stand-up to Tyson And Holyfeild was the 2nd.

4. MRBILL

MRBILL Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Tubbs never had a solid chin........ Tubbs could handle the power of typical boxers with some pop, but a real banger would get Tubbs outta there if they clipped him on the chin.......

Thomas had a great chin, but his speed and reflexes were so bad and slow by 1987 that he looked like a clustered **** against "Tyson and Holy."

MR.BILL

5. lefthook31

Jul 6, 2007
    Douglas lost to Tucker. Douglas was no better than any of them.

6. Foreman Hook

Jul 30, 2010

Tubby had v.weak Glass-jaw you right Billy. :thumbsup

Thomas was v.Shot heroin-junkie VS Tyson - no Wonder his reflexes were **** And his speed what used to be Fast was like a dryied-up snail. :thumbsup

7. MRBILL

Oct 9, 2008
    Skillwise, I think Buster D. had the most ability to execute and get the job done.... BUT! Douglas' two biggest enemies were his diet and shaky chin.... Their is really little one can do about a shaky chin, but Douglas could've won some of them earlier fights had his ass been in top shape...

Christ sake, Douglas basically pissed the fight away against Tucker in '87.... I thought Tucker looked like **** in his technical approach in that fight.... Douglas was killing Tucker for 8 rds... But then Douglas ran outta gas and just quit fighting.... I WAS PISSED!

And Douglas was a slob at 246 pounds when he took his siesta against Holy in round 3 later in 1990.... THAT EFFORT SUCKED!

MR.BILL

8. Foreman Hook

Jul 30, 2010
    Doug deffo had the Most ability by a long ****ing way And teh perfect-o-mundo style to Destroy Tyson. he would of been Undefeated IMO when he killed Tyson on Japan in 1990 if he had ate And trained proper.

Busta was fat lazy slob VS Tucker And he still show-up how **** Tucker was cos he Boxed his Head-off for teh 1st 8 Roundz like you said - then got v.tired cos he was in v.shitty shape And QUIT like a sissy - handing the W to Tucker on a sliver ****ing platter. :deal

9. lefthook31

Jul 6, 2007
    Douglas wasnt killing Tucker. It's easy to say after the fact that Douglas was the most equipped to beat Tyson because he did it but it doesn't change the facts of what he did in the rest of his career and that was to be about as good as the guys Tyson beat rather easily. Douglas was a good solid fighter not great but solid. He came in great shape and beat the **** out of a unfocused great fighter. That's it.

10. MRBILL

Oct 9, 2008
    I think Tucker's entire offense was overrated..... Tucker always struggled to put punches together or get off with his shots when pitted against "A" or top-notch fighters / opponents.... Tucker really only ever looked like a whurl-pool contender when he was matched with his typical "C" & "B" dude's he feasted on....

Infact, Tucker never really won a big fight..... Tucker's biggest wins are over "Douglas and McCall."

Losses to "Tyson, Lewis & Seldon" really hurt his legacy a lot....

MR.BILL

11. lefthook31

Jul 6, 2007
    I thought Tucker was a talented fighter. He was pretty atheletic for a tall guy. His drug problems screwed him. He was pretty washed up when he fought Seldon and certainly not as mobile when he faced Lewis.

12. MRBILL

Oct 9, 2008
    Christ, after the loss to Seldon in 1995, Tucker went on to lose to "Akinwande, Norris, Hide and Ruiz" later on... Tucker retired in 1998 with a 1 rd. KO over a stiff named Billy Wright.... Tucker was pushing age 40 there...

No IBHOF for Tony Tucker..... Ain't gonna happen....

However, NONE of them 1980s fly-by-night ABC chumps with talent will ever make the IBHOF...

Only "Holmes, Spinks and Tyson" will be there from that era of heavyweights....

1990s: Only "Lewis, Foreman & Holy" will make the cut.... Sorry Bowe, but you fall a wee bit short.... As does my boy Michael Moorer... "Bowe and Moorer" are close, but no cigar....

MR.BILL

13. lefthook31

Jul 6, 2007
    Moorer will probably make it for being the first southpaw heavy and a two time champ. Bowe might make it just for the Holy fights

14. My2Sense

My2Sense Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 21, 2008
    That's right, the films are right there in front of your face SHOWING him looking the same.

You can't change Reality.

15. MRBILL

Oct 9, 2008
    In my view of Tyson, he did look green and ordinary against "Green, Smith & Tucker" in 1986 & 1987, but I wouldn't call those showings shitty... Tyson didn't really look shitty and confused until he was parked by Buster D. in Japan in 1990...

MR.BILL