Prime Riddick Bowe vs Prime Vitali Klitschko

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by D.T, Aug 22, 2010.

1. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    ^ FLOP MATE

2. dawnofthedead

dawnofthedead Member Full Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Klitschko, with relative ease.
    Bowe always struggled with boxers who presented him with motion, watch his bouts with Biggs, Tubbs, Hide, Donald and Golota, they all gave him considerable trouble and Klitschko was several leagues above all of those guys. He'd have kept Bowe at a distance and stopped him during the middle rounds, easy.

3. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Vitali's lack of insight game and defensive flaws up would eventually show up here. Bowe by UD or stoppage on cuts in hard fought competitive bout.

Prime Bowe was just better than the past prime fat Lewis Vitali fought.

4. ticar

ticar Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Considering lewis tko 6, and bowe is better in my book, i'll say bowe tko 3

SluggerBrawler likes this.
  5. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Needless to say I think Vitali outboxes Bowe from range and grinds him down for a stoppage. Bowe's whooshing punches have the effect of refreshing and reinvigorating Klitschko as the match goes on.

6. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Just blind favouritism. Always the same folks who pick the Klitschkos cause they are fans

Are you seriously saying prime Bowe is worse than past prime fat Lewis? If he could not oubox Lewis from range, how is he gonna do it against prime Bowe?

Prime Bowe is more active, faster, better chin and a better infighter than that Lewis.

ticar likes this.
  7. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    I think Bowe in his absolute prime beats Vitali, UD.

mcvey likes this.
  8. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Always the same folks that pick Bowe because they are fans ...

I'm saying Lewis > Bowe, and that Bowe didn't even have the guts to face Lewis, and that until the cut interfered with Vitali's vision, that he was beating Lewis like a drum.

I'll further go and say that fat old Lewis still had the heart of a champion and he very likely would have done Bowe like dinner :deal:

9. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Look I am not even a supporter of Bowe.We do know that Lewis beat up Vtali's face.It was a fair stoppage caused by a punch.What would have happend without the cut, we do not know.

Are you saying Bowe had no heart? Bowe showed tremendous heart in the Holyfield and the Golota fights.You clearly do not know what you are talking about.

10. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Nah, Bowe did have heart. Huge heart, actually, because 90% of fighters would have quit (probably rightly so) after the beating Golota was giving him. Can't take that away from him. I just feel he's hell of overrated that's all.

11. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    He did beat prime Holyfield though. What is Vitali's best win?

12. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Holyfield gave him all sorts of problems despite being vastly outweighed and fighting Bowe's fight. Golota who was a skilled SHW gave Bowe a shellacking.

I'd say Vitali's best wins are probably Sanders, Arreola and Peter.

It's not so much the names that he beat than how he beat them. Even when losing Vitali has only really lost to injury. If Bowe had actually fought and beat Lewis, we would not be having this conversation.

13. Outstock

Outstock PBR Full Member

Mar 31, 2013
    Look what happened to Kell Brook at the weekend - he was dominated on the inside because he had no infighting skills.

The same happened to Vitali when he fought Lewis , it would happen against Bowe as well. Bowe was a great inside fighter and on the outside he was rangier , faster and more powerful than Vitali.

Vitali gets dominated by Bowe who was much better in his prime than an ageing slow and sluggish Lewis.

ticar likes this.
  14. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    You do realize that Bowe was shot against Golota? Just look at his balance or body strcuture for those fights.

Holyfield is an ATG heavyweight. It does not matter one bit how much weighed. That is much more impressive than dominating the likes of Peter or Arreola.

15. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Bowe's sloppy defense and fragility are his undoing in this one. He was fine dismantling warmed over corpses like Dokes but the first decent, fit heavy of size that he met undid him simple fundamentals and ended his career.

BCS8 likes this.