Prime Tyson would beat Prime Foreman with smart gameplan

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by baconmaker, Dec 28, 2016.

1. baconmaker

baconmaker Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 23, 2013
    If Prime Tyson stays on the outside and counters George, I could see Tyson win this in the later rounds TKO.

If Tyson goes forward to Georges fists, then Foreman will win by KO.

The key to beat Foreman is smart gameplan staying on the outside and counter. Tyson has the skills to do that.

2. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    When you put "Tyson" and "smart game plan" in the same sentence, the whole thing takes on a raft of assumptions.

I am not saying that it would not happen, but I would not bet a second hand spit bucket that it would.

3. DrBanzai

DrBanzai Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2012
    Foreman would kill Tyson in 3 or 4 rounds.

4. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Tyson would see Foremans punches coming from a mile away,he would mug foreman and Tyson never was knocked out with just one punch,foreman was no combination puncher either. The only game plan needed is what Tyson always did slip and move by counter punching. Foreman would not have the speed to deal with Tyson, the only game plan Tyson needed was boxing his style and hitting his target whenever the opportunity was there,which was always the case because he was so fast and powerful with the the best defense under Rooney at HW in history.

Mr.DagoWop and Jobo1878 like this.
  5. Hayemakers

Hayemakers Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Foreman is much bigger, has more power and a better chin. Tyson has almost zero chance against George Foreman. And Tyson doesnt even come close to having the warrior spirit of Frazier so i cant see him last more than 2 rounds against George.

6. AnTalerico

AnTalerico New Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Prime Tyson would destroy Prime foreman who was a slow lumbering monster

GALVATRON and BodyBlaster like this.
  7. heizenberg

heizenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Tyson would not stay on the outside and counter thats not how he fought even in his prime. Personally I always see a prime Foreman taking out Tyson I feel Tyson like Frazier would be made to order for Big George. Tyson's only chance is if he can get to Foreman first and take him out.

8. BodyBlaster

BodyBlaster Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Tysons quickness be way way way too much for Foreman. He could see any of Ali's punches coming, he wouldn't see Tysons either.
    People forget just how special Tyson was before his enthusiasm for training left and so did all the team who made him so great.

9. heizenberg

heizenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Speed would be the advantage for a prime Mike Tyson but to me its not a matter of what Tyson would do to Foreman its matter of what Foreman would do to Tyson. His uppercuts and body shots I think would be too much for a prime Mike coming forward into him. This match up has all the making of a classic but short slugfest. I always see a young Foreman coming out on top. Even Old Foreman I think wouldn't have been by any means an easy go for Tyson.

BodyBlaster likes this.
  10. BodyBlaster

Jul 25, 2007
    Foreman wouldn't be able to get out the way of what Tyson was bringing. I think v Foreman, because of his punching abilities, Tyson would be at his best, probably his best ever, and would no way choose to fight Foreman the way he did Ruddock for example.
    I don't see Foreman at his best, beating Tyson at his best, just not fast enough. Tyson was arguably the fastest heavyweight of all time at his peak. I think Foreman gets knocked out in Tysons best ever performance.

11. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    If Tyson can make it out of the 4th or 5th rd his chances of winning would be enormous.

Foreman had a great uppercut which was one of the tools needed to beat prime Tyson. Foreman wouldn't be backing up either so that is another plus. Tyson feasted on guys who tried to box him.

Safe bet would be Foreman by KO in 2 or 3 rds but Tyson has a pretty good chance here of over whelming Foreman in the second half.

12. BodyBlaster

Jul 25, 2007
    I do not get AT ALL the argument that Foreman would flatten Tyson early.
    Lennox is a huge puncher, who hit the ghost of Tyson with everything he had from round 2 onwards, when Tyson couldn't get out the way, and it took 7 more rounds IIRC for him to basically fall down exhausted.
    There is no reason at all to doubt Tysons chin as anything other than superb.
    Foremans punches were swipes, he was predictable, and although carried awesome power, a relatively old Ali saw everything he had coming, and Foreman could do absolutely nothing about the shots coming back such was the difference in quickness.

I'd argue Tyson was at least at quick as the greatest, and carried similar accuracy and much greater power.

I think Tyson gives George a terrible beating before the ref or the corner stops the fight.

13. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime New Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2016
    mORRISON WITH A GLASS CHIN, LESS SPEED SKILL AND A SIMLAR STYLE TO TYSON DID IT VS OLDER STRAIGHT PUNCHING FOREMAN, ITS NOT INCONCEIVABLE THAT TYSON COULD DO THE SAME

ALSO RON LYLE ALMOST PUT FOREMAN AWAY UP CLOSE TYSON COULD DO THE SAME, FOREMAN HAS A GOOD CHIN, BUT HEAVY PUNCHERS CAN TAKE HIM OUT

TYSON HAS THE POWER OF A SLUGGER EVEN THOUGH HE IS CLOSELY RELATED TO A SWARMER, THIS ISNT JOE FRAIZER VS FOREMAN, THIS IS TYSON WHO COULD HAVE BEEN A SLUGGER IN HIS OWN RIGHT, HE COULD WELL OBLITERATE HIM THE WAY OTHERS EXPECT FOREMAN TO OBLITERATE TYSON

14. BoxFreakBen

BoxFreakBen New Member Full Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Prime tyson would beat 99% of all the heavyweights